Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Team 7 Check In

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by airenlow, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Going out tomorrow morning to shed hunt with a buddy on his farm. Nobody on the farm sheds so it should be good day, unless the trespassers beat us to them. Cant wait to try a new place, I haven't had much luck on my areas.

2. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Josh It always feel good to get the first one of the season. Now the pressure is off you can load up on them.

3. antler insanity

antler insanity Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Went back to my honey hole and pulled 3 more out today. 2 of them i missed the other day. Im sure theres a few more under the snow in this same spot. 1 more day of shedding then looks like were going to b covered with snow again 0301141241.jpg 0301141115.jpg 0301141111.jpg

4. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just got back from my buddys farm and after 4 hours of looking I found 3 today. 2 are fresh and 1 old one that got hit with the disc last year. Only got to look on a very small part of the farm so I hope to go back soon with him and hit the other parts. Here are the pics from today.
    DSCF3043.jpg DSCF3044.jpg Here are all 3 DSCF3045.jpg

5. antler insanity

antler insanity Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Nice finds. Hopefully many more to come 4 u!

6. antler insanity

antler insanity Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Tore up the bush again today and came out with 3. 2 were on trails and the other at a food source. 0302140958.jpg 0302141040.jpg 0302141104.jpg 0302141128a.jpg

7. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice finds AI your on fire. Are you ready for all the snow? I might get buried tomorrow, depends were the storm goes.

8. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How much snow is everybody supposed to get? Our original projection was 7-13 inches, but it looks like about 2-6 now. I might try to take the dog out shed hunting tomorrow. She doesn't have any training, but definitely knows when I bring a shed home from work.

9. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like I will be getting 6-12" of snow tonight or might be freezing rain. I take my dog with me when ever I can just to get him out. He isn't trained to find sheds, but he loves them when I bring them home. He did find his first last year, I walked right by it and he found it, he just likes to check out anything made of bone.

10. antler insanity

antler insanity Newb

Dislikes Received:
    We are only supposed to get 3" now. Im relieved!!! Although that will definitly screw me up this week. I only got about 3 more weeks of good shedding inmy neck of the woods cause the ticks are horrible here once the temp hits a steady 35° im starting to get really excited about my midwest shed hunting trip in late april. Last year i did well out there with elk sheds. Cant wait!!!

11. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got about 6" of snow today, no shed hunting for me. Looks like by end of week it should be above freezing for a few days in a row, I hope that will take care of the snow again. My buddy has been shedding all week and picked up almost 30 sheds and his best day got 12. He also said the shed hunters have been hitting the woods hard, so soon as the snow starts to clear I will be back after it.

12. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I made it out with the dog today. We didn't find any sheds, but checked out some new public hunting spots.

[​IMG]

13. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Any one going out shedding this weekend?

14. antler insanity

antler insanity Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Made it out for awhile today and and hit one of my usual spots. Most of the snow is gone with the exception of a patch or two. Today i got 3. I have now beat last years record of 39. :jaw: still a few more weeks to go!! 0316130742.jpg 0316130923.jpg 0316130958.jpg

15. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got out this morning for a 4 hour walk on 2 propertys. First place was public land that is getting hammered from shed hunters and was able to find 2 DSCF3046.jpg DSCF3047.jpg
    The 2nd stop was on the farm I hunt and found 2 more. So I got 4 total, it was a great day.
    DSCF3049.jpg DSCF3050.jpg DSCF3051.jpg

16. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got out this morning for 4 hours on some new public land and found 0. Took a buddy with me and he was able to find 1, so it wasn't a complete loss. Found a few boot tracks so I might have been to late. But I did get to scout some new land for hunting next season, found some good spots for the rut.

17. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys im the new replacement checking in. Ive had no luck yet i was out for 6 hours yesterday and 4 today check all my cams and walked a rub line ive had great success on on the past alot of the bigger deer have seem to just started droping i have a couple pics of deer with just one side and my rub line ends at a creek where they cross so i couldnt follow it fully not my property but there was blood on several of the trees in the rub thats wasnt frozen or soaked in to the tree yet so i should find some soon im on 2 seperate properties one being 660 acres and the other 570 i should find some soon.

18. solocamin1

Dislikes Received:
    Those were the first 2 days ive been able to get out so thsts why i havent found any but im gona hit it hard now ill find you guys some its just me and my friend allowed on the 2 properties so i know no one hss been picking them up we still hsve a good amount of snow and flooding in my area the 2 properties boarder the illinois river with creeks running through them so when it floods everthing gets covered bad and also alot geys washed back into the river when the water levels go back down it kinda sucks but theres great deer there.

19. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    welcome to the team solocam. unfortunately i still have no updates. they are still holding down here. quite frustrating because i know at least 3 of our hit listers made it through the season and I know where they are hanging out right now. really want to get their sheds.

20. solocamin1

Dislikes Received:
    Hey yeah we got another 7 inches of snow last night here after 2 days of 50 degree weather but im going out around noon i might bring my 2 dogs.