Thanksgiving Harvest

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by IL_Bow_Man, Nov 27, 2008.

1. IL_Bow_Man

IL_Bow_Man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No big story, but here it is. Headed out this morning with Dad for our Thanksgiving hunt this morning. Things were really slow all morning...didn't see a thing all morning. About 8:30 I here a noise behind me...the same direction I was looking moments before. I turn my head and there are 3 does heading my way and were about 20 yards away and heading to my downwind side trail. There was very little cover in this area so I was taking my time getting my bow. My target was the third in the line, she was the nicest one and was trailing behind about 10 yards from the other 2. The first 2 got straight down wind and I thought I was done. I did have some fresh deer pee out. They stopped and started looking around...but in the wrong direction. All 3 of them...I am starting to think they were brain dead or something. Since they were all looking at something that didn't exist I took my opportunity to get my bow and get ready. After they thought the coast was clear...they started walking again. When the third doe got close to where I could shoot...I drew back and put my pin on her and followed her. She hit the down wind spot the other 2 were in and she stopped...10 yards away. I settled and let loose of the arrow. The mighty Mathews threw down a thunderbolt on this poor deer. She had no idea what hit her. She kicked, turned and ran about 20 yards and stopped, turned and started stomping at me like I missed her, all the while I can see the blood running out of her. About 10 second later I could see her legs getting a little wobbly. Then she did her death run, which consisted of a 10 yard diameter circle that she ran in until she went down. About a minute later I recieved a text from my dad saying.."3 does from north". To which I responded...DOE DOWN!!! That is 2 for the year and prior to this it was 04 when I shot my last deer. So I am having a great year.
    [​IMG]

2. boonedog

boonedog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Great Job! It's great to hunt with your Dad on Thanksgiving morning! Any chance the does were looking at a buck?

3. MechDoc

MechDoc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great story and Doe Congrats!!

4. Jigglestick

Jigglestick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    way to go IBM!
    nice to share a hunt with someone, especially your dad. enjoy the times you have together.

5. MNKK

MNKK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I also got to share a morning with my dad. He saw successful, I was not so lucky, but I still enjoy going out there with him.
    Never forget alot of times that I have spent with him. Dad's are great guys. lol.

Congrat's on the Doe.

6. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the Doe, she should eat well.

7. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    nice work!

8. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats IBM!

9. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received: