Team 8 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by GABowhunter, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sweeeeet...congrats on the buck...he's a dandy! I'm set up in my.ground blind overlooking a scrape that's getting hammered every evening...trying to film myself so with a little luck I might have a video to share later.

2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck, hope one cooperates for you.

3. flstnhd

flstnhd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. He ended up scoring 110 3/8.

4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good deal, congrats again. Are you done for the year now? Not sure what KY allows for tags.

I may try to get out this weekend, depends on exactly how much rain we're looking at. But come Halloween I will be starting full day sits. I'll start out picky, but if something gives me that urge I'll fling an arrow. It's almost like waiting for opening day all over again.

5. flstnhd

flstnhd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Only allowed one buck in KY but unlimited does in my zone. I'll be back out hunting for meat the rest of the season. I passed a couple of small bucks last year....didn't want to shoot a buck just because it was a buck. I'm so glad I did. This actually may be one I passed last year.

6. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Rob! Thats a nice buck!

7. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, I'm working nights this weekend and I get off on monday morning and will have 3 weeks off. Wish me luck! Good luck to everyone else as well!

8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck, hope you get the one you're after.

I couldn't imagine having 3 weeks straight in the woods, not that I wouldn't do it in a heartbeat, but I have a hard enough time trying to figure out what to do with 1 week. I guess if the right one walks by the decision is made rather easily.

I'll be out a minimum of Sunday's starting Halloween, and then I start my vacation Nov. 7th through the 14th(may start the 5th) which if things go right should be in optimum conditions. I am excited about this year, it seems as if everything is falling in place. The rest is up to me.

9. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey congrats on the buck! and on the doe a few pages earlier in the posts. Alot of firsts here. Well I've been out 6 times and wed nite was the first encounter with a deer; its taill waving good by to me as I settled into my stand. Talk about irony, it was headed out the same way I came in. Hopefully, I did'nt educate it. Good luck to rest of the team still out there. I'm going to try to head out again this week bout Tues eve or Wed morning.

10. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to you as well. And yes, I'd say that period of time you're taking is prime.

11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I'm about 90% sure I'll have the opportunity at about 30+ hours on stand this weekend. Supposed to be about 30 Friday morning and edging slightly warmer through the weekend. Should be a great weekend to get back out there. I'm hoping all of this wind we've had this past week will have the woods opened up.

I'm getting excited for the next few weeks, once I get through tomorrow I should be in the stand a minimum 11 out of the next 17 days, hopefully 13.

Good luck to everyone in the coming weeks

12. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to you as well. I'm heading out both Fri and Sat for all day sits. Then taking off next Friday and going back to my lease.

13. flstnhd

flstnhd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys ! I've had next week scheduled off prior to shooting my buck last week so I'll be out a few times to do some doe management.

14. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lookn foward to my 5 day trip up north starting Wed the 3rd. I'm still hittn it hard down here, but nothing happening.

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well, it didn't happen this weekend but it's hopefully close. This is going to be the longest week at work, knowing the bucks are starting to make appearances more frequently.

Seen 15 Friday morning, 10 does, 5 bucks with 2 being potential shooters. Saturday the wind got ridiculous and decided to sit it out. Then today I thought would be a good day, but only seen 6 on stand and spooked 2 on the way out.

I'm loving this new stand set-up though, I'm right there on top of the deer, passed on 6 does Friday that were within 12 yds. Bucks just wouldn't cooperate. Back at it next weekend for the start of vacation.

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the buck ISiman04, 2 members tagged out for the contest. I hope to get there before the 14th.

17. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys my season is coming to a end and its been a memorable one. With taking my 2nd, 3rd, and fourth deer ever with my bow and the last one being my first buck with a bow this definitely goes down as my best season to date. My buck Scored out at 112 1/8" making it my best buck overall. Heres some pics of my wonderful season.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    :tu: Congrats on a fine season Isaac!

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    4:30pm tomorrow afternoon I start my vacation. I'll have 10 straight days in the woods to make it happen, just hope the deer are cooperating. Sun up to sun down, if I don't succeed it will not be from lack of effort. Good luck to everyone else going out, going to be a fun November.

Congratulations again Isaac, stellar year no doubt. Hopefully if your state allows the tags you can get out a few more times before the end if you get some extra freetime.

20. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yea i have one more doe tag to last me the next four months, im hoping to get it out of the way before it gets too cold out. Plus i have a turkey tag to fill in the next month.