Team 6: Red Sun Rising Official Thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 19, 2013.

1. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's right, definitely never know. Didn't end up seeing much of anything yesterday. Nothing actually, was raining pretty good then turned to snow. Pretty much covered in snow now so haveta get back out there.

Couole picks from recent trips out. The one is a rub I found about a week ago and the other was from yesterday when snow started falling. Didn't know how long the rub has been there but I'd say the guy thst msxe it probably wasn't to bad.

Attached Files:

2. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Well couldn't take it anymore so I went out today and put my cams back out. Hopefully get some ideas for late season. Put one ul where haven't had anything all year so don't know about that one. Cows in that part of farm most of year until winter so its kind of iffy. Figured worth a shot though. In all actuality didn't see many tracks in snow except one area and was kinda surprised to see that they also layed down pretty much right out in open. Got a camera looking out into field now though so I'll soon know.

Was actually a pretty nice afternoon out and probably shoulda been sitting in stand but snapped some pics. The last ones pretty much the whole property I hunt. The majority of it is where I'm allowed to go with the exception of the upper right side, above the drive that goes back. Nothing special was just playing around with a new app for phone deciding if its worth having or not.

Attached Files:

3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well went out with the boomstick last night and missed a doe at last light in a quick shot window chance. Clean miss thankfully...but gott figure out if it was me or the scope/gun off before going back out....may be picking up the bow this week Wed/Thurs as it is set to warm up slightly.

4. Pops423

Pops423 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Works been crazy and haven't been out since I shot my buck back in November. Just wanted to drop in and say it was a fun contest and Happy Holidays to everyone. My GOD bless you and your loved ones.

Denny

5. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Heading out this afternoon fellas with the bow if all goes as planned....hopefully put something down!

6. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Went out last night and didn't see anything. Checked cams and had some out yesterday morning but most other pics were at night. Think had a buck on cam but couldn't tell looking at pics on camcorder.

7. okcaveman

okcaveman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't been around much, sounds like we are all winding way down. My season is pretty much over, bucks are starting to drop and the freezers are full. Iv been trapping much more than hunting lately. For those that are still hunting, good luck. And it's been a good season and a good team. Thanks guys

8. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Punched my Kansas buck tag the last 5 minutes of the last night (Dec 31) While it isnt an upgrade I was pretty happy with him. We have until Jan 21 I WILL shoot a doe before then :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  9. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Looks good Pat and good luck the rest of your trip.

I haven't been out much woth the cold weather been having. Decided to keep cams running and have started getting more pics. Posted a few in the trail cam forum. Hoping to get out a few more times since its warming up a little so we'll see. Good luck fellas and think we had a pretty good year. Enjoyed getting to know a few of ya better.

10. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats bud!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

11. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the buck, gutone.

I went to my urban spot over the weekend for a couple of sits. I didn't see anything and I don't think I'll have another chance to get up there before the 31st, so I'd say my season is over.

12. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck gut. Seasons closed for me, urban archey is open but I don't hit that too hard. Good luck anyone still in the woods!

Hey Tynimiller, I was searching WV on here and saw an old post where you were going to hunt some land in WV. I'm thinking of hunting some of the public spots in 1 of the 4 bow only counties in the SE of the state. Did you ever hunt WV? Any insight?

13. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like the season is over for most of us. I wish I could have put down a doe or two in order to help the team, but it didn't happen for me. It doesn't look like we'll finish near the top, but considering the number of teams I think we did pretty well.

It was a fun season and it was nice getting to 'know' the folks on our team. Good luck to everyone this year and all the years going forward.