Team 8

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by DriveTacks, Mar 23, 2011.

1. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Post up boys

Team 8:
    Isiman4/OH
    Nate/FL
    widgeon161
    DriveTacks
    BowhuntMN

2. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    .... guessing everyone is too busy in the woods to check in? haha

3. Nate/FL

Nate/FL Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm here!! I didn't know where they put this Forum hell I didn't even know we had a turkey hunting form haha!!

4. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Whats up everyone, Isaac Checking in here. Hoping for a good season this year.

5. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    Well the bad news is i have 25 more days till my season opens up, the good news is I have 25 more days to find more birds! I have multiple pieces of public and private land here in Northern Vermont with good birds located, and I just gained access to hunt a huge apple orchard In northern NY as well, the down side of that is that i have to fill some agricultural Management deer tags for the land owner... However it means I'm going to have 4 bird tags to fill this year :)

6. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    My dad's girl friend crushed one with her Trailblazer... no thats not a brand of bow! 65 mph in the Chevy this morning, shattered the windshield from one end to the other. First cop on the scene said he hit one in the same spot last week... guess I've got another place to scout out :)

7. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    Season opened up yesterday, Saw One good bird but couldnt get him to commit to the decoys, learned later that he couldnt see them as I thought he could. Thought maybe My jake full strut Deke was too aggressive. So I decided to set up on the other side of the field for this morning's hunt, at 10:00 i looked over my shoulder to see yesterday's Tom and another nice bird on a trot straight for my Jake strutter. The big bird does 3 full circles as Im getting my bow on him, taking my time I squezed her off just to watch the arrow fly like absolute trash. The arrow hit the bird low and forward. needless to say I was unable to recover the bird however he didnt act like he had been hit, arrow was free of blood but hard to tell because it was burried in mud up to the nock.
    so back to the arrow flying like crap, i didnt really think about the flight of the arrow until I was in the truck on the way home, at first I thought maybe the "shoot through" mesh on my blind had messed me up or I had hit my sleeve on the release. Long story short I decided to shoot for 20 minutes when I got home. something happened to my bow, I cant get it to group at all, thought it was my arrows, shot them through my dads bow and drove them like tacks. So now im on a mission to figure out whats going on with my bow... frustrating day!

8. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys, been so busy, haven't had time to get on the computer...Season starts Friday morning for me....Good luck to all

9. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    hey good luck cliff, i've been out 7 or so mornings now, our birds are very call shy making it really hard to get close with the bow, every night I set up differently for the morning determined by the movement of that day in hopes to be where they want to be, my birds seem to be on 2 day patterns which has been difficult with my college finals and work but I'm headed back out in the morning, we'll see how she goes, thank god I have a whole month to hunt!

10. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    First bird with a bow!
    Well boys I did it! 19lbs 7oz, double bearded 8 7/8, and 6 15/16. spurs were 1 3/16, and 1 1/4. Because of the double beard its looking like its going to be the new Vermont state record with a bow. I'm waiting to hear back from the state scorer I think he did the math wrong because he came up with 80.5 the way I remembered the measurements it was only 75.4, but I will find out for sure, and post that up along with pics.

yes I know this is pointless without pics! haha lets get going boys!

11. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys, the MN season is over tomorrow and again I come up empty handed. The weather and birds did not cooperate this year. Had a bird about 70 yards away that would not commit to the decoys 1 day. Never heard a gobble any on the other times...