Team 9- Longbeard Loppers

Discussion in '2014 Turkey Contest' started by Just Passin thru, Mar 16, 2014.

1. MN-IN.A.TREE

MN-IN.A.TREE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great bird hoyt!

Spent a few mornings at one of my more suburban spots. About 40 yards of my cousins deck. Usually no real mature birds in the area but they walk through her yard every single day. It has always been the spot I bring friends to who have never turkey hunted because it seems good for a jake basically on a morning basis. My summer classes started this week and I am out of town this weekend fishing so I was going to try and get it done and put a jake down but they just never showed up. I had train after train of hens walking by all morning and into the early afternoon. I could hear the bearded birds in the roost gobbling but they just never showed up. After my fishing trip I will be back out on my main go to property to try and seal the deal with a good mature bird for the last week of my season.

2. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They're taunting me...:sad:

[​IMG]

3. brazel_dazel

brazel_dazel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well gents,

This si the last weekend of the 2014 Nebraska Turkey season. I am gonna give it one last shot, but I am not super hopeful, as I don't have any spots scouted. It appears as though I will be putting up a big ol' goose egg for the longbeard loppers. I will report after this weekend.