Team 8 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by GABowhunter, Aug 30, 2010.

1. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys in about 12 hours I'll be heading south to my lease for the next couple of days. Conditions are going to be prime down there! It's the time of the year, the temps will finally be down, and my birthday is Saturday so hopefully it all comes together for me and I get one on the ground!

2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck down there. Does the Georgia rut coincide with the Northern rut? Curious if yours is just starting or if it's about the same as up here. Hoping to see some antlers out of the thick stuff this weekend

3. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    My lease is in the part of the state that sees rutting activity late October to early November. So I should be hitting it just right this weekend. The part of the state that I live however sees rutting activity around Thanksgiving.

4. flstnhd

flstnhd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck GA !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrat again Isaac. He's a fine buck.

I've been hunting my butt off and really don't have anything to show for it. I really haven't seen any big bucks. I have off until the 15th. Hopefully, I'll get it done. Good luck everyone!

6. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You guys may have seen it in the Bowhunting forum but I shot a decent 7 pointer last night. Long story short, I used the wrong pins and hit low. I tracked him all day today and lost blood and never did find him. I'm really not sure what his condition is or will be but I gave it my best shot. I still have a week off so I'm hoping to redeem myself. Good luck everyone!

7. flstnhd

flstnhd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks. My first shot this year I used the wrong pin and shot a foot over a does back. I thought for sure you were going to find him when I read you found blood and were tracking this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
  9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I had a not so good shot myself yesterday but it ended up working out. I just haven't been seeing any bucks since Halloween weekend, took today off to give myself a break, back at it tomorrow.

Good luck guys.

10. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes sir...I thought so too. Maybe something bigger will show up and I can get the drop on him. :)

11. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to you guys who are putting them down. I have been hunting a lot and have come so close but I am always in the wrong stand at the right time. This morning I captures pics of a nice nontypical visiting a scrape in front of my blind one hour to the minute before i got there. This evening I had him just under 50 yards and didn't feel comfortable taking the shot...the bad part is he passed by my other stand at less than 15 yards...i had planned on sitting in that stand and talked myself out of it.

12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, my vacation didn't go quite as planned. I'm not giving up by any means, rut is just starting to get really good, but I go back to work and will not be picking the bow up for hunting until Thanksgiving at the earliest. Add in shotgun season is this next weekend and it only gets tougher. I seen some deer, especially the one today(video below), but things just didn't pan out the way I had hoped.

I have seen some good bucks late season, and I'm still going to give it my all. I'm not going to stray from my goals, and that's to lay down my best buck and a mature doe. I got the doe, hopefully the rut is still swinging come Thanksgiving. I'll be out shotgunning this weekend, then back with the bow. Maybe I can knock off mature and late season buck from my checklist at the same time.

Good luck to everyone else still out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy6DM13e7ds

13. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    gun season is here for this week and of course i shot an 11 ptr opening morning. good enuf to mount. nothing yet for bow.
    spent 5 days up north bowhunting: 1st day- fork 20 yds, never knew I was there, good have smoked him. 2nd day- wolf in at 40 yds (definitely no deer around that day) 3rd day- doe in at 60 yds hears me stand up in my climber, gone like the wind! 4th day- 2 does come in at 40 yrds, damn snap on coat catches climber, makes a loud crack, does go back into the woods, 5th day- nothin in the morning. No bucks even seen.
    still have late season til jan 7th, so there's still hope.

14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the gun kill. Sounds like we had similar gun seasons. I got an 11 point on 2nd day(Saturday). Just doing a euro with him, pics in the water cooler gun thread. Good luck with the bow.

Got some good cold days comic up, but of course with every strong front there's always a chance for precip and strong winds are always a given. I'm going to try to get out Turkey day but wind and rain may keep me at bay. I'll definitely get out a few times this weekend as next weekend is shut down with 2nd firearm season. Hopefully rut is still going when I get out again.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  15. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the kills everyone! I'm a little late adding this here (kinda forgot) but here's the link to my buck I took the other day. Most have seen it I'm sure.

http://forums.bowhunting.com/showthread.php?t=17548

I'm still gonna be hunting hard. I'd like to take another buck. :) Also, I am going to try calling in a bear while using the rifle. I've been researching it and I think I can do it. Wish me luck!

16. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats guys, archery season ended the 13th and I missed a 3.5 year old beast of a 5 point that my girlfriend missed 5 minutes earlier about 100 yards from me....that was the luckiest buck ever. I am taking the rifle out Monday and hoping for the best.

17. flstnhd

flstnhd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Late congrats Donnie ! Just got back from a cruise over the holiday and ready to try to fill the two doe tags I have left.

18. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Rob! Good luck on the does.

I'm still giving it my all trying to tag a second buck. Its been a little slow going and I've been a little lazy.

19. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    headin out Wed night last 1/2 hr of the day. hopefully something will come by. this weekend is a 4 day gun doe only hunt, so my bowhunting is getting really slim. at least I'll be done with school next 2 weeks, then I'll hit it hard. gotta stick something this yr. good luck to anyone else still goin out.

20. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas Team Eight!