Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Team 5

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by TJF, Jan 8, 2010.

1. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great job Troy !! We ended the day with 8.

I hope as they lay pictures aren't manditory which I don't think they are. I usually don't have a camera with me on my dinner breaks. When Tyler and I go out... he has it and we are too far apart for a lot of the sheds I find to have him run over and snap a picture. I plan on posting a few pictures when I can but will post a picture of all my 2010 shed finds in a group picture every once and a while. Hopefully that is good enough.

Tim

2. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow you guys are machines!!! Congrats Troy and Tim... I was hoping to go out tomorrow for my first real trip out, but it has put down nearly a foot of snow in the last 24 hours and it is still snowing heavy right now. At the rate we are getting snow, I'm not goin to be able to shed hunt until this contest is over:p I did get my new digital camera Friday so if the snow isn't coming down to hard in the morning, I may take a quick walk just to get some photos.

3. hillrunner

hillrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I spent several hours this weekend trudging through the deep snow. Managed to pull out 4 more small sheds. Hope this snow melts soon!

4. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good job !! I'll get your's and Troy added into the team tally !!

Tim

5. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    only got out for 2 hours today, to many honey do's around the house.. didnt find any.. TIM that text pic u sent me...had a BIG ARSE Set in it..get those pix posted ! I need details!

6. jrvs23

jrvs23 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow! Everyone is doing great so far. Keep it up. The weather is going to start warming up a bit here and when I get back from a quick vacation to Tucsun, AZ I'll be putting on the miles.

7. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They are posted in the Dirty Rotten thread of mine. We didn't find squat today but didn't get much time to shed hunt with some other things going on. Snow was just too nasty in the spot we checked. We did get Britney out with us today. She handled the 3 mile hike like a pro. It wasn't easy going. She got to see quite a few deer and had a good time. We checked out another spot on the way home which was a short walk ( not quite a mile ). Britney did good and was ready for more. I've got to get her out more with us. Then we can tag team against Tyler !! LOL

I ended up with 5. 2 from Friday and 3 from Saturday. Tyler ended up with 7.

Oh and the boss said not a problem with me getting off if you decide to come over. Hopefully by then the snow is melting. I've got to get a hold of another farmer. We talked to Harley today and he told us of another spot that this farmer has that should be good for some sheds. We shed hunt the farmer's land in our area but this is new land that they picked up farther north of us. It is 4 or 5 quarters of land. He said they kicked out 9 moose when they combined their corn a month or so ago... not to mention a lot of deer. :)

Tim

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  8. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tim, thanks for taking the time to answer my queston; I very much enjoyed that post. Your relationship with your son really reminds me of my own with mine :)

Good job, Troy... LOL, in one day you go out and beat me after I've put in three or four long days. :cool:

9. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Greg, I had a good start but to be honest its gonna be a tough shed season for me. No snow to congregate bucks this year. I think I may have walked nearly 6-7 miles Saturday, it was a long day, wore my butt out! But then again could have never covered that type of ground if I had snow.. I have very little even up high. Sheds are gonna be scattered all over, the good thing is were I find the bones "could" be a great indicator of a bucks core area since the snows and what not havent moved him much. Keep after it Greg, sooner or later your gonna run into a sheddy area.

Tim! sounds really good, talked to the boss today (my better half) and she seems pretty supportive of me coming out, I also found out my spring break is from Friday, March 26th to April 4th. I could leave Thursday night, get half way and then be there Friday afternoon.. Talk to your "boss" and see what she says! :) Be a blast to get to hit some new ground that you havent even been on.. not to mention keep me out of your honey holes!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  10. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am really looking forward to tonight. Right after my practice my youngest son Tyson and I are gonna race home and go look for "Hoss's" sheds for the first time this year, we will only have about 1.5 hours of daylight but oh well. Ty told me last night he really wanted to skip Jess's practice ( moms taking him) so Dee and I drove seperate today to work (we work at the same school) anyway, I am just really looking forward to taking Tyson, he's been begging me to go but he has been so busy with his basketball schedule. Gonna be fun today no matter what we find.

11. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Troy, hope Tyson finds his sheds. That'd make his day.

12. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That would be something else if we found Hoss's sheds tonight, Ty would remember that forever, He is really into the bucks I hunt and everytime I come home with some sheds or trailcams he always right there by my side wanting to check everything out. Jess too, but Tyson really gets fired up over it. I just hope we find at least one shed tonight, I know Tyson is excited about getting out for the first time this season.

thanks again Ryan. Hope to have a few pix to share with ya!

13. rockinchair

rockinchair Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guys, we are winning! We Rule! :D

I'll be heading out on Saturday for the first time in well over a month. I'll just be cruising the entire property hoping for the best cause it supposed to be such a warm, nice day.

14. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No sheds for Tyson and myself, walked out of basketball practice to go shed hunting with my boy and had a flat tire, had to run down to the tire shop..didnt want to drive 45 miles on a doughnut tire! We are gonna get out Sunday, we have basketball and the local big horn show Sat.

15. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ty and I hit the mountain after work tonight (fri) with basically 1 hour of daylight.. we had a fun hike and found a nice 5x side! Just before dark. He's six now and loves the mountains and tromping around with dad. Hes ready to go this weekend. # 10 for the season.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  16. hillrunner

hillrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Stomped through the snow with a couple friends all day yesterday. They each pulled a couple out, but unfortunately, I got skunked. I think I'm gonna wait till we lose some more snow before going back out.

17. Buck Magnet

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, my buddy and I finally got out today to try our luck on his family farm. Within 30 seconds of starting to look for sheds, I found two different sides!:D We started looking around the corn crib and that is where I found them;)

Well, those were the only two at the corn crib so we headed towards the only standing corn field in the area and it was absolutely covered in sign. We split up and worked our way through it without any luck. When we finished up my buddy came down to meet me at the bottom of the field and picked up a nice 4 pt side that I had literally stepped over:mad: I can only figure that I stepped over the shed when a hen pheasant flushed and I was trying to snap a few photos of her.

We spent another hour or so just doing a quick check, there is still alot of snow but the warm weather is really knocking it down. We are going to be grib searching the standing corn field this week so I'll keep you guys updated. Here are the 3 sheds from the day....

[​IMG]

I think that I may have found the smallest shed of the contest... seriously, how much smaller can you get? :D I told Matt that it was cool he found the 4 pt side, I told him that it was too easy and I look for the small ones as they are more of a challenge :p

18. rockinchair

rockinchair Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Buck Magnet!

I made a good little walk today but unfortunately didn't find any sheds.

It was a gorgeous day to be in the woods though :)

19. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Mag! keep adding to our team totals! I didnt get out sunday, our H.S. basketball team made the state title game so we traveled south over the weekend, be back after the sheds this week after work.

20. Buck Magnet

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Cody and Troy.... it was a good day and I hope to add some more sheds this week... I can't keep up with some of the guys on the boards but I will do my part!!