Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Team 5

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by TJF, Jan 8, 2010.

1. hillrunner

hillrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [QUOTE

[​IMG]

I think that I may have found the smallest shed of the contest... seriously, how much smaller can you get? :D I told Matt that it was cool he found the 4 pt side, I told him that it was too easy and I look for the small ones as they are more of a challenge :p[/QUOTE]

Ha, I keep using that same line this year. Good work, I get excited no matter how small they are.

2. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thank bud... the best part of the day is that my buddy Matt told me that his uncle had found a few sheds at the corn crib earlier this year..... well, today I asked his uncle about them and everybody laughed because it was just a "big joke" they were pulling on me..... that was all good and fun until I found those two sheds laying at the corn crib this evening.... then they were the ones who looked like clowns:p I couldn't be more lucky though, this farm is by far the best area to shed hunt that I have access to. I am going to head out tomorrow and try my "honey hole" property, and in the afternoon I will be hitting the farm again. Wish me luck~

3. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Buck Magnet on the sheds and great day. I'll put two sheds up for you in the team total post.

Pretty quiet here this weekend. I found 1... Tyler found 1 and Britty found 2. It was a big walk and Britty did good. Still seeing bucks carrying.

Tim

4. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    way to go Tim, 1 is better than none! hey Britty kicked your butt! lol

5. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    She kicked both our butts !! :) I gotta quit training them so good. Pretty soon there won't be any sheds left for me to find with those two gobbling them up. I might as well just sit in the truck and take a nap. LOL

Snow is melting pretty good here. We have a long ways to go before it is gone but at least it is melting.

Tim

6. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Shed, BM, Tim (Briteny)- Well done boys and girl!!!!!!!!! Haven't been around much, been working a ton. The snow here Is about 1/2 gone with the warmer weather were finally getting. We still have about 20 Inches of snow In the woods yet but the trails are allot less. It's been a LONG ass winter, It's finally on the down side I believe. I'm hoping to get back out tomorrow and do some looking, been about 3 weeks since I've last been out. My brother went out yesterday and found a shed, finally!!!!!!!!! That's the 1st shed either him or I have found on the land him and I hunt In 5 years. I don't have a picture of It but my brother thinks It's a 2.5, I'm thinking It's a 1.5 but I'm just going off of his text picture he sent me. Can't wait to see It In person to see If It's a buck I saw In 09.

7. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well Boys, My shed numbers should start climbing, I've got this weekend and then daylight savings time coming up and then in two weeks I am off to North Dakota and Kansas to look for bone for 7 days.. leaving 3 for travel, over my spring break! I am stoked! Tim and Joey, I cant wait!

8. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Troy... I am really looking forward to it !! Hopefully Tyler saves us a few with his spring break from college starting this Friday. LOL

Say that 5 pt shed I found today matched up to the one I found behinds Albert's house ( old abandoned farmstead ) quite a while back. The other 5 pt side I found... I sent you a picture text of. I also had posted it on here. He will be a pretty good buck next year. Score of both sheds and a 16 inside spread put him at 138. He should be in the 145 - 150 next year.

I will be doing a lot of scouting down there next summer. :) So far we have pulled sheds off a 138, 140 ( older buck but short tined) , the 72" shed ( gotta find that other side !!! ). So far I think we have pulled about 25 or so sheds out of that area. I've got to go through all of this year's sheds with Tyler and get them sorted out per area to see where we are at. We still haven't found that buck's sheds that I was hunting at the end of bow season in that area. He should go in the 150's easy. We got to find them so I know how big he really was !!

It is going to be great getting you down in that area when you are here. I want to do some serious scouting while shed hunting. That big L Belt ties into it that I just got to hunt for the first time last year where I found that nice 4x4 skull and the big 5x5 skull the year before. Not to mention the big 5 pt shed ( 69" ) that Tyler found the year before that. It is a big, big area with some darn big bucks roaming it for our area. It is my new honey hole as I think I can get access to bow hunt it all !! :)

Tim

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  9. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tim,

Its going to be a lot of fun, I sure hope I can help you guys find some of those big boys! I am counting the days, I can't wait to get there and see all the bones you guys have already found. hahahaha and yeah I hope Tyler leaves a few out in those, belts, sloughs and cornfields to pick up! Gonna be a great time, I sure hope we dont stay up all night talking whitetails though.. I want to get some serious tromping and scouting in, everytime I get to come out there and scout adds fuel to the fire to get to return and hunt. Tell ya what would be cool if we found a set while I am out there to a buck that one of us gets someday! that would be very neat!

Wont be long brother! Me and my little car will be racing across ID, Mont, and ND in 2 weeks!

10. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Found an old but big set today! 12 on the season.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  11. rockinchair

rockinchair Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Troy!

Whats our team total up to now?

12. jrvs23

jrvs23 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got out to do some walking over the weekend and was skunked. I'll be on my coarse all week and every inch will be covered w/ a leaf rake in hand. I hope to find at least a couple. Next weekend I'm hoping to have time to dive into the woods surrounding the coarse.

It looks like a few guys really have some amazing areas. Keep it up!

13. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got out Sunday with my boys, snowed on us.. turned out kind of crappy...we tried hitting a steep hill side/bedding area with slick fresh snow, my boys toughed it out for a couple hours but it wasnt real fun for them, so we stopped had a nice lunch when the sun popped out and went back home.. No sheds.. back after em again this week. Hello daylight savings time!

14. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Team total is 55 sheds.

Duke wants us to keep the shed total update on the first page of our Team Thread. It makes it easier for him to keep track when he updates the main shed totals for all teams. I just edit and update it every few days when we find something. You can keep an eye on it there or just ask like you did and I will get back to you. :)

Tim

15. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Tim, leave a few for me to find in ND! hahhaha, no, great work bud! t-8 days till I am headed east! Can't wait. I didnt get out after all yesterday after I talked to you on the cell. Got home, laid down for a second and woke up 2 hours later... I am slipping bud! Try again tonight..

16. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We got out this afternoon but only found 3. Seen another buck still carrying both sides. Tyler crashed though the ice and soaked himself, the camera and spotting scope. I was laughing my arse off !! LOL Not sure if the camera is wrecked yet as we got it drying out. Found out the spotting scope wasn't water proof like it said. Going to take it back as it really didn't get much water on it in the splash and shouldn't have gotten water inside.

Tim

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  17. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dang, bummer about the spotting scope! U gonna go with something different now or the same?

Hey when I get out there I owe you a few bucks for those traps you gave me, shipping etc... I havent got to use them this year but really want to in the future so maybe I can borrow them another year and or just buy em off you .. anyway we'll get squared up.

18. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Team 6 wants to compete, they gotta be up over 60 now.. we better step it up..

19. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Either relax and don't find any, or crush us that we have no chance. If this race stays close I will feel (a little) guilty when I bail on shed hunting and start fishing near full time in about 2 weeks. :D

20. jrvs23

jrvs23 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys my crew and I covered the whole coarse and not a single shed was found. I think someone was out there this winter. We normally find at least a couple. Everyone in the area was hitting it hard trying to find a big double drop tine that was seen a few times (once by me locked down w/ a doe able to get within 20 yds and get a few pics). I even saw some kids trespassing on the property next to the coarse yesterday looking for sheds. I've got a couple more small areas to look this weekend and that will about cover it for me.