Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Team-Ones To Watch

Discussion in '2024 Deer Contest' started by buckeyehntr5, Aug 27, 2024.

1. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. Looks like I will be hunting this weekend. Had a minor issue with my bow that I thought was going to cost me the weekend hunt. Good news is I tied a new D loop on and the bow shoots just as good as it did before. Bad news is after the D loop broke and I punched myself in the face, I'm still just as ugly as before.

I think I'll take the saddle with me this weekend to give it a try. This will be a first attempt for me.

I'm excited to finally get in the woods.

2. HuntinKB51

HuntinKB51 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great eight Chris! Love a tall ,wide, clean 8! Get him!

3. Hammer1171

Dislikes Received:
    New D loop and ready to go! 20240913_135629.jpg

4. rbhunting1

rbhunting1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Today was spent on my spring/summer hobby. It will be the last car show for me until after deer season. My 1968 brought home 1st place in the original, unrestored class. Tomorrow, I'll move some stands and check cameras in Oklahoma. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 14, 2024
    buckeye, short69, Hammer1171 and 3 others like this.
  5. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Season opener in WI for me and 87 degrees Hoping to get out this week and shoot a doe but need the heat to go down a little at least! A little youth duck hunting in the AM. We’ll see what the evening brings. S winds also not good for me. Did have a decent one on cam after dark tonight. Good luck all!

6. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Evening gentleman. Just got home from Mexico about an hour ago so I’ll be more active from here on out. I took tomorrow off so I might get out early tomorrow morning to check some cameras and move a stand or I might sleep u til noon, to be determined.

Early doe weekend in Michigan is next weekend so if it’s not too hot I may get out a time or 2 to knock of the cobwebs to be ready for the opener on October 1.

7. rbhunting1

Dislikes Received:
    I moved a stand in Oklahoma this afternoon and checked a couple cameras. Only does and small bucks showing up currently. I also had several pictures of hogs. I will definitely shoot those. STC_0152.jpg STC_0070.jpg

Englishman and buckeyehntr5 like this.
  8. Hammer1171

Dislikes Received:
    That's is a beautiful truck!

rbhunting1 likes this.
  9. rbhunting1

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you sir!

10. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    WGI_0062.jpeg WGI_0018.jpeg WGI_0174.jpeg WGI_0125.jpeg WGI_0124.jpeg WGI_0067.jpeg WGI_0172.jpeg WGI_0170.jpeg WGI_0102.jpeg WGI_0062.jpeg WGI_0018.jpeg Checked cameras and moved a stand on my main farm. Also put up up one last stand on one of the new properties I recently got. Lower Michigan has been getting his pretty hard with ehd but it seems to be in pockets. I luckily didn’t smell and death on with property I was on yesterday. Here’s a few deer from the card pulls. Couple home bodies and a couple new faces already.

11. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As asked can anyone make an avatar? I can give it a whirl but it’s going to look like the drawing you have to put on your fridge just because your 4 year old drew it for you.

12. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm afraid EHD is going to hit us pretty hard around my Ohio farms. Already found one nice 3yr old dead a few weeks ago. We haven't had a good steady rain for at least a 1 1/2 to 2 months with temps in high 80's low 90's. Still have 4 plots to plant, but not wasting the seed/fertilizer putting it out with no rain in the forecast.

13. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man I hear ya there, I usually do a few small plots but didn’t even waste the time, effort, and money this year.

14. buckeyehntr5

Dislikes Received:
    Here is one that I quickly came up with. Again, I am no expert and stole the image from online.... LOL

THE ONES TO WATCH.jpg

15. Englishman

Englishman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well season opened on the 15th but it’s been about 90 every day. Looks like I might be able to get a morning hunt next week as the temp drops a little.

HuntinKB51 and buckeyehntr5 like this.
  16. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m good with that avatar, a lot better then I tried to do.

stopped at the neighboring property this evening to ask the land owner permission to park and track if needed on the piece I shared last week and I got the go ahead on both! Instead of a 250 yard walk through almost the entire property I not have a 65 yard walk coming from an everyday use drive way. I think I’m going to sneak into that stand both Saturday and Sunday morning to try to get a doe or 2 down. Blue dot is where I can park, black arrow is the path and the big red lines are the hopeful deer travel coming from ag and cruising during the rut. I done want to burn it out by any means but I need some meat for the freezer. IMG_0505.jpeg

HuntinKB51 and buckeyehntr5 like this.
  17. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know that most our seasons haven’t started and we’re not going to check our phones every 10 minutes but one thing that makes this competition and season much more enjoyable is participation on here. Pictures, plans for the season, etc, really anything. Some of the best people I’ve got to know have been through this competition. I’ve been lucky enough to be on a winning team twice which was very active but I’ve also been on teams that did not even come close, my favorite years have been the ones with the most participation win or lose. I hope we get a little more active and make some friendships that’ll last a very long time!

18. buckeyehntr5

Dislikes Received:
    There is a good chance that I will be heading to our Illinois lease October 4th 5th and 6th. I need to get some mock scrapes started and move some cameras. I’m hoping to get a Friday evening hunt in and two sits Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MIHOYT89 and HuntinKB51 like this.
  19. rbhunting1

Dislikes Received:
    I like the avatar! I'll be in the stand beginning September 28 in Arkansas. I'm hoping to harvest a doe early. I'll do the majority of my hunting in Oklahoma. Still no target bucks for me, but lots of does. I have vacation scheduled November 3-9 and 17-23. With all the does hanging out, the buck activity should be great during the rut.

HuntinKB51 likes this.
  20. HuntinKB51

HuntinKB51 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, sorry for not being active here lately, I'm still here! Been getting some stand and blind work done, but dang it's been hot! Hard to get excited about anything when it's damn near ninety degrees out. We did finally get some rain last night, don't know if it was soon enough to save the food plots. Supposed to have some significant rain Sunday, we'll see if it helps. Want to get some mock scrapes and cams out on some new spots this weekend. Our opening is Oct. 1st. Good luck to anyone out hunting now, get us started!

rbhunting1, Logman and MIHOYT89 like this.