Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Team 7 check in!

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by Matt9589, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Matt9589

Matt9589 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ill do it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. Matt9589

Matt9589 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alright ill be captain. So far we gave a total of 22.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3. hound

hound Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will be going to look for some sheds next week so I hope to find some. It may be a bit early for my area but never hurts to try I guess.

4. Matt9589

Matt9589 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    look for last years! they count to

5. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your a good man now go find some sheds. I'll be out this weekend with Duke.

6. hound

hound Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I already got 12 from last year that I found during the hunting season. I am going to a knew place so hopefully I will find a few. I also spoke with the land owner and he said a lot of them have not dropped yet. But I can go back later and look some more.

7. hound

hound Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I am headed out tomorrow morning and I will be back Sunday next week, I hope to have a truck load of sheds for our team :). Congrats Matt for stepping up to the plate and being our team captain. We hope to make you proud to have took the job. Pray that the majority of the bucks have shed already. Good luck all "TEAM 7".

8. GCLIFT

GCLIFT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think I am gonna head out this Saturday and see if I can't find one or two. The property I plan on hitting usually doesn't hold a lot of bucks during the winter and I never have any luck on it, but its worth a shot. About the 3rd weekend in March I plan on going out to my honey hole place where we found 30 last year in one tree row. So hopefully it will produce again!!

9. Matt9589

Matt9589 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Damn! Good luck!

10. Matt9589

Matt9589 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went out today only to be dissapointed......2 dead doe skulls, ton of turkeys, fresh rubs, and I managed to spook 2 buck STILL holding both pairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're rubbing all over the place. Ground roots and vines especialy. I guess theyre getting aggrivated lol

11. hound

hound Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello guys. I have been shed hunting for 6 days straight and have come back with 133 sheds for our team. I hope its enough for now. I will be going back in about 2-3 weeks to look for more because about 98% of the bucks are still carrying both sides.I found quite a few matches and also got some axis sheds and 1 sika deer shed, hope they count to. I will post pics tomorrow.

12. hound

hound Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    my shed pile

Here is a pic of all the sheds I found this week. I have lay pics for all them but didn't want to take up a lot of space on the sight. DSCN0299.jpg DSCN0300.jpg DSCN0301.jpg

13. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thats incredible hound, I hope to find that many sheds in my lifetime!

14. hound

hound Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks bud. That's the most I ever found at one time. Here is a set I found to I forgot to put them in the picture ( they were on desk). These and one more are the only fresh dropped sheds I found. DSCN0305.jpg

15. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Hound to much snow here maybe next weekend.

16. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hound

You found the motherload of old ones !!! LOL I knew a few guys from Texas and they say no one walks for sheds. The snakes and throny vegetation are just to nasty to mess with it. I can only imagine how many sheds are laying around over the years.

Congrats on all the sheds !! I bet 6 days of shed hunting down there was some rough going at times. Impressive !!

Just out of curiosity and knowing what some of the guys I know from Texas get a crack at hunting... how big were your biggest finds ?? Some of those sheds look pretty good in the size department. What did the fresh set go ?? Thanks !!

Tim

17. hound

hound Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Tim and 130woodman I wish everyone thought like yall do. To answer your question Tim it was very tough at times it is hilly with rocks hurting your feet and every tree and bush has thorns and not to mention cactus everywhere and it was still to cold for snakes. I spent from noon on Sunday Feb. 26 to march 3 at 4pm on my feet from daylight till dark looking for these sheds. It was the most fun I ever had shed hunting in my life. My wife thinks I am crazy. She only made it a half day and quit. I have not put a tape on it but the largest 5 point shed I found would most likely be off a 150" or high 140" deer and the 8 point set I found would go in the 140" class for sure. Some of the others may even be in that class to. These are by far the largest sheds I have ever found in my life. I also found a sika buck shed which is the first for me to ( that was exciting). The fresh sheds I found will probably score in the 120" range.
    Seems as if some guys on here have gotten discouraged about me finding that many. So if by entering that many sheds at one time discourages anyone I will discuss with my team captain about with-drawing all the old sheds and only entering the fresh dropped sheds. Its not about winning or losing with me I just want everyone to enjoy the contest. Heck I found 56 sheds last year and posted them on the last weekend knowing there was no way we would win. I would hope that by our team having that many sheds this early in the contest that it would encourage more people to look harder and get more involved in shed hunting by spending more time looking and walking in the outdoors ( its actually a healthy thing to do for your body). For those that don't find that many sheds, don't be discouraged 2 years ago I only found 3 sheds in 4 months of looking. You also might consider asking someone in your area that has land if you can look for sheds on their property, I do that and it works sometimes.
    Anyway that's my opinion.

Thanks again Tim and 130Woodman.

18. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey man you found those sheds so they should count. This contest is just for fun and you definitely put in the time. There is no reason to just with draw your sheds just to make it a closer contest. Us other teams just have to step it up! lol. Congrats on the finds man I would love to be able to haul in that kind of sheds in a year lol.

19. Matt9589

Matt9589 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    OMG Hound! Nice finds lol!

20. Outdrdave

Outdrdave Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hound, incredible week Man!!

I hope for a week like that every year when I head out to Illinois and last year when I headed to Kansas to shed hunt. Here's hoping your finds are enough to keep your team motivated and know that team 5 is still looking to defend their championship!

Best of luck when you return and keep on posting up your finds brother!