Team Nock Outs - 7

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by jfergus7, Aug 18, 2014.

1. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing good on cameras here. Found a giant rub along with some beds so I put a camera up on that. We'll see what it brings but I am not very confident in what the season has left for me

3. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    good lucks guys!!! I took this weekend off from deer hunting and I have been duck hunting a good amount. Think I'm calling in this Wednesday for a "personal day" to head out again...then am gunna try to head back into the deer woods this weekend.

Heres couple ducks from this weekend
    Some nice variety right here
    [​IMG]
    Nice Drake and a Hen
    [​IMG]
    A Band!
    [​IMG]
    Beautiful Drake and Hen Gadwalls
    [​IMG]

4. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all,
    I'm hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon. the weather is supposed to get cold by tomorrow afternoon. think I'll try my new property. have only been there twice this year. We'll see what's going through towards evening out there. Pressure's on, doe only gun season starts here on Dec 34-Jan1. so that'll get'em jumpy again. stupid gun seasons. wish they'd just go back to the old days and gun hunt 1 week in Nov.
    How'd the rest of you do this past week?

5. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be checking the couple of beaver traps that I have out in the morning then going to check cams on the newer property that I'm hunting. I'll be hunting it tomorrow evening. The only way that I will not shoot a doe is if something decent is showing up with some regularity.

Forgot to mention...I checked some cams the other day that I haven't checked since early November. I had Mr. Clean, my #1, all over two of the cameras in daylight hours the whole month of November and even into this month quite a bit. I had pics of the buck that I killed as well as the vast majority of all the other bucks on the property. Seems that the only ones that didn't survive are the bucks that we killed. Nothing went to the neighbors and got killed, so that's pretty encouraging. I'm starting to compile next years list and have about 6 bucks so far that will be at least 4.5.

6. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, what a crappy night to try to hunt. A massive cold front came through this afternoon. It was 45 degrees this morning dropped down to 32 degrees with 40 mph winds. Obviously nothing came by. I'm hoping to get out on Thur afternoon. Boy this year is not panning out for me. got another week before gun/doe season starts next week.

7. Beagle001

Dislikes Received:
    The deer were moving by me last night Hank. I only live about 3 1/2 miles from work, and on my ride home at 4:30, I bet I saw 45-50 deer! Wish I could have went hunting last night!

8. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    Oh man! I haven't seen a deer since gun season started! I've hunted private land (2 parcels) and haven't seen a thing. I didn't even see a deer up in Black River Falls.

I'm hoping to get out next Monday night and maybe see something finally. Need some snow on the ground to see what's happening with the deer by me.

9. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    So my buddy went to one of our spots on a meat mission for a friend in need of meat for his family. On his way to one of our stands he found a matching set of sheds and we have been seeing and hearing of more and more people finding sheds recently...so they are def already dropping around here. I feel like its kinda early still, idk. Kinda bummed cause I'm still chasing a couple decent bucks, if it doesn't come together we can just hope they make it through the winter and add some mass and more inches for next year! We'll see how it goes. Went duck hunting again the other day though and shot my first Bufflehead Drake. Truly a beautiful bird, dropped it off at my taxidermist that night to be mounted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Beagle001

Dislikes Received:
    Heard about a guy north of me who had 5 bucks coming in a week ago and now only one buck still is holding his rack. Looks like I'll be shed hunting soon

11. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    I am incredibly pumped for shed season, I have never found a shed before so in a way I am more excited than for deer hunting

12. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    well the weather looks really crappy for the next 2 days, then gun season starts. I'm hoping to get out, but then again I feel like crap, got a cold goin on so we'll see how I feel tomorrow. Sux, but I don't wanna sit out in the cold rain all day and get even worse.
    good luck to anyone else still hunting.

13. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been hearing of people finding sheds all over. My brother shot a Doe tonight and while we were tracking her my brother did find a small 3 point shed.

14. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    Im jacked for shed season! I wanna go out right now but I'm guessing most haven't dropped yet

15. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You guys joining in on the shed contest this year? I hear the the defending champs have a couple of big guns that will be tough to beat.

16. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone seen your capt? lol

17. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ya Jake I planned on joining haven't done that contest before and to be honest Im not very good at shedding hunting but doesnt mean I dont enjoy it! This was my first time doing this contest and I had some decent luck so hopefully it keeps rolling into that.

18. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's a good time. I absolutely love to shed hunt. I'm gonna try to beat my total from last year, but it'll be tough. One of the main things that I do once season ends is start dumping corn. I inventory all the bucks and it helps to keep them somewhat close so I have a shot at finding their sheds. It also centralizes some coons then I hammer them with my traps.

19. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    idk if I'll join the shed contest, but will def go out shed hunting whenever I can...buddies have found a few already. Would love to find Flyer's sheds thats for sure and a few other bucks on the properties we hunt. I'll tell ya though, this waterfowl hunting has taken over my free time currently big time. And the migratory birds haven't even moved in yet that much...January should pick up around here thats for sure! You been fowl hunting anymore at all Jake?

Heres a Hen Hooded Merganser I took on Sunday, cool bird!
    [​IMG]

And a Drake Mallard, that I called in with my new custom call a local call maker hooked me up with. Got him to sperate from his group and cup right into our spread.
    [​IMG]

20. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't been duck hunting at all lately. I've started trapping more and hope to thin out some coyotes. I went hunting this morning and was trying to get a shot on a doe at 20 yards but it was just too thick. I had a great buck on my camera a couple days ago. I think he's only 3.5, but I will probably shoot him if he comes by. If not, I'll try an get his sheds. He should be one heck of a deer next year.