Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Team 4

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by buckhunter1988, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOW/zimmer

BOW/zimmer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome find, bloodcrick! I had a feeling you were going to come up with something today!

2. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks dawg and zimbo :) good luck to you guys as well ;) dawg, he snapped the brow where its under an inch :( so 3 point. I have named this buck spindler :D 46 6/8" and if given a 3 2/8 brow would have put him at 50" I guessed him at 110 during the season and I was dam close. 50+50 and a 13" spread= 113" ;)

3. quiksilver

quiksilver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dan is cheating. He picked up those same sheds last year!

[​IMG]

4. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Ha Ha Ha, thats good stuff there :D I knew it would bring you out of the wood work with my King post :D glad to see your alive ;) come play more often :) WUSS :D

5. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got permission for a new spot that butts up to a non hunting spot last night! I have a few more spots I am working on. I have found it much easyer to find shed hunting spots than hunting spots. That is the other reason why I enjoy shed hunting more ALMOST. This is going to be a good spot. Going to head out in a few to the spot but now there is only one problem! WHO ORDERED UP THE SNOW AGAIN? It has been falling all night and there is a slight blanket down on the old stuff now. :mad:

6. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, NO sheds again today! But I did find some good signs that they are there somewhere. I even about crapped my pants when a turkey was bedded in some tall grass and I got to 10 yards from it and it took off like a bat out of hell! I thought I smelt something funny since I was not expecting anything like that and could not even get my camera up fast enough to catch him running off. Here are the pictures from today and the running tracks of the turkey! LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Here is a few of the 161 photos that I took up at Starved Rock Nature Park by the Lock & Dam! What a day that was! I could sit up there all day and watch them fly and catch fish all day long!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We are expecting close to another 10" of snow on top of what we already have by tomorrow.:mad:

I love snow but its killing my shed hunting. If it was just a couple inches it would be great.

9. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Dont know how you Northerners deal with all the snow :eek: Im back to work, I work 12 hr shifts so the shedin will have to wait till im off again. I have high hopes ;) and I am going to hook up with gri22ly on the 18 for a KY shed hunt :) Awesome pics dawg !!!!

10. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Blood!

11. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, It was nice meeting you Justin and Mike! I will be back tomorrow hoping to see that I have won another award for my pics so I will stop by again tomorrow. I was in a hurry today to get a fast pass through and will have a little more time tomorrow. Do you guys have some hoodies at the show in a 3X? If you dont see this till tomorrow or after I guess I will see you tomorrow!

12. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Well im slipping :D On my way to work this evening my son called and said he found the match to the # 2 king shed I picked up :eek: It was only 60 yards away, and I looked fiercly for it :D guess im getting old. Ill post pics tomorrow. Thats # 2 for him so 5 between us. I cant wait for Mon and tues my days off to get out again.

13. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Went for a long walk today and found 6 of them but there was only one problem, the bucks that had them on had to knock them off! Two of the bucks where a good 130 class then the other was a basket 6. I wish we could use a rubber bullet gun to knock them off the deer! LOL

14. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I went for a slow drive this morning and now have gained 2 more shed hunting spots that have timber along the river. Not a lot of timber but you never know. There are clumps of timber by these so I might find a few. All I have to say is I LOVE PLOT BOOKS! They are well worth getting.

Ok for those of you who have asked about what happened with my photos at the Illinois Deer & Turkey Classic here are the results!

[​IMG]

My baby fawn got 2nd Place in Wildlife and 3rd Place for my Cicada in Wildlife! It turned out to be a good day!

15. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job Dawg! Now quit messing around and go find some more bone! I'll be in Iowa this weekend which means no shed hunting for me. Come on daylight savings time!!!!!!!!!! Once that hits I'll have about an hour and a half after work each night to hit it up.

16. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Team 4 members.. you have a new captain... he be the Dawg.

He will begin a new team thread... once he do... I'll delete this one.

All your teams sheds thus far will still count.. except your former captains. I'll have a new guy join your team shortly and he looks like a ringer.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.