Team 7 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Gr8atta2d, Aug 31, 2010.

1. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice! Way to go Chris! Congrats on the buck :tu:

2. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know what it is, but ever since I shot my buck I have been seeing bucks almost every time I go out. The buck I shot was the first big buck (over 100" lol) I had seen. Now, I have seen a 120", 135ish", 145ish", and yesterday saw one that is at least 160". Its like the floodgates opened after I tagged out on bucks :throw:

3. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cole, I wish I could come take care of those bucks for ya! :tu: Ever since the slugs started flying (last Monday), I can't find a deer to save my life!! Even the fawns have gone "under-ground". It's getting bad around these OH woods :cry:

4. NCRemington700

NCRemington700 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    South Carolina... Fulton Co, IL in November
    GPS coordinates please?

You and me both. I can't get a deer to cooperate for the life of me. The main problem around here is that firearm season runs from September 15th until the end of the season (Jan 1). So these deer have been spooked, bumped, and shot at for 3 months. It doesn't take much to make them extremely nocturnal and thats what I'm dealing with right now.

With that being said, I'm heading out to the woods this afternoon to try it again.

5. PatMcc30

PatMcc30 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

I'm sure i failed misserably at uploading the pic again......but i didnt fail at playing the comeback song for team 7. Shot him yesterday evening. Pics and measurment to come later this evening....i'm busy getting ready for these guys from new england at the moment.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  6. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sure enough, no pic lol. Did you upload to photobucket, then copy the direct link code photobucket gives you? then you click on the little mountain above the space to type in, and paste the code into there.

Congrats on the buck! Can't wait to see pics

7. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way To Go Pat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cant wait to see the pics :)
    You are bringing home the bacon for our Team... AWESOME

I managed to get another doe day before yesterday
    I got up late this morning but still got all my stuff together and headed to the woods to do some bowhunting and made it into the woods by 7:30am. With the sun haven already risen I figured I would just find a spot to sit on the ground and not make a bunch of noise in the woods trying to put up my climber
    ( seems like when it is single didget temps like it was this morning I make alot of noise putting up my climber)
    Christine headed to one end of the property so she recomended I try a different spot , so I found a muliflora rose thicket amonst some tree branches, vines a tree and good log to sit on.
    After I had pretty much frozen my back side sitting on that frozen log I decided to stand for a little while, I look and here comes 8 does with fawns and they are 30 yards, so a big doe and her fawn split off from the group and head my way and I cant believe my eyes it is the fawn we have nicknamed Spot.
    As I am crouched in the thicket the doe gets to now 6 yards from me and I have no shot ... GRRRRRR...the thicket I am in is just to thick to shot through where she is at. Then the doe starts to move away from me slightly.
    Spot gets 15 yards in front of me and beds down facing me, and his mon gets about 23 yards from me facing away from me and then she beds down facing away from me,I am very cautious because the the other 5 deer are still 40 or so yards behind me milling around in the thickets and I am almost positive one of them is gonna spot me and blow, so I needed to take 3 steps out of the thicket to get the shot at the bedded doe but Spot has me pegged so I figured what the heck, so I take one step over the log and Spot dosent spook so I take another step and Spot is watching me and still dosent spook so I take the final step and Spot still dosent spook so with the doe facing away I drew the bow and gapped the pins for a 23 yard shot , place the pins on her vitals and shoot. She explodes out of her bed and I can see the arrow still in her but I see that I have roughly 6 to 8 inches of arrow in her... I hear a crash and then decide to just sit for a little while before going to trail her to let the woods settle down a little bit... pluse I needed to settle down a bit.
    Ill be the first to admit this hunt was so awesome I had a serious case of doe fever.. I was shaking like a dog passing a peach pit... I havnt gotten that shookup by a deer in a while.

Bingo... money shot, I got me another doe , she didnt even go 50 yards till she dropped... YEEEPEEEE ;)

Attached Files:

8. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well since I can only think of so many ways to congratulate someone differently, I will just have to give a plain ole congrats to you :tu: You have shot more does than I have had shot opportunities this year lol

9. PatMcc30

PatMcc30 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SCORE: 134 4/8 (Boone & Crocket.org)

Points Right:5"
    Points Left 4"
    Tip to tip spread: 13"
    Greatest Spread: 20"
    Inside Spread: 18"

Right Length: 25.25", G1: 1", G2: 8.25", G3: 8.25", G4: 2.5"
    Right H1: 4.5",H2: 4, H3: 4, H4: 3.5"

Left Length: 24.75", G1: 2.5", G2: 10", G3: 9"
    Left H1: 4.5", H2: 4.25", H3: 4", H4: 3.5"

10. PatMcc30

PatMcc30 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok got photobucket up and running, please let me know that it worked this time!!! Long season of passing on little bucks and only seeing 2 real shooters before him that never gave me a shot.....didnt even have any doe until the one i killed a few weeks ago. Anyway a little persistance and patients and it all came togather. I wasnt in my stand 5 minutes when i got to the top of the ladder stand and saw him walking the field right to me. He walked the tree line i was in (the tree line runs with a grass field at my back and corn infront). He came on the grass side and saw me when he was about 15 yards. Instead of turning and going away he couldnt figure out what was wrong and decided to leave the tree line and go around me to the middle of the grass field which was his mistake. Him leaving the tree line gave me a 25-30 yrd. wide open shot and down he went. Hit him high and spined him unfortunately, but a second arrow went and double lunged him immediately after and he was done in seconds. Had he walked the tree line without seeing me he would have walked past me at 5 yards and i wouldnt have had a shot with the scrub trees that give my stand some cover....so a little bit of luck on my side but hey i'll take it. That about concludes the 2010 season for me. He'll be on the wall for a while tho!

11. PatMcc30

PatMcc30 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Since i think i got photobucket figurd out here he is back when he used to walk around the farm....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Pat! We are within striking distance :rock: One more buck or 2 more does and we will take over this contest.

13. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    you guys are so cute .... :ninja:

14. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just be glad we can only enter 1 doe and 1 buck each, or Lady Forge would beat you guys single handedly :tu:

Keep an eye on that rear-view :ninja:

15. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Smdarcher's butt is plastered in it .... so it's kinda blocked, but he wanted to send you all a message ... to kiss his.....something or other :hater: :tu:

16. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Its about time we got serious I reckon, seasons are coming close to ending, It's been fun playing along with you guys, but we are now down-shifting to pass on turn 4 :tu:

17. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck Pat, we better get killin.

18. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe we can convince Justin to let the top 2 teams stay together .. there are so many guys on your team that I like and you are right ... it has been fun battling in this iron cage match we have had :)

19. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't be against that, I think Team 7 is awesome. I'm sure we can convince Justin to keep Team 6 together too ;)

20. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pat;
    Great looking buck !!!!!!! way to stick with it.

River Hopper I am sorry!
    I just noticed I never told you
    CONGRADULATIONS ON YOUR BUCK :)