Team 4 - MBM - Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by OHbowhunter, Aug 30, 2010.

1. goherd1111

goherd1111 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rumor is team 4 has a buck down in Ohio!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes sir!

He's not a monster but I am completely overjoyed with him.

I was lacking confidence after what happened a couple weeks ago but my wife encouraged me to get my butt back out there because she wants some jerky.

I'll put the tape to him tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

View from my treestand.....no tracking!
    [​IMG]

3. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I apologize for any text I didnt respond to. I was on my toes from the time I got out of my tree until 9:00.

4. Hoyt 'N' It

Hoyt 'N' It Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    congrats again joe, he is a nice old buck. I like his spread and those long beams. Awesome buck bud!!!

5. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Joe I got the text, i was sittin in a snow storm at the time! Real happy for you!

on a good note, I am onto a giant typical for Idaho, really gonna try and hold out for him at least during this anyweapons season till DEC 1..late season after that anything decent is gonna die! anyway this buck is the real deal, potential state record typical, saw him at 70 yards last night.. candle sticks hvy and long long ... no bs guys, hes the best typical I have seen in ages. hes right at that "net" boone 170 catagory, big main framed 5x5 forsure, possibly 6 on one side.. 21-22 inside. 12 inch g-2s on both sides...Hvy tines for here really long beams, square shape rack, tall g-3s and 4s too.. the current State record is 169 and change net for bow.. this buck will push it...I have no doubt..I have not been this excited and motivated since my 03 buck. I have 6 days off starting wed.. wish me luck I am gonna live on this big bucks bed/cruising/travel corridor..He came to a big communty scrape an hour before dark.. I have to move my stand about 30 yards.. record lows coming up Wed - 12 degrees they are calling for.. saw and had 12 different bucks near or under my stand this past weekend, one really nice 140 class 5x5 but was running to fast with a doe to get a shot..

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  6. Hoyt 'N' It

Dislikes Received:
    your getting me excited troy and I'm not hunting! I wish you the best of luck. You have been very patient so something good will happen to you, I hope you kill a good one especially that giant typical. Stay on him and you might have another idaho legacy buck! good luck brother!!!

7. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Thank you Ryan, there is also a heck of a 155-160 class 5x5 on this mountain, narrow rack but really heavy and tall tall tines too. In the big woods setting I may never see him but I may...the spot I am hunting right now was lights out this weekend, action almost all day long both days..I did not have 1 deer spook or even act like they knew I was camped out in there.. when the big huge typical showed up, I about chit at first.. he came out about 70 yards head on to me and turned and went right down the big scrape below my stand. I tried grunting to him but he was nose down on a mission. I had so much action this weekend it was sick, I felt like I was back in the mid west...bucks are really moving now during daylight hours, like I have said before we are about 2 weeks behnd you guys out in the midwest as far as the rut goes. I will be happy to drill any good buck before the season is over in Dec but this big guy, really got to me, we will see what happens. I have two tags.. so if a dandy does come by I may go ahead and shoot ... I am gonna put my time in blistering cold weather and snow in the forcast.. :)

8. Hoyt 'N' It

Dislikes Received:
    I hope everyone has a fantastic thanksgiving. I won't see a computer for about a week, I'm taking the fam down too disney world over thanksgiving. Were leaving brite and early in the morning and will be back tuesday. Good luck hunting if you get out! Talk to everyone when I get back...

9. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hope you get a shot at him Troy...he sounds awesome! Best of luck.

I got about 65 lbs of meat from my buck. We'll be eating good.

10. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I took my buck to the spa tonight....

[​IMG]

11. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    checking in fellas, nice work Joe cool pic! I have hunted my ass off the last 6 days straight for that big dude. No luck, havent even seen him. Frustrating somewhat but doesnt surprise me, hes got miles of ground to hide out in. I've had a great week though, my brother and brother and law both shot their best bucks with rifles in stands I set them in.. both bucks over 155.... I have 3 more days of this anyweapons season then late archery only season. I will be back in stand after work tomorrow. :)

12. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Out the door here at work in 26 min. Mid 20s for temps, over a foot of snow on the ground and a big snow storm is moving in, should make for some good movement this afternoon! Hope a good one comes by. Talk to you guys tomorrow. :)

13. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck!

14. Hoyt 'N' It

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm back from florida, it was nice to have some nice warm weather one more time for vacation, but back to reality now. I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! I don't know when I'll be back in the stand, most likely not until illinois 2nd gun season is over. Good luck troy! Thats cool you were able to help your brother and brother in law out like that.

15. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    6 does, 1 buck last night all in range.. I could not believe a bigger buck wasnt with at least one of the does that traveled by. Back after 'em again this evening!

16. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, am I the only one still hunting? I am gonna hit it hard later this week and over the weekend and into next week. Late season sign is shaping up nicely. Best of luck to all of you still hunting.

17. Hoyt 'N' It

Dislikes Received:
    good luck troy and too everyone else who is hunting. I'll be getting out next weekend alittle. I have a buddy taking me to a pretty good spot thats holding some good bucks on it, but if I see a doe I'm taking her. I'll be hopefully relaxing this weekend, but work has been pretty busy and I'm on call, plus my birthday is on the 12th; I'm turning the big 30 this year!

18. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I can still get a doe but I'm waiting for things to settle alittle since shotgun season just ended. I have until Feb. 6th.

Good luck to everyone still hunting.

We seem to have quieted down a bit.

19. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Our late archery opens Dec 27 - Jan 29. I've still got my buck tag :cry:, so I'll be out there again!

20. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck fellas! Still hitting it hard out here.