Team 7 (Insert Name Here)

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by drenman, Mar 21, 2011.

1. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice bird! Congrats.

2. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well boys its not looking good for me, no luck Saturday morning. My dad had been seeing this same group of turkeys almost everyday that would roost on the property next door then pitch down into some of his bottom ground. Saturday morning I set up before light in a downed tree and waited, the birds pitched down about 200 yards up the fence line from me and slowly worked my way. I couldn't see them very well until they got within around 50 yards. First 3 hens walked in and right past my setup, then 2 jakes, I thought the tom's were probably hanging back strutting and sunning. I waited patiently as the Jakes foraged around 30 yards out for several minutes then they moved on. After a few more minutes I had to peak and see if there were any toms in the field, nothing, not a bird left in the field. Unfortunately I didn't have time to do any spot and stock, it was supposed to be an in and out "surgical strike". I think that is probably the last time I'll be able to get out this spring, sorry I wasn't able to contribute.