**** Team 9 Double Lung Liquidators *****

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by bowhunter448, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My name is Dean I am 48 married with one son who is 15. He really enjoys deer hunting. I will be hunting Wisconsin a and Illinois this year. I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

Dean

2. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice to meet you Dean. Good luck out there this year

3. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hello I'm Matt. I'm 29, no kids, this is my second year in the contest. Not real sure what to expect this year. Have 1 new place to hunt which happens to be my backyard and have pictures of a bruise but haven't seen him in a while. Nothing good in my normal hunting grounds this year except a lot of does.

I like the name Double Lung Liquidators. And looks like Tim is doing awesome so far.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

4. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome aboard Matt. I'll highlight you name on the computer. It's looking like double lung liquidators is leading. Must be nice to hunt ib your backyard. Hopefully you get something .

5. luke/r

luke/r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Double Lung Liquidators. I like it.

6. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just got in from observing a normally productive field. However, I got winded by a doe a little before sunset and didn't see anything else in the field.

It's good to see so many if you heartland residents on the team. Hopefully you bag some bucks that put us east coast boys to shame.

As for the name Lung Liquidators sounds good to me. I have "Team 9 Tine Time" ringing in my head but I'm not sure I like it.

7. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Our suggestions so far are Rack Attack, Bows And Bros, Double Lung Liquidators and Team 9 Tine Time.

8. beaubowhunter

beaubowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in. Like the names mentioned above. What about "Thwack Addicts"

9. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome aboard beau. Tell us a little about yourself and where you'll be hunting. Thwack Addicts is another good one. Only got a couple more guys to check in.

10. ArcheryAddict21

ArcheryAddict21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Team 9 what is up! sorry for the late check in I've been doing alot of shooting and scouting and havent checked the site recently even though it is my homepage haha! My names Jace and im hunting out of western PA. As of now it looks like ill be the young gun on this team being that ill only be turning 21 exactly a month from today. My main area i hunt and see the majority of my big bucks on is unfortunately being drilled for oil and all the pressure, lights, racket, etc seems to have pushed all the big boys away. Im only assuming this because i havent gotten any on camera yet. I have some other tricks up my sleeve though and two stands that are sure to produce a buck. I have a 4 year buck streak going and dont plan on it stopping soon! Im a student at the University of Pittsburgh so unfortunately ill only be able to hunt saturdays and oct 14 & 15 (fall break). This year will be my first season hunting with traditional equipment. Im shooting a 52 inch 60# bear kodiak magnum recurve and i just cant get enough of it! Im super pumped to get this season rolling (starts october 5th) and put some points up on the board. Last year i shot my first pope & young class deer and hope to get another big boy to help the team out! Lets win this thing!

11. luke/r

luke/r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  12. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    The top one is definitely a nice shooter. You'd be in good shape putting either of those three down

13. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome aboard Jace. I feel you on the Saturdays. I have only been able to get out the last two Saturdays, between work, church commitments, and spending time with the family.

What are you studying at UofP?

14. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like the way this is shaping up!

Luke - shoot the first one of those that walk by!!!

Tim for captain...Double Lung Liquidators has a nice ring to it.

Can everyone on this team get both a buck and doe? I know in the past we've had a few in the contest that were limited to one tag only...

15. Rampaige

Dislikes Received:
    Here's the buck I'm chasing this year. I haven't given him a real name but I call him the wide 8. I haven't pulled my camera yet to see if I've gotten any pictures of him this year but I know he made it through last season. There are also a few smaller bucks trotting around on this property, but again, I haven't seen any pictures yet from this year. He might be a rut-only buck because last year he didn't show up on camera until late October but I have several pictures of him between Halloween and January. I only hunted this property twice last year because I got it late and didn't have a chance to scout it too much. This year, though, it is going to be one of the main properties I hunt. I am one of few bow hunters on it, but come gun season there are 3-5 more hunters in the woods. The property also abuts a Gun Club so I gotta get on him ASAP before someone else bags him.

wide8jan.jpg wide8nov.jpg

16. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    I only have one tag for a buck. Nevada is kinda stingy as far as what they give out.

17. Rampaige

Dislikes Received:
    I can shoot two of each. Only one of each counts, though, right?

18. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    One each.

19. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They did change the rule this year in contest that after you enter your first buck, you can shoot a second buck for your 50 pt doe score...so you can submit 2 bucks. Don't see that happening too often as any state that allows two bucks usually allows multiple does also that I'm sure most would shoot.

In IL you buy a combo tag, one either sex and one antlerless only. You can buy as many tags as you want but can only shoot 2 bucks total for all weapons (archery, shotgun, muzzleloader, handgun).

Who can start the earliest? I'm anxious for some success photos and stories. Oct 1 for archery deer in IL.

20. Rampaige

Dislikes Received:
    I start Sept. 16th.