Team 9 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by LAEqualizer, Aug 30, 2010.

1. BOWSPEC

BOWSPEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  2. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bowspec
    Good video and impressive shot through all the twigs and limbs, right on team mate. Get a score for him yet?
    Rocky

3. BOWSPEC

BOWSPEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Actually I had a clear shot at his entire vital area. The cameraman's perspective was not nearly as clear as mine. When the cameraman had a clear view of him before the shot, I could barely see him at that point.

He scored 120 1/8. he had good main beams and a nice spread, but zero tine length. He was a 3.5 yo that I decided I would shoot if I saw him. I did think he would score a little higher than that, but that wasn't really my main concern.

4. huntingson

huntingson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is a nice video bowspec. Nice buck too! I've always thought it would be very cool to get hunts on video, but I never want to give up my hunts to video and neither do any of my hunting buddies :) Just too greedy I guess.

I hope everyone is enjoying the season still. It is gun season here in Ohio, but hopefully a couple of good ones will make it through. With the weekend coming though who knows?

5. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck BowSpec! (don't forget to post in the scorecard!)

Gun season again here this weekend as well...looking forward to some late season bowhunts.

6. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Who's Left Hunting

Team #9
    Do we have anyone left hunting that we can get our hopes up about?? Come on ,let's get's some down on the ground:violin:, J/k, Best of luck to you still with bow in hand,Truly! I wish I was still able to be on stand. My season ended last Sunday:hater:. Be safe and God Bless.
    Rocky

7. buckhunter1988

buckhunter1988 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yea im still huntin sry i havnt been on if i havnt been workin im in ohio tryin to fill my buck tag out there with my bow i have gotten close but havnt had a shot yet i had 2 chances so far with 130's or bigger bucks but they stand in the thicket im right on the edge of but im gonna do my best to lay one on the ground so we can get the extra point.

8. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Buckhunter
    Keep at 'er bud,persistance will pay off sooner or later .
    Rocky

9. huntingson

Dislikes Received:
    I have thought of going after a doe, but my freezer is full so I probably will not try to get another one this year.

I hope everyone is getting to enjoy their time in the woods or hopefully with the family this time of year. Merry Christmas to each of you, and I hope it is a great one filled with fond memories.

10. bz_711

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas to you guys as well!

Very limited hunting here right now - blizzard like conditions this past weekend kept me home. I will still get a few good hunts in - just hope those bucks still have both antlers when they walk by:)

Good luck to those still out there!

11. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well I am going to try and do some scouting and maybe get out and hunt this weekend. We now have 10 inches of snow on the ground and everything has changed. No idea where the deer are finding the food now. We will see I guess.

12. BOWSPEC

BOWSPEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Going out this weekend as well...still have tags to fill in IA and MO...good luck guys!

13. bz_711

Dislikes Received:
    Got a quick hunt in Saturday morning, took 2 good buddies to my 35acres...knew I'd picked the right stand when as it got light this is what I saw...(all cell phone pics)
    [​IMG]

Saw 6 deer by 8:45 (none on this trail) and one buddy texted me to see if we wanted to call it early and meet at 9:00, I replied at 8:48 to say yes.
    I texted again at 8:49 to say I just shot a doe...2 came trotting right up this trail.
    [​IMG]

...shows arrow right off the trail...
    [​IMG]

She only went about 20 yards.

He text back a few minutes later to say he just shot a doe as well...so we ended up going 2 for 3 in the final few minutes of our hunt (other buddy had deer in range, but only frontal shots) - made for a fun morning hauling out deer and celebrating with a quick beer at the cabin:) :beer:

I haven't given up on a buck yet (only saw one antlered deer that morning)...stills needs to get colder and more snow/ice to get the big boys moving early.
    Keep after it guys and good luck - late season is a whole new ballgame, with way fewer hunters in the woods!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  14. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice Mr. Matt, congrats buddy!

15. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    congrats Matt
    More back straps for the family huh! Right on my friend, keep at er,God only knows you've put in the time. Sure wish I still had bow at hand. Be safe and God Bless.
    Rocky:tu:

16. buckhunter1988

buckhunter1988 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys sry i havnt been on im working 5 16 hour days a week because two of the guys i worked with quit. I drive a tow truck for triple A and since my boss cant find a replacement for either of them i had to pick up some of there shifts. Anyhow if i havnt been workin im in ohio hunting and the last time i was out i seen four buck in a two day period 1 was a shooter and 2 were 2 small and the other was a half rack 4 point. Anyhow im going to texas here in about 13 days so hopefully ill lay a monster down in texas so we can get some more points. Ill also be in ohio for a day or two before i leave so hopefully this snow can get a big buck in range

17. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christams Team 9! You guys have had a heck of a season. Thanks for putting in a lot of hard work!

18. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Besides Buckhunter
    Do we as a team, still have anyone hunting? Dang we still have 2 guys to posts their deer too,what's up with that? :throw: Hope everyone is getting over the Christmas meals,now to deal with all the New Years snacks:rock:
    Have a safe New Years Eve team. God Bless
    Rocky

19. huntingson

Dislikes Received:
    I hope everyone has a great and safe New Year's!

20. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Rockstar,

Did you get your package yet?