Team #6-Tineacious Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Scott/IL, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here we go guys, looks like we have ourselves a team. So let's put some bruisers down this fall, and have some fun along the way. I went ahead and put our roster below, and will bold each name as they check in. Let's take the BBK DOWN

Team 6
    8. Scott/IL
    16. Drenman
    22. Preacher Tony

44. isaiah
    47. Reese
    69. iamyourhuckleberry

111. SouthernMDArcher
    145. FEB
    154. kshunter

191. Buckmaster

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  2. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    As we check in, let's get to know a little about everyone.

My name is Scott, and I'll turn 23 this November. My family has owned a 365 acre farm in Jersey County, Illinois for many, many years. It is prime whitetail hunting, but I also mix in a few different public areas too. Last year, I killed my largest buck, a 155" brute on Nov. 3rd. I spend every chance I get from October-January in a treestand. I have been in the huntingnet.com contest for what will be my 5th season, but this is my first here at BH.com

To support this hunting passion, I work for a food distribution company. I also take classes at a local university 3 nights and 2 days a week. While hunting time may be a little harder to come by this year, you can bet I will be out there every second I can.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  3. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Buckmaster here and accounted for....

I just turned 22 and usually have plenty of time to hunt, just not the Prime places to hunt... lol. Really looking forward to it this year as always, looks like we have a solid team fo' sure.

4. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Yea it looks like a lot of familiar team members for us.

Also, as I type this, I am looking out my kitchen window and watching 2 does and a spike feed under a crab apple tree 10 yards away. Has to be a good sign for our team.

5. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    FEB checking in!

Hey guys, I'll be hunting 2 properties in Illinois and a small chunk in Wisconsin.
    I'm on a lease on one farm, about 800 acres in central Ill. And I have exclusive access to a little 80 acre spot in So. IL, my little honeyhole.
    I also scored a 40 acre spot in NW Wisconsin, that looks promising.

I live in the Chicago burbs, so they're all a far drive for me, and scouting is minimal. But I still get it done every year.
    Good luck all!
    Fred.

6. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    kshunter checking in. I'm 41 and hunt SE Kansas. I have around 600+ acres that I share with two other buddies. Look to break a personal curse this year. Seems I get a buck every other year and this is the off year. Hoping this little contest is enough to do that.

Clint

7. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Good to have you on the team Fred and Clint. Sounds like you both have very promising lands to hunt. Best of luck!

8. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey brothers,

I am Will. I reside in Colorado but the world is my playground. I'm excited to be out this deer season (hunting presently for speed goats). Can you believe our archery deer and elk season started this past Saturday and I'm out chasing pronghorn? No worries though. I'll be all over the US in pursuit. I have tags for Colorado, South Dakota, New Mexico, Nebraska, Alberta, and Illinios (near Petersburg for all you land of Abe boys). The last two have the most promise for a good'n. Let's get after it...stay positive as we go. Let's not take any do-do. Let's show the other teams our steel!

9. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all! Preacher Tony checkin in ..

10. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Drenman checking in.

My name is Matt and live and hunt mostly in Nebraska. I've got 3 pieces of property right now, around 500 acres that is family owned and have sole hunting rights on. Another tract that is around 300 acres that we bowhunt and the farmer rifle hunts. The third property I just picked up this year but it is 150 acres of prime territory, it has a lot of potential. All the farms are in southeast Nebraska.

I've been hunting my whole life but just took up bowhunting a few years ago and since have pretty much given up everything else. To say I'm hooked would be an understatement. From the trail cam pics it looks like it should be a fun year.

11. Reese

Reese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Ya'll Reese checking in

12. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    isaiah checking in!

33 yr old been living in IL the past 4yrs from MN and IL before that. i dont have much time at all to hunt, think i spec'ed it out to 27times total. with 5 all day sits planned. hunting in northern IL mostly but if i put a tag on one early i'll venture out (western IL, southern IL and WI) just wanna spend the majority of my time in the areas i know the best.
    reason why i have no time is cause i work for the Bears, football season doesnt mix well with hunting! i see some familar names on here, just happy to have another season upon us!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  13. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like most the team has checked in. We should be a tough one to beat, seems we are represented well by some big buck states.

14. Reese

Reese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    And Canada :rock:
    I am hunting 100% public land here.
    Cheers
    Reese

15. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys ... I am on a little bit of a cold streak with the bow :cry:... I kill 'em good with the gun, but I am a legend in some circles for my bowhunting misses over the last 8-9 years :o some of you know :busted:...

This will be the year I break the dry spell tho ... no doubt in my mind :tu:

16. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    No worries PT, this is the year a NY buck falls to your arrow.

17. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Will- Petersburg would be about 2 hours north of me. Looks like a heck of a year you have planned out. I'm sure you will have some excellent stories to share as usual.

18. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You can be for certain with Will, you will here some excellent stories... I've had the opportunity to meet Will on two different occasions now, and let me tell you, he is one awesome stand up guy.... He wouldn't give you the shirt off his back, he would go buy you a nicer one... :D

19. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, there goes your neighborhood! :poke::lmao:

20. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Aaron, what a kind thing to say. I guarantee you'll be missed this year...maybe next year , eh?

PT, the chemistry hasn't been right...until this year. You'll be steep with well wishes and prayers. Good to have you seeing over us.

Scott, it would be awesome to get together. If we can do it, let's go for it!