Team 9- Longbeard Loppers

Discussion in '2014 Turkey Contest' started by Just Passin thru, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was out Monday too. Nothing in the AM, didnt even hear a single gobble. Decided to make use of my day off and went to check cams at the property I deer hunt at....didn't even think to bring the bow. I was checking a cam and heard a gobble within 40 yards of me. Reached in my pack and hit the pot call a few times and called in 2 nice toms and 2 heans within 5 minutes. Watched them within 20 yards for over 25 minutes. I still can't believe I didn't have my bow on me, tough lesson to learn. Will be back at it this weekend though!

[​IMG]

2. Just Passin thru

Dislikes Received:
    Any luck guys?

3. HoytHunter831

HoytHunter831 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Missed one this morning the one i have been chasing all season. Really nice white fan ( which is somewhat rare around here) big beard. 35 yards and i just bearly missed his head, it probably went 1/2" or less in front of his face. Now thats what I call your life flashing before your eyes lol. This is my worse miss of my hunting career, I guess thats why it's called hunting not killing. I'm leaving in about 45 min to get some revenge on those big longbeards!

4. HoytHunter831

Dislikes Received:
    Shot another turkey this morning guys! My 6th turkey (4th with a bow.) Called him in from 600 yards away. He was strutting, drumming and gobbling for 3 minutes at just 20 yards before walking into the open for a 18 yard shot. 9 4/8" beard, 13/16" spurs and 19lbs 8oz. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Just submitted it! 54.75 points for team 9!!! 5.75 bigger then my other one.

Well thats my last bird of the contest.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  5. Buck master

Buck master Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good Job HoytHunter381!!! Was going to go out this morning, but forgot to pick up my license last night. All the stores were closed so I had to wait till 7:00 a.m. today to get it.

6. Just Passin thru

Dislikes Received:
    Nice bird! Congrats Hoythunter!

Had birds gobbling all over on Saturday but couldn't bring one in. 4 or 5 of them within 75 yards but I think they had hens with them. Sunday was pretty cold, only about 27 degrees and only heard a few gobbles on the roost in the morning then they went quiet. I have this Saturday and Sunday to get it done and then my season is over.

Who I'm after:

[​IMG]

7. brazel_dazel

brazel_dazel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is going to be the weekend! I can feel it! I am headed to south-central Nebraska around Grand Island for a day or two then on to my family property around Silver Creek, NE. I feel very conident of getting at least one tom bagged with the bow this weekend! wish me luck!

8. Just Passin thru

Dislikes Received:
    Last weekend for me to get it done, I need to make it count!

Good luck to all hunting this weekend.

9. Just Passin thru

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, my season is over. Didn't connect this year, the rainy weather these past two days really made for slow turkey hunting.

Good luck to the rest of you who still have season.

10. Buck master

Dislikes Received:
    I shot a tom Saturday, but made a bad shot on it. I don't know why, my arrow looked good, then dropped suddenly for some reason. Got it all on camera too.

11. HoytHunter831

Dislikes Received:
    Ever find him?

12. Buck master

Dislikes Received:
    No. It was raining all day, and we saw over 24 turkey. We called 3 jakes and him in. I shot him and went over a hill and didn't see him again. I think the rain did something to my bow. I haven't shot it yet to see if it was just me or the bow. He went 200 yards, and no blood to be found. We found fat, and feathers which means I didn't make a good shot.

13. Just Passin thru

Dislikes Received:
    Bummer about your bird. The rain is what killed us, no turkeys were moving this weekend where we were.

14. Buck master

Dislikes Received:
    I shot my bow, and it was shooting 4 inches to the right.:( Must of bumped it or something in the woods. I would've made a perfect shot on the tom if it was on. That's so dumb.:bow::whip::sad::bash::cry::throw::mad:

15. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I've been absent. Broke my wrist in a lacrosse game. Looks like my season is over before it really begun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. MN-IN.A.TREE

MN-IN.A.TREE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last final was today gents. I have to work Saturday morning but I will be out on Sunday and every morning next week if need be.

unfortunate for you guys Max and Buck. Same to you Just passin thru. Maybe next year man. I will keep you guys updated once I am in the turkey field. Good luck to anyone who still has a tag (and has an intact wrist) :whip: Heal up for fishing season Max

17. brazel_dazel

brazel_dazel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear that Max! I am gonna try and head out this weekend again. I still have till the 31st to fill my two tags. Good Luck, MN-In.A.Tree!

18. HoytHunter831

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I killed another tom on monday! It doesn't count for the contest but I'll show ya anyway. 11" beard---22lbs---1 1/8" and 7/8" spurs! My biggest turkey with a bow ever! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. Buck master

Dislikes Received:
    Dude, do u live on a turkey farm or something. It seems every week u shoot a turkey. Congrats on an awesome bird. My bro shot a tom last turkey with an 11" beard and one spur was 2 inches long!!! Surprised your bird didn't have that long of spurs for being that old. To bad you didn't shoot that one first.

20. HoytHunter831

Dislikes Received:
    Lol no. Turkeys have been really hard for me to get the past 8 years but now I'm starting to kill a few. Experience has really helped me this year and I've learned a lot! I hunted more last spring then I have this spring and I didn't kill any last year. There is a crazy story to go along with this turkey (thats why he is missing 5 tail feathers.)

My 1st archery turkey from 2012 had 1 1/2" spurs but thats the longest I've ever seen around here.