Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Team 5

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by TJF, Jan 8, 2010.

1. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Funny... I remember you and Tyler leaving this old geezer in the dust the one morning. I've never seen two guys cover a mile that fast walking trying to get to a certain spot before the other. Course I also remember the guy that found the biggest shed in that area that morning. Me !!!!! :) It was the other side you wanted to find to match up the shed from the day before and I plucked it right out from under Tyler's nose. I owned both of you !!!! Yah for the old guy !!!! LOL

Seriously... you figured the shed would be down there and if Tyler hadn't been on a mission to get into the weed patch first and you let him have that area... you would have found it. I just got lucky and distracted Tyler at the right moment as we walked over the knoll. It was a sleasy find on my part although not on purpose. But after having Tyler pulling a few over on me earlier... I was due for some payback !! :)

[​IMG]

Tim

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  2. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I only found 3 out of the 7 in that area. Britty found 1 and Tyler found 3. It still was a great night though !! :)

I found this 60 inch 5 pt to start it off...

[​IMG]

Next find was a busted up shed but my last find was the biggest 3 pt shed I have ever found. It scored 52 7/8 with a 23 inch main beam. Definitely off a 4.5 - 5.5 year old buck as it had pretty good mass also.

[​IMG]

Britty found this nice shed...

[​IMG]

Here are the 7 shed plus another 3 sheds Tyler found that morning while the wife had me working.

[​IMG]

Tim

3. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tim where are you at for #s as of now? Over 50?

4. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    49 sheds for me.

I see Estvold moved in the area yesterday with a buddy. Apparently he didn't learn his lesson as there were fresh 4-wheeler tracks in an old farmstead Junior has control of. It is a good thing you came out when you did... not that they are very good at shedhunting. They are not going to find much if any as hard as we hit the areas around here. :)

They are running around with two four-wheelers with one on tracks. Should be easy to see where they have been. We just got a few more spots left that need to be checked although there wasn't a lot of deer in these spots when most shed. Maybe an early drop or real late drop.

Tim

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  5. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dang Tim, those are some nice bones you guys picked up, very nice work. I picked up # 34 tonight. short 1.5 hour run after work with my boys.

Attached Files:

6. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    3 more today, 37 total.

Attached Files:

7. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good job on the 3 !! Say... do you remember when I said if we get desperate will tromp around town as a joke. Britty and Tyler walked the north side and picked up 4 sheds Friday night. LOL

I'll get you shed count up to date.

Tim

8. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hahaha, Right on, nothing like picking them up out the backdoor! Back behind the church area there???

9. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Tim, dont total em till Sunday night, I am gonna do all I can to hit the 40 mark by tomorrow evening.. West coast time.. :) LOL

10. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep... right west of the church. All within a 150 yards of my house. :) Last winter we were watching the one buck feed in the neighbor's yard at night. He was there almost every night and we thought he might drop them there or in the area where he did drop the one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tim

11. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Very very nice Tim! Well I didnt hit 40 quite yet but I did find about a 10-12 lbr! #38 is a good one! First moose shed of the year.

Attached Files:

12. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That is an awsome find Troy... I would love to go to Elk County, PA and look for the elk sheds but from what I have heard public land is almost non-exsistant and the locals find the sheds really quickly.... I couldn't imagine being able to find whitetail, elk, and moose sheds... that is awsome!

13. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I envy you. That is a great moose shed !!! You've got it all. You'll work your butt off but you got a great variety of animals. Nicely done and congrats !!

Tim

14. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, guys, I believe I would find more moose sheds "if" I would target more moose rich areas, but I can't complain about this one, this is off of the bull that hangs in my home area quite a bit, I have trail cams of him two seasons ago, none from this rack but I did glass him quite a long time one day this past fall, I am sure this is his. He is starting to get big and will be a great moose in the next couple of seasons!

15. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tim and Troy,

I was telling my brother and dad about all of the sheds you 2 have found this year. Neither of them could hardly believe It. A friend of mine went out to South Dakota 2 weeks ago and found 26 sheds In 4 hours of looking, all public land. I tell you what, these Dakota states have some great buck numbers!

My shedding Is pretty much over here too unless I find one while were out stump shooting which we'll be doing often here the next 3 weeks or so. Way to go guys, awesome!!

16. rockinchair

rockinchair Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for my lack of contribution this year guys. As soon as we had gotten rid of all our snow we got smacked right in the face with 90 degree days! Combine that with the job training/class I've been doing and I haven't been able to get out a fraction of what I wanted to. Way to go guys!

17. hillrunner

hillrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Found one small 3 point with the disk this morning.

18. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats and got it added to the shed total. I found shed number 50 today and it is a really good one. :) This probably is it for me for tromping this year. We will be in the field next week so my only hope is to spot one from the tractor.

Tim

19. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Been trying to kill a big tom with my boys this weekend, didnt get him ...Yet... LOL and didnt shed hunt but will be getting back out again at least one day after work this week, then I am off to Montana for a few days over the weekend. Gonna go run down on the Yellowstone river and look for some sheds. :)

20. quiksilver

quiksilver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome pics Troy. Looks like you boys had a great time. I'd love to do a shed hunting trip one day... But you know how that goes... I need a powerball win.

I went fishing on Saturday for 15 minutes. I made three or four casts, caught a 6" trout, and actually felt bad for the fish. So, I dropped him back in the hole, hid my fishing pole in the brush, and walked up over the ridge and shed hunted for the next 2 hours. I'm pretty sure I was trespassing anyway. Didn't find any, so I closed out the season with 26, I think.

...and with that, Team 6 raises the white flag.

I tip my hat and raise my glass to the victors.

This just plain sucks. I hate losing. Tim bought all his sheds on ebay or sawed them off of roadkills. Troy keeps taking pictures of the same two sheds. Next thing you know, they claim they have 300 sheds each, and everybody else doesn't stand a chance.

This is b.s. LOL j/k.

Good luck with the turkeys, bro. Drop me a text if you pop one!