Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Team 4

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by buckhunter1988, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I was going to go for a walk this morning before the UFC fights and the Big Day Tomorrow but we ended up getting some snow. I think I will wait because we are going to get more snow soon.

2. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Go who dat nation!

3. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I wanted to get out before we got snow and I am glad that I did. I ended up seeing a bunch of deer down in the bottom of this cow pasture where the grass was showing and I went down to see if there was anything and found this 5 pointer that should of been a 6 pointer. On the drive home the snow started falling like crazy! We are to get 6 inches tonight. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I came up the hill back into the wooded part of the pasture I met this little fella and I think I got the "MEAN MUG" from him for taking his antler!

[​IMG]

4. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Dawg your leaving us in the dirt :D keep at it ;) I was going to get out this weekend but we had snow and there was Ice clinging to the underbrush and branches making hunting sheds a challenge :mad: hopefully soon as its just now getting good here :)

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Nicely done! I was stupid and lazy last weekend and didn't get out, now we're getting dumped on with 6-12" of snow right now. Doh! Hopefully it melts off soon because this is getting out of hand.

6. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Justin, where in illinois are you? I am in Central Illinois "Pontiac". We got around 6-8 inches of snow and they say we might get somemore tonight! I sure hope we dont! I agree with the melt off!

7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm up north in the 'burbs. About 45 min NW of Chicago. I think we've gottena about the same as you, with more to come overnight. Boo!

8. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Here are my sheds as of 2-8-10! My total count is 4 with 2 of the 4 being a nice 9 point match set! I wish my dead deer count too! I have a 6 point and a 9 point.

[​IMG]

9. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry East Coast! The snow storm ended up blowing most of the way over Illinois from the 30 mph gusts and now is hitting you all again! We did not really get much more but the drifts are bad now. Hope it does not get you all to bad!

10. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    The dang snow is seriously screwing me up :mad: and there is more on the way :mad:

11. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Went for a short walk today to see if the deer changed bedding areas due to all the shed hunters and skiers in the public woods. I found two nice bedding areas and they did change a little bit so I was glad to get out. There was three bucks sporting full racks and one with half. One of the big bucks was pushing upper 140's and is an 8 pointer. That is what I want to put on the wall so I hope he stays in the area because I hunt about 300 yards from where he was at. LOL Now for the snow to melt and the antlers to drop in them bedding areas so that I can claim them! I am crossing my fingers!

12. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The snow is definitely going to mess things up for a little while. That's okay though. Give some of those bucks a little more time to drop so there's more to find in a few weeks. :D

Not sure if I'm gonna try a walk on Saturday am or not. Walking through 12 inches of snow pretty well sucks, and my honey do list seems to keep growing. Doh!

13. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My list also is growing and not sure how much will get done on it with shed season here. I have to hit my ground as much as I can due to it being public. There has been at least four other hunters out there that I know of and I am not sure what they have found. I have found 4 so far off the property and hope that there are many more to come.

14. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I see that they updated the scoreboard and they did not add my last three. Team Captain where are you? LOL

15. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Here is the set that I entered on 2-3-10 in hand!

[​IMG]

16. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Well my son found a freshie yesterday from a Dinker :D guess there finally falling here, Time to turn it up ;)

17. MechDoc

MechDoc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    2-13-10 Shed Finds

I went out today and found these 2 sheds. The first pic has a 11 1/4" brow tine with a palmated main beam and tines with a 2" spike sticking off the burr of the antler.:eek: This antler would have been a real monster if the tines were not all broken off in battle.The second shed has a 12" G2. Both antlers were freshly dropped due to blood and skull fat on the burr. Both were found in bedding areas near corn fields. I wish I could go out again tomorrow because they are really starting to drop now but I have to paint the Kitchen.:(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Second shed found.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Nicely done! Now I feel like I should've gone out more this weekend! I spent about an hour walking around one of my spots, more to pull a stand and do some scouting than shed hunting though. Damn snowmobilers are tearing up the fields on this farm and there's virtually no deer there right now, so I packed it up and headed home. Spent the day with the wife yesterday being V-Day and all.

Next weekend it's on!!!!!!

19. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wanted to go over the weekend, but blowing snow kept me in the house. Next weekend looks like more snow. :(

20. MechDoc

MechDoc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.