Team 4 - OUT 4 BLOOD

Discussion in '2019 Deer Contest' started by Justin Goins, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I posted on Equipment reviews thread but Camofire is having sale on trailcams today

Suncrest08 likes this.
  2. Justin Goins

Justin Goins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats guys! Been busy hunting and most of my spots I don't have service! I have the last week of October off for hunting. Always have the best luck at the end of October in my area. We up to 4 does down? I shot another one Sunday, trying to stock up on meat. We go threw deer meat really quick. Saw two little basket racks Sunday morning after I shot the doe. Keep up the good work guys! Good luck to everyone! Let's get a buck on the ground! I'll try to keep up on here.

RedBeardNP and Shocker99 like this.
  3. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Hell yea man. Get after it! I’ve got from Halloween until Nov 4th then Nov 9th - 18th then shotgun season is Nov 22nd -24th. I have the 21st off too which I’ll probably bowhunt. I have 2 shotgun tags so as soon as I knock one down with shotgun I’ll be picking the bow back up for my last tag. Won’t hunt every single day but the majority. Have an awesome farm I’m going to hunt in Calhoun County Illinois which is loaded with Giant deer. If I have a shot at a Booner, it’s at that place. I’m so jacked right now! This weather is cooperating and I’m loving it! Usually I’m cussing the heat and mosquitos still at this point. This is like the 80’s/early 90’s again!

4. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The weather has been amazing so far. I hope it carry’s the whole way through November! Nothing worse then High temps going into the rut

5. RedBeardNP

RedBeardNP Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Excellent! Good work brother!
    I'm hoping to get out Thursday night after work. Haven't done an evening sit yet and that seems to be when all the deer hit the property I am hunting.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Suncrest08 likes this.
  6. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet! Make it happen, I’m starting to have some new bucks show up on my farm and last night had a young 8 chasing some doe around, it’s getting close fellas.

Shocker99 and RedBeardNP like this.
  7. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m gonna sit out this weekend. Then next weekend my brother is coming down and it’s game on

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Shocker99, Suncrest08 and ash d like this.
  8. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    New ground scrape showed up in front of my stand. Must be early this morning or last night there wasn't a leaf in it. Hopefully the camera did its job and tell me what made it. I know there's a little 6pt.running around here hopeing for something better.

Sent from my Z719DL using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Shocker99 and Justin Goins like this.
  9. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    I checked cameras yesterday, all the bucks that I did have on camera disappeared (as usual) a lot of does tho. Probably going to go out Saturday or Sunday. Still trying to get my fiance her first deer ever with her bow. Almost got it done last night but just had some brush in the way. Just now seeing fresh scrapes on one of my properties. Put a camera over it last week and didn't check it yesterday, going to this weekend. Hopefully its a big boy instead of the little 6 out in the field close by one of the scrapes.

Shocker99 likes this.
  10. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well the camera didn’t pick up the scrape being made but I got multi pics of this buck so I’m pretty sure it’s him. Image1571239645.632007.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

Justin Goins and Shocker99 like this.
  11. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Taking off 2hrs early to hit it this evening. Going back to an old tree that I haven’t killed out of but still have a lot of faith in. Going off intel from my buddy checking his cameras, it should put me closer to action.

Suncrest08, Justin Goins and Marauder like this.
  12. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    Shocker99 likes this.
  13. heartstopper

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_1972.JPG
    The 13 pointer finally back on camera and during day light. Anyone have any tips on how to hunt this thicket that big bucks like to stay in during the rut.

Justin Goins, Shocker99 and Marauder like this.
  14. heartstopper

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_1973.JPG IMG_1974.JPG
    The first picture is the thicket. It’s in a cow pasture but the deer love bedding in that corner. Anyone have some tips

15. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    Have you ever tried a decoy, if this is where you meant there bedding it could be productive.
    9444D4BC-9A1B-4077-AADB-2CD21E7E9522.jpeg

Or

A0E402A6-82F2-4EB4-AC82-560BB69B69C9.jpeg

if no trees you could always brush in a ground blind. I have had good luck on the down wind side of thickets. If the bucks are not in there they will usually scent check them for hot does. Also if there are any scrapes you could try to hunt the down wind side of them after a rain, I have caught up to some bucks chem ing scrapes after a rain. Let the cams do the work, I don’t think that buck is staying in that thicket exclusively. You just need to know when he come out and where. Looks like a small enough area you could have it pegged with trail cams

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Chago likes this.
  16. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    When I'm looking at your pics there are a few important things to think about.

First I'm thinking of access. If you are coming from the north (the road) you have to worry about them bedding on the edge overlooking the field. If they are and you come walking in the field, the games already over as they'll get you.

Also you have to think about wind with access and also with stand position. That's important in my opinion since I believe you can't beat their noses.

It's hard to pin point a good location since I don't know the trees or what it looks like. But if it was me I'd be aggressive if you have other options to hunt. I'd play a NW wind and try to do a J hook and come from behind them. There is a line on the map that looks like a creek. I'd try to get on that creek if possible.

Shocker99 likes this.
  17. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    What a stud

ash d likes this.
  18. heartstopper

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_1975.JPG that is the biggest view I can get. The in-laws own all the property even the big feild to the east. I was thinking I could only hunt that stand in the morning. I get a crap load of doe pics in there. There are big trees that I could put a stand in it will be close to the nasty stuff.

19. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    409A132F-4DBF-42FC-89A6-9226B3C73F4B.jpeg Went out this morning, had a lone doe and two young 8’s come through. The one 8 will be nice in a year or two.

20. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    Going out tomorrow morning, hopefully my fiance shoots her first deer but if one of my shooters step out she said I can shoot first but checking cameras tomorrow will keep you guys updated! Good luck to you guys that are going out this weekend!

ash d likes this.