Team 6: Red Sun Rising Official Thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Pops423

Pops423 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to your Dad. can't wait to see the pics

2. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Somebody got their knife bloody this week!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4

3. Pops423

Pops423 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So am I correct that not only do I need the arm but also some kind of swivel mount too?

4. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ha ha yea I need about everything. My biggest thing is can't decide if just wanna go for basic stuff now until I get used to it and upgrade later or just go all in. Need to find a starter kit minus the camera ha.

5. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This buck came in and didn't give him a ton of time, he thought it was one of the bigger 8s at the small homestead property but ended up not being. He's still tickled with him though and he should be! We both were set to hunt all day, he shot this bad boy at 12:40pm...we had deer moving all day throughout our woods due to all the hinging and thickness/security...crazy how with each year our daytime travels increase. Now it's to praying all the yearlings dodge neighbors (bad story about that, will start a thread about that though). He saw 5 six points running does hard today, one stopped and was breathing so hard he thought it was gonna pass out haha! His 8 followed some does about 10 minutes after they came through little after noon.

*Oh and like I've done so many times he hunted a bow only stand on a neighbor's today despite it being gun opener, he's happy he hunted it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Good job Ty, congrats again to you guys.

I went out for a short sit this afternoon. Was raining so didn't grt out until late and only had two hours of daylight left. Didnt see bit three deer, two that ran across field about 200 yards out. One thing that was kinda funny was I climbed down shortly after shooting time was up because I wanted go check the cam that's close to stand. Just as I got to edge of field I looked to my right to see a doe not 20 yards from me. She blew and ran off and I about crapped my pants ha. Pretty sure neither one of us knew the other was there. Wasn't a bad night really, pretty nice out.

7. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to your dad Ty !

8. gutone4me

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty exciting night here I have been busting my tail trying to get someone to kill a buck we named gnarly Well tonight all my hard work paid off and the lucky hunter was my wife !!

[​IMG]

9. Pops423

Pops423 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ty - congrats to your Dad.

Pat - congrats to your wife.

Both great bucks!

10. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    Some Pics from this week....Story to come!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^this^^^Great job!

12. okcaveman

okcaveman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow it's been a good week! Congrats everyone, some very good looking animals. Iv not been hunting any lately due to work, but iv seen some very nice deer chasing this week. Hope to get out later this week.

As far as using a bow during other seasons, I can and have, but I genuinely enjoying rifle/muzzleloader hunting. For me it's less complicated, less expensive, and just as enjoyable. I love blackpowder, would do rendezvous if I could afford to...heck I'm fixing to drop $1000 on a flintlock squirrel gun... Besides that I really enjoy still hunting in the thick brush (blackpowder season I had 2 bucks and 2 does inside of 30 yards before we saw each other).... To each their own

13. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Decided not to go out this afternoon because of wind blowing pretty hard. Which ended up dying down and probably would of been alright. Ended up taking slug gun and few others out to make sure it was all good for next weekend. Not best shooting but it was pretty fun really. Put about 50 rounds through new pistol I got and emptied couple mags with the AR.

One thing that does kinda suck is I was talking go my buddies dad, who's farm I hunt, and he said the neighbors killed a nice 8 or 10 pointer. The ground is leased to some NY guys and they come out couple times through the year. Guess they're leaving today and not coming back this year but sounds like they shot one of the bucks I been chasing. Oh well not much u can do.

Good luck fellas and congrats to Ty's dad and Pat's wife. Some dandy bucks.

Attached Files:

14. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well back to work. Congrats to everybody who scored. My father, brother, and I hunted quite a bit in the past 2 weeks. Ended up killing 4. Just some does and a couple scrubs with the BP and my brother got a doe with his bow.

75 degrees today and the weather has pretty much sucked like that the past 3 weeks. Gun season opened Saturday so I'm sure deer movement is gonna change pretty significantly but if we get some cold weather I may try to sneak out. Late bow season starts Dec 1 and my wifes c-section is scheduled Dec. 20, as long as everything is going smoothly I may be able to get in an evening sit or 2 with the bow close to home. I'd really like to at least put up 50 points!

Sighted in my new BP a couple weeks ago, my wife bought it for our anniversary. Easiest gun I've ever sighted in and wanted to give a huge recommendation for Harvester Muzzleloading http://www.harvestermuzzleloading.com/

Been dealing with them for a while and always great service and great products. High shot is not a flyer just first shot at 100 after rough zero at 25 yds.

Traditions Pursuit xlt
    Blackhorn 209 110 grn(by volume)
    .45 caliber 300 grn Scorpion PT Gold
    .50 caliber Crush Rib Sabot
    CCI Primer

Attached Files:

15. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking my bow season might be over....Gun season starts Saturday here in Wisconsin and that goes for a while. So i'm thinking I might hang the bow up, but that is still in the air! My working on my story! I had a pretty interesting day on Thursday!

16. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I will slow down, but I'll be honest I love those late season colder than snot hunts...granted they're usually only the last 2 hours of the day as that is all the longer I can stay warm...but something special about dropping one late season, but man is it tough.

Good news from my front though fellas is that I have a college acquantaince that basically is hiring me to teach him everything I know about hunting and land manipulation as he just bought 500acres in St. Joseph Michigan and get this: I get to hunt the ground too!!!! ....HOLY CRAP was what came to my mind....Sadly though he got hit hard by those storms yesterday and has house damage so probably won't be this year.

Other good/bad news is the small Homestead property continues to be a hot bed of activity buck wise....bad news is neighbor's already wounded or killed one young buck Saturday (thread about it HERE)...and with all we've done to our place they're bound to get blessed by it from time to time, just praying it isn't any of the following we are PRAYING MAKE IT TO NEXT YEAR:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    We need to get some does touching the ground, once Goose adds his buck I truly feel we are having one of the best buck seasons as a team around...just not a lot of does. Keep having fun out there fellas and if you got a chance go fill that freezer! (Pat you grabbing the crossbow for some late season stress relief on does?)

18. gutone4me

Dislikes Received:
    Waiting for it to cool off a bit I have a few does that are on the list I should have no problem thumping one here soon.

19. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    Posted the deer I got November 14th into the score card...

20. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I noticed something the other day as I was driving.

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that the inside of my truck has a faint smell of deer urine this time of year?