Team 8 - Make America 8 Again

Discussion in '2019 Deer Contest' started by OK/Sooner, Aug 26, 2019.

1. bloodrunner13

bloodrunner13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    that’s a tough one travis, all a learning experience in the end. When i first started filming i had a little epic camera for POV shots. battery died at full draw on a doe. Also didn’t know at the time when the battery died it made a loud beeping noise 3 times in a row ‍♀️ definitely get to know your equipment.

2. Kyle Rayburn

Kyle Rayburn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have literally set my stand up in my one little maple tree and filmed me shooting out of it at my target putting it at different shot angles around the tree lol I want it to be squared away but I doubt anything will have me completely prepared. To film my strong side shot i literally have to stand up and out the arm between me in the tree. A lot of movement so already realized I'm gonna have to set up to where the deer aren't over there. At least I expect them to not be there. I really wanna lower my standards this year but so far every buck ive shot has been bigger than the last and I see myself passing on so many bucks...i think with the camera if I can get it on film I'll be more excited and want to make the shot. Plus if I get my buck I can always film family and friends which im also excited about doing. First things first is putting meat in the freezer. Hoping to get a couple doe before November. But different from years past I won't be worried about shooting a buck early and missing out on the action haha. Appreciate the info by the way bud. You'll all get to see this fiasco unfold hahaha

Sent from my LML212VL using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

bloodrunner13 likes this.
  3. SheddingLightTravis

SheddingLightTravis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure on free softwares to use...but I know Adobe Premiere which is top of the line offers a monthly deal. You could just pay for one month and use that to edit with. That's what we edit with and it turns out pretty good. Below is a link to my buddys Trad Journey vid. Might give you a direction. If you want a story like feel like that...you need a ton of BRoll. Film squirrels, birds, sunsets, your set up, walking in, walking out...it makes for a way more enjoyable video to watch than...interview, deer comes in, deer gets shot, interview behind deer, credits. It's taken us a few years to get better at that. My buddy Trav (yes same name) did excellent last year at it:

4. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Excellent video! I wish I could make myself commit to my longbow like your friend did.

5. Kyle Rayburn

Dislikes Received:
    Defintely gonna check that out! And already stacked up some BRoll lol I was planning on paying for something since the free ones sucked lol everyone says go with Adobe so I probably will. If I get any good footage you guys will be the first to know when its ready. It's just gonna be awesome to share the journey on here with the team and be able to show it how it went down. It's killing me not to go get my camera I hung on a giant on public lol I'm leaving it in there until i go into hunt early October. It'll be hard for me to ever top this buck if all the stars align..i tried to get him on film when he bumped up at about 100 yards but it was kinda thick and just couldn't get him in frame. When he stopped I couldn't find him. Hope we all get a better look at him! If not I'll be happy with the freaky base one I have on the private farm in pics I posted above.

6. bloodrunner13

Dislikes Received:

Here’s my self filmed spike from last year. i had broke my foot 3 days before opening day last year and was in bed for most of it. towards the end of the season my father was determined to help me get a deer. so he set me up a blind and drove me out in the woods on the UTV every chance he could. finally with about a week left in season i had my first deer come in and I took it. it’s not my biggest buck ever but probably one of my most proudest deer i’ve ever got. this was my first year ever deer hunting from a blind and my first time filming from a blind.

Attached Files:

Kyle Rayburn likes this.
  7. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    Not a thing wrong with that deer. How did you break your foot? Looked painful.

8. bloodrunner13

Dislikes Received:
    Never try and wrestle your friends who are bigger than you who are also intoxicated..

I euro mounted him and have him hanging in my office at work, great reminder than anything can happen. Never thought i was going to see anything driving in and outta my spot on a loud UTV and hobbling on crutches into a blind making all sorts of racket.

OK/Sooner likes this.
  9. Kyle Rayburn

Dislikes Received:
    See this is what im talking about! Bringing the story and hunt infront of our eyes makes it so rewarding I'm sure! Congrats on your harvest man! The reaction time on that guy was crazy lol he seemed so calm and still dropped like a rock.

10. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    Any of you guys have any kids that hunt? I have a 9 year old that has been practicing with his bow every day. He's chomping at the bit to get in a tree. I bought him a mission Craze 2 a few years ago. He's finally up to 30 lbs (legal in OK). So hopefully he can stick one this year. Last year he killed his first two with a rifle. This year he is ate up with the bow.

11. Kyle Rayburn

Dislikes Received:
    I wish! I have three little ones. 4, 2, and 1 lol i cant wait for those days man. I remember getting my first deer with a bow at 10. I still remember my hunts with my dad at nine my first year. He'll cherish it forever. Keep us posted on his season as well!

12. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I will for sure! I also killed my first deer with a bow at 10. It was with a recurve that I still have to this day. My son killed a big 8 point during our youth rifle last year. It's hanging on our wall now. I still can't wipe the grin off of his face. I'll be hanging several double sits this year just so we can try and get his first bow kill.

Kyle Rayburn likes this.
  13. Kyle Rayburn

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing like it man. Every year im literally putting posts on Facebook trying to find a youth to get into hunting (nephews, cousins, and nieces) hard to get them outside anymore. My little girl is like her momma and a girly girl but I'm still hopeful. My boys are wild lol I'm sure they will be all about it but I won't push it on them. I begged my dad and he made me wait til 9 lol I'm glad he did though because I'm ate up with it now haha I just got my little girl shooting a little in the backyard this year. She'll ask me to shoot and we go out and fling about 5 arrows and say okay im done for the day lol then we pack it all up. I still love it though!

14. Kyle Rayburn

Dislikes Received:
    Also have pics?

15. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    This is his buck from last year. Also his doe he got.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackbear likes this.
  16. Kyle Rayburn

Dislikes Received:
    That is great! He looks so pumped lol and he absolutely smoked the thing. Congrats to your little one!

17. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah he's a little deadeye lol. He's pretty salty with his bow this year. I'm more excited for that than I am my hunts. He's been going with me since he was 4. He's been in a stand with me on probably 8-10 bow kills. He's ate up with it.

Kyle Rayburn likes this.
  18. blackbear

blackbear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It’s holding up well, I like the automatic to my phone effect, just make sure you don’t have branches blowing in the wind.
    Could improve resolution but it gets me what I need to see.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

19. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    That's all I want one for. I have an area I don't like driving to all the time. I think it would be nice for that.

20. blackbear

blackbear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So a little background, I will be hunting in Ky near lake Somerset,
    Mathews, obsession bows, going to scout all Labor Day weekend, should be a great season.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

Kyle Rayburn likes this.