Team 7 Thread - Bucknificent Seven

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by No.6Hunter, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Hunter Bob

Hunter Bob Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone here in the southeast?

2. Bobcat031

Bobcat031 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. Dashua18

Dashua18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm good with Bucknificent 7. I would try to make a picture for that but i'm not very good at photoshop.

4. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I can attempt to make the avatar when we all decide on a name, I generally just use paint but they turn out decent.

Here are some from past years, always fun thinking of the team name and avatar!

2015 Bow Team Avatar 2 - Copy.jpg Team Tall Tines 2.jpg

5. sgcableguy

sgcableguy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Does southeast Missouri count? Just joking!

6. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not picky on a name, so put me as a +1 for the most popular name. I'm just here to hunt and meet some good guys! What's everyone running for equipment this year as far as bows, arrows, and broadheads?

I'm shooting a 16 Hoyt defiant with beman whiteouts, and both Ramcat originals and G5 deadmeats. Did I mention October 1 cannot come fast enough!?!

7. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ill be shooting my Mathews Z7 again this year with the GoldTip XT Hunter arrows. Will more than likely stick with the Rage 2-blade but would really like to try some DNG double Bevels.

I'm thinking I will make it out for bow opener but won't put too much time in until the last week of Oct. I've got my last two deer after 1 pm in the beginning of November.

8. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My work schedule has been crazy this year. I've pretty much been gone for the last 3 months between Reno and San Francisco installing jobs at Tesla motors, and I have no idea what this fall looks like beside my week of vacation that I have off from Nov. 3-12. So I will be at it pretty religiously, leaving my two best properties alone until my vacation time unless I have a daylight active buck or two

9. Dashua18

Dashua18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've got a PSE Drive LT. Just got up to 70lbs and shooting 415gr total weight Gold Tip Primos 400 arrows with NAP killzones. Thinkin about switching to the doublecross this year but not sure. I found an awesome deal on amazon to get a dz of the gold tip primos 400 for $60. They are blemished but thats just cosmetics. I'll drop the link here.

https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Tip-Pri...id=1502817196&sr=8-1&keywords=gold+tip+primos

10. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm shooting an Elite Synergy that I bought last year. It hasn't tasted blood yet.

I shoot Beman Bowhunter or White Box arrows.

For a broadhead I'm thinking of trying out a mechanical. I have it narrowed down to either the Swhacker 2 inch or Wasp Jak-hammer

Sent from my VS500 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

11. sgcableguy

Dislikes Received:
    I am shooting my old trusty PSE Drive I bought new in 2013. I had new strings installed this year. I shoot Easton Bloodlines with Slick Trick Mags.
    I have never shot mechanicals. With my luck, I would finally get the chance for that buck of a lifetime, and the sure thing mechanical would fail on me! Ha ha ha,but that is my luck!

12. Bobcat031

Dislikes Received:
    Hello, everyone!
    I'm Rob, I live in Michigan and I do most of my hunting in Ionia County. I'm 58yr old and have been bowhunting since I was 15. Started out with the Bear recurve and several compounds thru the years. Now due to shoulder issues I'm using a Barnett BCX crossbow. With 20" bolts tipped with the 2 blade RAGE.
    We have about 30 acres we hunt and also have permission to hunt some new farm land. We have 5 trailcams out right now. And it looks promising..2 really nice 8pts and a good 10pt... And they are still growing. Plus many under 6pt. I will be try for a for or 2 for the freezer.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

13. Bobcat031

Dislikes Received:
    I've used the Rage 2 blade and love them. The blood trail is unbelievable!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

14. Dashua18

Dashua18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Glad to see someone else using a Drive series bow. I got mine used on Ebay last year for $215 and it came with a QAD LD rest. I put about another 200 into it in a sight, quiver, and stabilizer and it shoots like a dream. The strings were in excellent condition so i didn't change them. I'll probably do that before next season. I'm going to be a PSE guy until i get the opportunity to get myself a mathews. Almost got a Mathews Monster this year but the price just wasn't there for me.

15. Hunter Bob

Hunter Bob Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm shooting a Martin Saber with some new deadringer broadheads that I was gifted this year. Got my first buck with a bow last year and hoping for one that is much larger this year that I have on trailcams. I should easily get my doe in as well.

16. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Never never never say anything "should be easy" when talking about anything bowhunting. Those words will bite you in the arse. Hahaha I have scars to prove it.

Sent from my VS500 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Bobcat031 and sgcableguy like this.
  17. sgcableguy

Dislikes Received:
    I understand! I really like my Drive. I think 2013 was the first year model of the Drive. It is smooth as far as a mid-price bow goes. I mat look into an Elite for my next, but I have 3 people in college as of now! I will be shooting the drive for a bit longer, unless I win the lottery or soemthing. That may be challenging considering I don't play the lottery!!!

18. Dashua18

Dashua18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

What made me initially go with PSE was the awesome Skullworks finish. No other finish like it out there, but after shooting a PSE, along with bowtech, diamond, bear, and mission, PSE was an easy choice for me. It just felt like it belonged in my hands. Now since, i've shot a mathews and i have to say, very impressed.

19. joshcalhoun18

joshcalhoun18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  20. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    IMAG0289.JPG IMAG0343.JPG IMAG0284.JPG IMAG0314.JPG IMAG0374.JPG

First two pics, if uploaded right, as of right now is probably number one unless one of the bucks saw couple times last year shows up. Second one would have been decent buck if both sided matched. Still a lot of mass on the one side looks like though. I'll see if I can hunt up some pics from last year and post them.

Guess since haven't yet I'll introduce myself. Name is Jeremy and I hunt about 450 acres in Adams county IL near Pike county. Shoot a Mathews ZXT, with CE maxima hunter tipped with rage two blade. Mostly tree stand hunt but have few blinds as well. Looking forward to the year even although really haven't done much prep being busy with work and other things. Should slow down soon so it'll be a sprint until season opens but should be fine. Only have couple stands to put up and plant little food once corn gets chopped for silage.

Tags: