Team 6 - Any Six

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by mathewsmq1, Aug 28, 2022.

1. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Spending the extra $ prolly aint gonna do crap.
    Shoot it_learn it.
    Guys were shooting incredible groups 30 years ago.
    $$ for this/that bow is usually just a chest thumping thing.

That bow will keep killing for many years.

2. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Put a new string on the devil bow and zeroed in. I'm going to be stuck at my existing house for a few months till we get things settled financially. Plus, on Monday, I woke up to 10" of water in the basement from our pressure tank rupturing. We've had Serv-pro here the past two days. Luckily we have good homeowners insurance, but lost a lot of stuff, washer, dryer, deep freezer, fridge, countless collectibles and photo albums, stuff from my childhood, yearbooks, etc. Going to be an interesting next few months.

I hope we can stay civil and keep everything friendly, as we both agreed. A few days in, though, I already hear a few comments here and there. I'm not going anywhere until I am financially stable to do so. Both our names are on this house/loan; if she wants it, she can have it; I don't care. I'd like to give her a year after our divorce to get everything in her name. Not sure how that works.

Anyways, a week from today is opening day eve! I won't be able to get out until that Friday, the 16th, due to my internship and school that evening. I should probably buy my tags sometime soon.......

3. Justin Goins

Justin Goins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dang man, just can't catch a break. I hope everything works out and hopefully it doesn't get ugly. At least your season starts next week and you have something to look forward to. Should we take a vote on team names or? lol Haven't heard from a most of our team on names but I know some said they are not too active on here. When does everyone's season start? Mine starts Oct. 1st here in Indiana.

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  4. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I will be the odd one and say, I bought a $1,000+ bow. But, it was worth every penny. I already shoot a low poundage (45) - so that makes a difference. But, I've had a Hoyt, a Mathews, and now my Elite - and I will say - the Elite has improved my game ten fold. I can hold my bow much longer then either of my other two without it getting jumpy. I'm not saying a lower priced bow wouldn't do it - but it surely wasn't a chest bump type thing that got me to get it. It's now five(ish) years old, and I don't plan on letting it go anytime soon.

Joe, it can go two ways - civilly or you can make her life miserable and make her split everything. It's in her hands and I'd think she'd be smart if she just kept her mouth shut for the next few months. Sorry about the flooding though - losing memories is even more tough with what you're going through.

Justin, ours starts October 1, too. I wont be able to go out until the evening of the 7th or the 10th. Wedding the first weekend and fire department fundraiser the second. We shall see.

Swamp Stalker and Justin Goins like this.
  5. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't shot a elite before. Only two brands i haven't really tried is elite and prime. Heard good things about both but all 3 bow shops around me don't carry them. I would hate spend that type of money and not like it lol. I usually end up always going back to hoyt cause I like their draw cycle but I'm not brand loyal. I think all brands are good, its just what you prefer.

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  6. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I snuck out and put a few more cameras out and pulled a card on a stealth came that I put up last October. It was still working. I had a couple decent bucks last year. If they made it I should have a couple nice ones to target.

Our season opens September 24. Probably won’t go out unless I get a shooter patterned.

Hang in there Joe. Civility is the way to go. That being said don’t let her walk all over you. Talk to an attorney sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin Goins and Swamp Stalker like this.
  7. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    I’m good with any team name too.

Justin Goins likes this.
  8. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    Joe i say you pick a random team name and we will go with it! Lol i like Our Time, and your idea for the logo but suck at photo shopping. Haha. Just got done shooting and got the bow sighted in. Probably go to the 3D range sometime soon. What is everyone shooting bow wise for this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Swamp Stalker and Westfinger like this.
  9. Johnny Miller

Johnny Miller BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all, I'm ok with any name. Sorry that I'm not here very often, too damn busy. I'm currently sitting in a tree waiting for a big ol bear to show up at my bait. Good luck this season everybody!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

PinkPony, dmen, Justin Goins and 2 others like this.
  10. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot an Elite Impulse 31 and a Ravin. I usually start with the Elite and switch over as it gets colder and I have to layer up.
    SD trip will be with the Elite.

11. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a Bear Cruzer G2! lol! I think I paid under $300 for it. I wouldn't take it out west for elk hunting, but it is more than capable of hunting whitetails and shots under 30 yards. Most of my setups do not allow for shots over 20 yards anyways. I use Easton FMJs for arrows and Slick Trick fixed blade BHs.

My Brossbow is a Centerpoint XR 175 recurve lobbing bolts at a mind-numbing 245 fps. Again, plenty fast enough to kill a deer at 20 yards. When I first started hunting, I remember 245 fps was fast!

I'll give some more thought to team names today.

Justin Goins likes this.
  12. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    Any luck on bear yet Johnny? Always wanted to kill a bear. Went a couple years ago in Virginia and had a cub walk right under my stand. Hoping I can book another bear hunt in the near future.

13. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I killed one once:beer:

Justin Goins likes this.
  14. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    Checking cameras after I get off work, will post pics if anything worthy shows up. Haven't seen my number target buck on camera for about a month now.

Westfinger likes this.
  15. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    Put a couple more cameras out. Haven’t seen too much yet. A blurry picture of a decent 2 yo is all I have seen in the buck department. I picked up a couple bags of corn after I sold one of my kidneys. Hopefully that will help some. Not to many acorns yet.

Justin Goins likes this.
  16. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    So a couple of my cameras took a crap on me, wasn’t getting anything good until the last two cameras. The two top shooters I’m targeting showed up. Only got one pic of each not great pics but i know they are still around. Then i keep getting this guy and don’t know if he is a shooter yet. IMG_7537.JPG IMG_7538.JPG IMG_7540.JPG
    The last pic is the one I don’t if he is a shooter yet. Waiting to see him out of velvet

17. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    Nice looking bucks for sure! Should make for an interesting season.

Justin Goins likes this.
  18. WISCONSINBUCKHUNTER

WISCONSINBUCKHUNTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome buck!!

Justin Goins likes this.
  19. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck, Justin.

All of my shooters have disappeared. They'll be back - just a matter of when. Got half a fall food plot put in Saturday. It's going to double as pasture, too, since we'll be pasturing in this area next spring. Did get an enclosed stand. Amish built with a drop door or a door on the back. Both vertical and horizontal windows. Never hunted a stand like it for bow, so will be interesting. My main spot for bow is still a regular lock on though.

Justin Goins and Swamp Stalker like this.
  20. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Loaded up the Jeep this weekend with all my hunting gear. I should be getting out on Friday afternoon for scouting and some time in a tree! Cold front coming through on Wednesday, finally killing the humidity and dropping the temps.

Westfinger and Justin Goins like this.