Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Team 5

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by TJF, Jan 17, 2011.

1. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Those are again, some great looking sheds Tim, congrats to you and Tyler. You guys have found some real nice stuff this year and pretty clean overall. I wussed out last night and dodged the heavy rain.. Getting soft I guess! Try again Wed/Thur.. got a meet tonight.. (coaching track)

2. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Geesh my buddy just texted me from Montana..he picked up 38 more in 3 days.. He's at 108 for the season now.

Tim you guys getting back out?

How bout you Rocko?

Dave?

I will get out this in the next couple days again.

3. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll keep looking while mushroom hunting this weekend, but its so green here its not looking good.

4. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got skunked Monday after work. Found 2 sheds during dinner break on Tuesday. Found another 2 sheds Tuesday after work and got skunked today after work. Pickings are getting pretty thin.

Looks like we won't be farming this weekend but the weather is also suppose to be bad. Not sure if I will get out Saturday or not. Hoping too.

Sounds like your buddy is doing great in Montana. Congrats to him !!

Tim

5. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Here are two of the 4 sheds from Tuesday. The other two were old and small so I didn't bother taking a picture. Also a skull I found.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Found 1 shed after work yesterday...

[​IMG]

Tyler and I went out today and got soaked but I found a 3 more. Tyler found 9... all off young bucks. Here are two of mine...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My third shed was an oldey but from a buck we have got some history with. I had found his 3.5 year old shed 2 years ago. Another guy found the other side. Now today I found one of his side from a year ago ( 67" )...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Late last summer I got quite a few trail cam pictures of him...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If he made it through hunting season... I have a bad feeling he wintered in a different spot where we don't have access to shed hunt. Hopefully the guy that does have access finds them so we at least know he is still alive.

Tim

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  6. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the win guys. You guys did find a lot of sheds

7. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the win, pretty impressive numbers

8. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great work Tim, way to finish up strong for our team! I did Not get to go. My mothers condition has really taken a turn for the worse and my wife and I have been at her side all weekend. Shed hunting took a back seat and from what I see now with mom, I doubt I will be doing very little over the next month or so outside of going to work. We have hospice coming here to the house every day now. Talk to you guys soon. Its been a great shed season, I hope we pulled it off team 5! looks like it!

Nice chatting with you today Tim, man I hope the big bruiser is still alive. Best of luck in the month to come, I know your not done yet..thanks for the pix you sent me too! Loved em, you KICKED my butt on big sheds this season, I only got ya on #s! Which I believe is the first time ever since we have known each other! Even a blind squirrel like me gets lucky every 10 years! Nice work though bud.. we better get us a "trompin" shirt made up.. :)

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  9. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    After burying the 4 wheeler yesterday trying to get into a spot to check... I am going to have to get me a trompin/muddin shirt. While I spent a half hour in knee deep mud getting it out... Tyler was cleaning house on all the sheds and laughing his arse off. :lol:

I was cover in mud from head to toe. Actually waded out in the deep water to splash some of it off once I got the 4 wheeler out. :rolleyes: I was soaked anyways and couldn't get wetter. The wife was really impressed when I got home... NOT !!!

It would have been a lot easier just walking the 3/4 of a mile to get to the spot !!!!! Then I only found one stinking, oldy shed for my trouble. :sad:

Still enjoyed the day running with Tyler though !! :)

Tim