Team 9

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by kskcheche, Aug 25, 2012.

1. kskcheche

kskcheche Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Check in!

2. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checked in.

My name is James Twitchell, you can call me Twitch, this is my second year in the contest, my second year bow hunting and my 4th year hunting whitetail - that said, I've got a pretty exciting fall planned. I will be hunting near Fleming-Neon, Kentucky (Kentucky, Virginia State line) from September 3 through the 9th I have access to several thousand acres however I have never hunted Kentucky or this property.

Come October 1 I will be hunting Indiana pretty hard - I have private hunting access in Vigo, Parke, Clay and Greene Counties. I have never hunted the property in Clay and I have only turkey hunted the property in Greene in which me and my hunting buddy doubled this past spring.

Vigo is my primary hunting spot as the deer seem to be a little more dense. Over the last 3 years I have had some pretty big deer on camera, just never been able to get on them while in the stand. Here is a look at 3 deer that were on camera last week.

Also had some decent pictures early on this season (a few more to come when I get some time to find them)

IMAG0024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. dunncty22

dunncty22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checked in,

My name is Brent Hoff. I am from Boyceville, WI and hunt in Dunn County. I have been bow hunting for 3 years now but whitetail hunting in general for 10. I jumped in head first from day one and it has really become my year round passion. My brother and I are the only bowhunters in our family. This year we have just over 700 acres for us to hunt between our family farm land and our leases. This is going to be the second year on our leases and thus far they have looked promising. We have been practicing QDM on all of our land since day one of hunting it. Hopefully this year will turn out like the past few!

4. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking In.

Looking forward to the season guys.

5. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Team 9-
    polecat_will Checked In
    Ghilie (ALT) Checked In
    cmtrav Checked In
    Lansea56 (ALT) Checked In
    kskcheche Checked In
    RUTIN Checked In
    Sycamorewitch Checked In
    Ksandman Checked In
    ArchArrow123 Checked In
    baja_blast1 (ALT) Checked In
    dunncty22 Checked In
    archery goon Checked In

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  6. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    You guys have any team name recommendations? Anyone have any InDesign skills or photoshop skills that they can design us an avatar photo once we come up with a team name?

7. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checkin in..... Name is Zach. Im usually good for one P&Y animal a year. I hunt hard and self film at the same time. This year I will be in KY, IN, & my home state of OH. My cams in KY are pretty slow this year but im still going to wack a doe next weekend if I get the chance. Ive got a mid 40's class 8pt im watching here in OH and got some studs in IN where I hunt. Def ready to start killing!!!

8. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  9. CMTRAV

Dislikes Received:

Attached Files:

10. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Good looking bucks guys, only 5 of 12 checked in so far. I will continue to update names in red as they check in.

11. CMTRAV

Dislikes Received:
    Sycamorewitch I nominate you for Captain.

12. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks... I guess?!?! lol

CM - tell us a little about yourself. I have been on this site for a little over a year now, still don't know a lot of people.

13. CMTRAV

Dislikes Received:
    Twitch,
    I live in Northeast Ohio. Been hunting for almost 15 yrs now. Lucky enough to have 100 acres of land owned by city that the game warden lets me hunt as long as I kill 4 deer a year I get to hunt the following year.

Usually hunt Virginia and West Virginia and make one trip to Midwest each year but with my wife expecting our 2nd child in Oct. no out of state trips this year.

14. CMTRAV

Dislikes Received:
    Team Name Ideas

Razors Edge
    Wack'em - N - Stack'em
    Sticks and String
    Beastmode Hunting

15. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Well if people don't start checking-in then we will be getting some alternates for sure.

I want to say this just once - everyone on here has different motivations for hunting and I appreciate each one of those. I personally don't hunt for this bowhunting.com contest and I certainly don't think anyone should alter their hunting plan or game based on this contest. That said, it is a competition that you chose to enter into - you were not forced to enter. Show some respect to your "teammates by committee" and be active in updating us in how your season is going. My own personally opinion is, if your not going to be in the woods hunting, if you don't have time to post photos and fulfill the requirements of the contest then you probably shouldn't check-in and withdraw from the contest.

Sorry, just felt that I needed to say that!

16. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Twitch..... with that being said above I will nominante you as captain too if you would like to be. I like your attitude and the way your straight up. I feel and think the same way but sometime I'm not able to get on here for a few days bc I work 48 hr shifts and hunt alot. That being said I will not shoot a buck under 130" and this will be the first year im seeking a doe in years! I lost all my venison to a power outage several months ago that thawed everything for 3 days! With that being said I'm in pure KILL mode and with a new lease being signed this week im super stooked!!!

17. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Zach - sounds like you certainly have some great hunting access here in several MidWestern states and should have plenty of chances this season to put us on the board! I bet those 48 hour shifts are a bit rough sometimes huh? lol I tell you, I'm not asking anyone to post a lot or even kill a deer - I'm just asking for an honest effort! If you can't give an honest effort then don't enter the contest. I hunted every weekend last year until the end of the season and all I could manage was a doe. I posted my 50 points and gave it everything I had - that is how I define success. Did you give it everything you had?

Thanks for the comments Rutin! Look forward to a good season, good luck in Kentucky! When are you going?

18. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like you got a couple pretty good pieces of land to hunt Brent. When does your season open? Any good trail camera photos to show off?

19. dunncty22

Dislikes Received:
    Hey again guys,

Twitch our season here in WI kicks off the 15th of September.. I will be in the stand every second I'm not in school or working part-time. Ill weed through some of my pics thus far and find a few worthy candidates worth posting (cant show off all my hit-list haha). But ya we have worked hard managing these leases and are looking into locking them up for 5 more years here pretty quick. I like what you said earlier about checking in. It makes people show their true passion for the sport. What better way is there to do so then talking about it with fellow bowhunters on your team? That being said I look forward to my first BH.com contest.

20. dunncty22

Dislikes Received:
    oh almost forget I nominate you twitch as well for captain. Lets try and lock up a team name here regardless of only having 5 checked in.