Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Team 7 - Lucky 7's

Discussion in '2023 Deer Contest' started by OHbowhunter, Aug 28, 2023.

1. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Team 7!

I can mark members as we get checked in here.

Team 7
    Justin-CHECKED IN
    Jensen1CHECKED IN
    heartstopper-CHECKED IN
    OHbowhunter -CHECKED IN
    Hotrod9-CHECKED IN
    Russ morton-CHECKED IN
    fshafly2-CHECKED IN
    Kyle Rayburn-CHECKED IN
    Firek920-CHECKED IN

ALL CHECKED IN!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
    Russ morton likes this.
  2. Kyle Rayburn

Kyle Rayburn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checked in! Let’s do this! I’ll add a little about myself…live and hunt in south eastern Ohio. Have been a member for quite a number of years and ready to win one of these things haha. I hunt all public land after losing the last 50 acres that I’ve hunted my whole life this year. The good news is I always do pretty well on the public I hunt. Season starts September 30th and I’ll be on a mission to shoot a doe pretty quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Last edited: Aug 28, 2023
    Hotrod9, Justin and OHbowhunter like this.
  3. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome fellow Ohioan! I'm in NE Ohio and ever since the place I hunted here in Ohio sold I haven't hunted the state much. I have tried a few public lands but I mostly travel to Missouri to hunt. Last year I purchased 14 acres there that adjoin my parents 141 acres.

Hotrod9 and Kyle Rayburn like this.
  4. fshafly2

fshafly2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in guys. I'm in So MD, and hunt my farm along with three other nearby farms. I also hunt the restricted-access Navy Base, 3000A under trophy deer management. I'm looking forward to the season starting on Sept 8. Good luck all!

Hotrod9, Kyle Rayburn and OHbowhunter like this.
  5. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got you checked in. Sounds like you have some good areas.. Best of luck!

6. Kyle Rayburn

Kyle Rayburn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You definitely should head down my way sometime and hunt some public land. Lots of good deer to be had down here. I’m in vinton county.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Good morning, team! I'm reporting in for duty and hoping I can contribute a little more than I did last year. :lol:

I'm headed down to KY for a public land hunt starting this Sunday through next Friday. Hoping I can whack a doe, if nothing else! We'll call it a bonus if I get lucky enough to get on something with antlers.

Otherwise, it's back to IL after that for the rest of this fall. I have identified 6 different bucks that are worth getting an arrow launched in their general direction and I'm sure there are a few more out there. Between my kids sports schedule and my "real" job, hunting time may not be as plentiful as it has been in the past, but I'm certainly going to make the most of it.

Good luck out there!

Kyle Rayburn likes this.
  8. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’ll have to look into that! I use to hunt the AEP land and that’s a 2 hour drive each way. Any more than that and I’ll have to make it a weekend thing. The AEP (Ohio Power) land was great but it’s more advertised now that the state purchased it. Also the last time I was there the Amish were plentiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome aboard boss.

I’m going to be taking off work and hunting Nov 7-14 in MO. My best day out there historically is November 6th but the way that fell on the calendar this year it wasn’t going to be possible to hunt that day.

This weekend I’m heading out there to seed a few plots and do some final prep before the season.

10. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in, central MN here. I hunt on the family 450ish acres, mostly hardwoods. I also have some public near my in-laws that I venture out in.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys this season. I do sales for a machine shop, we make medical and firearm parts along with contract manufacturing and do jobshop work. I am big into dirt track sprint cars, married with a 2 year old and 5 year old.

11. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome aboard! Machinist here. We’re a job shop which I prefer. I’m not a fan of repetitive work so seeing the different jobs daily is great.

Hotrod9 likes this.
  12. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Oh yeah, we're supposed to introduce ourselves! I suppose that's a good thing.

When I'm not playing around on this Forum, recording podcasts, or filming for Bowhunt or Die, I run an IT consulting & web development company. So I basically sit at a computer all day and push a mouse around. I'm married 15 years this year with 3 kids - 7, 9, and 11. My two boys play baseball, basketball, and football, and my daughter does cheer, tumbling, and basketball. So you could say I'm pretty busy (and mostly broke).

On the rare occasion that I don't have something going on, I try to fish as much as I can. This summer, I got rid of my old 16-foot Tracker and picked up Lund 1775 Impact XS. I try to justify the ridiculous amount of money I spent by using it as much as possible. Often times at the sacrifice of getting my pre-season deer hunting work done.

Kyle Rayburn and OHbowhunter like this.
  13. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Since you guys all have bucks in your picture I figured I better switch from racing season to hunting season for my picture. I chased this guy all around with my bow in 2021 but ended up catching him at dusk on the gun opener.

Attached Files:

14. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck!

I’ll do a better introduction (and do the bold text on the check ins) when I get home as it’s easier on the computer but I’m Joe, live in Ohio, hunt MO, Aquarius, married 1.5 weeks, 2 kiddos and 2 dogs.

Hotrod9 likes this.
  15. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome! What type of machines do you work on? We launched an automation product at IMTS 2022 last year for automating coolant mixing and delivery to machines in the shop, geared toward machine shops that run unattended work.

Our shop here has 25 people, our turning side we try to run lights out unattended 7 days a week with 1 shift. Our milling side is mostly manned and we run put and take work. We have injection molding that can run unattended but most of the work is for our own product line so we are always looking for customers with tools to run parts. And we have a 30 year industry veteran tool room guy that can make pretty much anything with wire and sink EDM's surface grinders and manual lathes and mills. He does a ton of medical prototype work for a fortune 100 company.

PM me any time if you want to know more about the shop.

16. Russ morton

Russ morton Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Howdy y’all. Checking in from down da bayou.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
    Kyle Rayburn and OHbowhunter like this.
  17. Russ morton

Dislikes Received:
    We got Justin! Oh we gonna win dis baby

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
    OHbowhunter likes this.
  18. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome aboard! Got you checked in!

Russ morton likes this.
  19. Russ morton

Dislikes Received:
    A little about me.
    I work in the shipbuilding industry currently work for Oregon State University. We are building three marine research ships for the National Science Foundation. I live in southeast Louisiana. Work 2 hrs from my farm.
    I hunt Kansas. Mississippi and Louisiana. Headed to Kansas 03-11 Nov this year. I have 3 family farms I hunt up there.
    I try to check in a good bit but we are starting to install wiring and system will come online soon. So as the lead inspector I may not always be here. If you don’t hear from me often. Sorry… I am still here, no worries.

Justin and Hotrod9 like this.
  20. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a pretty nice place! I mostly run the CNC equipment but sometimes do manual. We have 2 CNC mills, an Enshu VMC and just got a Hurco mill.. 2 southwest industries lathes, multiple manual lathes and knee mills, 2 vtls and a Horizontal boring mill. Only 7 employees.

Russ morton and Hotrod9 like this.