Team 9 - Tag & Drag

Discussion in '2021 Deer Contest' started by Holt, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    Christopher Jay likes this.
  2. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys its official, we got a team!

Check in and tell a little about yourself when you get a chance.

Good to see slot of familiar names and past team mates. Looking forward to getting to know you all more!

3. fowcbler

fowcbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    fowcbler check in

1st year shooting a bow, and 1st year hunting. Located in Central Texas, but looking to hunt in various spots around the state.
    Raising 3 young bucks myself, so hopefully one if not all will get the bug and we can create some amazing hunt/outdoor memories.

Looking forward to my first season, and learning all I can from everyone here.

2010 Martin Saber Single Dyna Cam 60#/29", QAD Drop Away, 5 Pin (15y, 25y, 35y, 45y, 55y)
    31" Easton GameGetters: 300 Spine, 595 grains, NAP 125 Thunderheads, 4 Fletch Bohning Ice vanes
    Scott Archery Longhorn Hinge Release.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  4. vanfossen

vanfossen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in, finally the season is back and getting ready to kick off. This is my redemption year. I am from SE Ohio, hunting mainly public and possibly couple private spots. Been chasing a monster for 2 seasons. Last season came to full draw on 2 shooters and spooked. Checking cams Wednesday for first time this season. Won’t be hunting family farm this year because they are logging out 40 acres of pines

Mathews HTR, Sword 5 pin, Truball release, Goldtip XT hunter 300, QAD 125 gr Swept, QAD rest

Christopher Jay, gltomp and Holt like this.
  5. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Gltomp reporting for duty.

Getting back in the stand after being away a few years. Did you know doctors only do major surgeries just before hunting seasons... especially when there is a 6 to 8 week recovery period? Ugh.

Shoulder impingement has me archery hunting with a X-bow only now days. Consequently, thanks to New York State's stupid-@ss regulations... I can only hunt the last two weeks of the state's 7-week long archery season. Seems us X-bow hunters have an unfair advantage over other types of archery equipment. So, X-bow season is limited to November 6 - 19. The DEC is kind enough however, to let us use our superior 'bow' during the two late seasons (Dec 12 - 21 and Dec 26 - Jan 1).

I hunt on a few Amish farms in Steuben County (#1 county for deer kill in the state), so hopefully I'll be successful again this year. Holt... I'd be willing to travel to MD and hunt with you! I've hunted down there and seen a couple monster bucks on the eastern shore - never got a clear shot to put an arrow in one though.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on the team and hoping I can contribute to us scoring some big numbers.

Best Regards to All,
    Gltomp

Christopher Jay and Holt like this.
  6. spiker44

spiker44 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Spiker44 checking in !! just coming off a back injury and getting up to speed with the bow. Had to turn her down a bit and it is not shooting tight groups, but I am getting use to the poundage slowly. I have made some great gains so far. it is great to see all of you that I am a team member with. Great success and be safe out there.

7. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great to see you back! You are always welcome to come hunt. Maryland doesn't care what weapon you have as long as you shoot all the deer! Lol. I'm at the most northern tip of the eastern shore. The hunting gets better the farther south you go. For the most part I only hunt on public, but have some private that I hunt during rifle season. If you do make a trip, I will make sure to help you out as much as I can. Currently almost all my hunting is in Cecil county.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

vanfossen and gltomp like this.
  8. archbunk

archbunk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking In!

Hunt in SW Michigan on 30 acres of private. Between Wife, 4 kids and no PTO days left I probably won't get to hunt as much as would want to. But should have a couple solid weekends especially during the rut. Glad to see some familiar names and looking forward to getting to know everyone. Season starts Oct 1 here.

9. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    OOPS... guess it's the western shore. I hunted on Amish farms & woodlands near Mechanicsville (St. Mary's County) off Ryceville Road and in the surrounding area. Have a cousin that lives in VA and when we look east across Chesapeake Bay, we see Maryland (so I always thought it was the eastern shore... duh). And yes... the hunting is phenomenal. Some of those Amish guys have taken some dandy's down there. AND... a non-resident license for me is only $65... can you believe it? I use to pay more than that for a resident license here in NY before turning 70... but now I only pay $5 (old age has its benefits - LOL).

Holt likes this.
  10. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes there are some huge deer in St. Mary's country. Every year there are quite a few monsters shot there.

gltomp likes this.
  11. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Testing 123. Hopefully I set up Tapatalk correctly. This way I can send y'all a photo of the deer I get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

12. archbunk

Dislikes Received:
    Came through ok.

I gave up on Tapatalk last year because I could not see pictures others posted. They might have changed it though. I just use a web Brower on phone.

13. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still using tapatalk for the most part, but it definitely has its problems. Most likely will go web browser also at some point.

14. sknox8

sknox8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in!
    Ready for another hunting season!
    Sept 18 is opener in Wisconsin. I mainly hunt pvt land. My in laws have 400 acres of mixed fields and woods. Lots of deer and usually a few nice bucks. A bonus is that its right out the back door of the house. I also hunt my grandpa's 40 thats about 10 minutes from home. Glad to be on the team.

Christopher Jay, gltomp and Holt like this.
  15. sknox8

sknox8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Some pics 6590a3cb-7a58-4ad5-805f-d80d6bcb9b91.jpg 8d0b78b9-9ecd-4345-ad86-1a34e89c0a64.jpg 90a5f78e-61ad-49e0-a144-1a7ea7d0d492.jpg 6590a3cb-7a58-4ad5-805f-d80d6bcb9b91.jpg

spiker44 and gltomp like this.
  16. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  17. sknox8

sknox8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes he has. He was early out of velvet last year also. I hope to get a crack at him this year

Holt likes this.
  18. archbunk

Dislikes Received:
    sknox8 likes this.
  19. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like we only need a few more to check in and wait and see if we get the last teammate.

A few things we can all think about is:

-We going to need to vote on a captain at some point.
    -Also if you guys want or have been thinking of a team name.

20. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Are you guys ready?

So this year I'm planning on taking the long bow more. I have been shooting the compound and longbow, just not as much as I want. The compound is dead on from last year, so just going to shoot it a few times a week to keep in form with it. The longbow on other hand it needs constant attention to keep shooting form. I plan to shoot it ever day for the next 2 weeks.

My season starts on September 10 and I will be out opening day. Really getting excited to start the season!

Christopher Jay likes this.