The best just got better

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by atlasman, Nov 26, 2008.

1. dmjarb01

dmjarb01 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use feathers and a WB, and have no problem. I love the thing. the one thing I don't like is what GMMATT said, the noise kinda blows, but I haven't had problem yet.

2. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

YOU ASKED US TO MAKE IT...

MORE RUGGED
    Our new aluminum-encased Whisker Biscuits are 300% stronger than previous models. And, we've added a rock-solid, dual-bolt mount and a set screw (on Sure Shot Pro and Sure Shot models only) for even more secure, "locked-down" mounting.

EASIER TO SET UP
    The Whisker Biscuit's new design makes setup easier than ever before. Attach the Whisker Biscuit® to your riser mounting holes and it automatically lines up the arrow rest. And every model (except the SureShot Pro) is universal left and right handed.

MORE COMPACT
    You asked us for a lighter, more compact Whisker Biscuit. We did that.

3. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

I don't see the Hostage as full containment at all......most people know that for rests like these to function well the top bristles should be loose and not in tight contact with the arrow......on the WB this means a larger hole vs arrow diameter......on the hostage if you do this you lose all containment and the arrow will easily fall left or right into the ring or straight up through the top.

Also the Hostage will not work as long as they try to have that small tuft of bristles support the arrow......just not strong enough and they will splay and wear away in no time.......NAP actually knew this years ago as they tried to steal a piece of the pie with the 360 rest which has the same "containment" issues for the same reason but at least they had a better arrow support.

[​IMG]

The above info is all factual..........the following is my opinion, we have all seen the slow motion shots of arrows being released and they do everything BUT fly poker straight off that string. I doubt it is possible to eliminate fletch contact on a reliable basis........the problem with this is when the arrow makes contact on a Hostage it is unilateral and unbalanced, whereas on the WB there is equal and opposite forces all around the arrow which "guide" more then "deflect" if that makes sense......again just my opinion here.

4. atlasman

Dislikes Received:
    I use Carbon Express Maxima Hunters and Terminator Hunters as well......both with 2" Blazer vanes.

I believe the Maxima Hunters are somewhere around 270 from my Patriot.

You can expect a 1 fps speed loss with the WB vs a drop away......let me know if the deer notice ;)