Team 9

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by kskcheche, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sat last night and had two does come in. Hung a camera in this spot before leaving for NC a week ago and didnt lock it up since I leased the property and sure as chit I go in to hunt last night and its gone! 3rd freakin camera this year!!! Starting to getting po'd! Did a mid day scout today and one stand had 3 scrapes within 100 yards of it, and the other had 7 scrapes within 80 yards of the stand! Todays wind is ridiculous so I dont know if ill go out tonight or not.

2. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rutin, why so many trespassers? Neighboring hunters or what?

3. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Really urban areas... lack of places to hunt so people are careless and will hunt wherever/whenever. I pitty the next person I catch on any of my land!

4. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks man, hope they don't mess up an opportunity for you at a big buck. I'll be out tomorrow morning, I have been getting most of my pictures in the morning, lets pray I get an opportunity. We will see if it pans out, we are also getting a heat wave this week supposed to be in the high 60s and low 70s.

5. dunncty22

dunncty22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    got out and sat here on saturday in WI. Was raining walking to the stand satuday morning but still saw 7 deer. sat over my winter greens food plot still not quite sweet enough for them to eat on it yet. Went out saturday night to a 40 acre piece that borders one of our 40 that we just got granted access too. My brother and I sat all night in the rain. I saw 3 slickheads and he saw none. It was rather windy and of course raining so deer movement was very minimal. I wont be back out in the stand again til Thursday. Good luck all

6. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got out today, had 4 does work there way towards me for about 30 minutes. Had a fawn pass right underneath me and start to feed, another adult doe behind her came into about 25yds. The second doe must have caught me somehow and stared me down for awhile and decided to leave and the other two followed behind except for the fawn. Which stayed feeding under me, then after about 10 minutes it walked away, only to come back about 30 minutes later, and pace around where she last saw the other does until I got down from my tree and spooked it. Most people are saying fawns are independent and can fend for themselves at this time of year, not this little one.

7. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't hunted since last Saturday night. Temps have been warm, wind has been 10 to 20 everyday with temps around 65 to 70. Not really ideal hunting weather for mid October if you ask me...

Huge cold front moving in tonight, rain expected all day tomorrow - doubt I get out in the stand tomorrow after work unless it's just light rain. Will be hunting hard on Saturday - might try for an all day sit on Saturday and get back at it on Sunday.

Good luck guys!

8. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Will be in the stand tonight through Sunday! It's likely that I put a buck down this weekend - I can feel it!

9. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Weather is not what I would like to see, projected into the 60s for all next week. I'll be out regardless, I'm praying for a cold front for the end of next week. I'm right on them I just need some cold weather and a bit closer to the rut and they will be up on their feet for daylight. I've got plenty of doe action, so I'll just sit tight and wait. Good luck to everyone hunting this weekend.

10. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Doe in the truck

11. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go twitch, prime time is right around the corner.

12. lansea56

lansea56 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Good stuff Twitch.....activity is definitely picking up. Some large scrapes in our clover patches under the apple trees. Somebody stole the trail cam we had set up overlooking the plot. Still have no clue what quality of bucks have been around on this piece of property now, but the deer in general have been absolutely mowing down the clover. I've never seen it hit this hard, I'm sure its due to many of the fields being combined early this yr.

Pissed that while trying to keep activity on the piece to a minimum that people have obviously been trespassing. This piece of property is right along the state ice age trail and some DNR owned public property so we have that from time to time unfortunately. Also, my grandmas friend just hit an small 11pt buck with her car two days ago. It was following a doe. I'd say just a matter of time before the big guys start covering some more ground.

Good luck everyone.

13. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks fellas - I wasn't going to shoot me a doe until like December. But watching deer walk in front of me on every hunt got way to tempting!

14. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Twitch, I'm right there with you. I'm still trying to hold out...lol But boy is it tempting...

15. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry these photos are not the greatest - it was dark already when I got her.

The shot, as you can see not all that impressive. Keep in mind my stand is 35 feet up in the air - it's really the only place I can hunt out of this tree and the best tree to hunt over this food plot as I am tucked into the tree pretty good. It's making for some difficult angles and I just didn't execute very well - smoked her in the esophagus, she ran 50 yards and died instantly. I was lucky to miss that far right and do a complete pass through her neck. Dead deer, early christmas presents for my family and friends and 50 points on the board!

photo-9.jpg

photo-8.jpg

16. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice big doe! Congrats
    Been out hunting a few time but dealing with theift and tresspassing has been insane this year. Had 2 bucks and 5 does under me tonight. Then another tresspasser came in and decided to shoot at one of my lone wolfs bc his fat a$$ couldnt get up the tree to steal it. I dont know what kinda curse I have this year but I'm bound to break it!

17. kskcheche

kskcheche Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It wont be entered... you forgot to say what team you are on.

18. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Lol ok I will go edit it, if the don't enter it then they don't enter it - that will be a shame. Didn't kill a deer for 50 points any way. Haha

Thanka for letting me know though, I edited my entry. Sorry I forgot to add that.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  19. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Twitch! My son was born on Friday morning. Mother and son are home and doing well. I will be back on stand Wednesday afternoon and then Friday and Saturday Morning.

20. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! What did you all name him? Glad to hear both mom, son and dad are home doing well! Awesome news for you all!