Team 9 - 2012 Champions team thread

Discussion in '2013 Turkey Hunting Contest' started by Dubbya, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Krohboy

Krohboy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice I made it out once and now we've had a blizzard since Monday. Who knows when ill make it out again

Sent from iPhone

2. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any updates? Who's hunting, who's waiting? May1st here!

3. Krohboy

Dislikes Received:
    Snow has pushed the birds to where I can't hunt em. I'm waiting for good weather.

Sent from iPhone

4. Krohboy

Dislikes Received:
    Put some birds to bed tonight and can't sleep as I'm so ready to get out. Check back in a few hours

Sent from iPhone

5. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    Well boys I hunted 2 days trying to get my sister a bird, lots of birds on posted land but getting permission is tough this year for some reason. Sunday a buddy called me up and said he was roosting a bird and asked me if I wanted to shoot it in the morning. He had already killed one and guided 6 others, he likes to film and just hunt in general. It wasn't really a situation where I could set up for a bow hunt so I brought the 12ga and after an hour coaxing him out of the tree I shot him in the face! 20.34lbs 9" beard 1 1/4" spurs would have been a good bow bird but I never could have shot this bird with a bow, on public land within sight of a highly traveled road, it was a one day hunt, go big or go home, still have a tag left if I can find some birds![​IMG]

6. Krohboy

Dislikes Received:
    I'm struggling in SD big time. Passed on a tiny jake on Wednesday. Mn is open now and next weekend ill be down there I think. Should have better luck.

Sent from iPhone

7. MN/Kyle

MN/Kyle Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    In the blind now. Just had 4 Jakes give me the slip. Didn't like the DSD Jake decoy. They are finally talking and showing up in MN. Crazy spring.

sent from droid razr maxx hd

8. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well boys... I am not sure I am going to get it done. It's been a very odd year. I don't know if they started breeding early this year or what. Birds gobbling very little on tree. Lucky to hear them gobble once when they hit the ground. They do not respond to calls. Not even any gobbling on the roost at dark. Yesterday I hunted a spot I have seen birds every time I've been out. Hunted from light until 2 PM. Didn't see a bird. At 2 PM I moved to a different spot some 40 miles from the first and hunted from 2 PM to dark. At 5 PM I saw a single gobbler walking the fence line at 300+ yards. I tried soft calls, medium call, and then loud calls and he never broke stride. Last week I hunted "The Money Spot", I always kill a bird there and came up blank. Just one bird seen at that.... Love being in the woods but don't know how much more I have in me.....

9. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    Heckler I hear ya man, same thing happened here last year, it was brutal. I haven't had much time and our birds are silent from gun pressure or dead by now being halfway through the month. I did kill a bird with a shotgun that my buddy set me up on but I really haven't had any time to put in with the bow or birds to put time into for that matter...

10. Krohboy

Dislikes Received:
    My worst season ever. I had such terrible luck in SD that I didn't even buy a MN tag this year. Might make it out once or twice yet but birds are quiet so who knows how ill do.

Sent from iPhone