Team 4 - MBM - Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by OHbowhunter, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Hoyt 'N' It

Hoyt 'N' It Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I think a bomb went off over me, I'm discusted! No, I didn't miss or hit a deer, I lost a good piece of hunting property. It's all because I should have kept my mouth shut. Long story short, a couple days before halloween I had been sitting all day, not seeing alot of deer, but I passed on a good deer that morning, probaly 150 class, he had a broken G-2 so I vouched to let him walk. Anyways about the last hour of light, someone decides to come into the timber to the north of me on top of the ridge and fires up their chainsaw. I'm sitting there like WTF, are u kidding me. He kicked up about 10 does, and usually you won't see any mature bucks sticking around for that crap. I decided to get down and investigate, I approached the guy not trying to startle him, afterall he did have a chainsaw, and asked him if he had seen my truck or realized somewhere somebody was hunting on the farm. He basically kept cutting wood. So I told him, I would think someone would have a little common curtousy when someone is hunting to not disrupt, he didn't care and said that the deer just watch him cut wood, and he then said my family has been cutting wood on this property since the early 1800's. So, I figured oh crap he is family. So I told him well my hunting is ruined for the night and that I have to drive 1 1/2 hours over here and back home. So he put his chainsaw away and left. I decided to sit it out and finish my hunt. Last night my father in law tells me to call the farmer, so I did and couldn't get ahold of him, he meant the farmers son who is basically running the farms now. He yelled at me when I got up to the farm equipment because they were still picking corn. I know he will take his relatives word over mine. But I never yelled at the guy, swore or anything. I never met this guy before in the 4 years I've been hunting it, so A- There is lack of communication, and B-since he's family he can do whatever he wants to, well I found out the hard way and got the boot. I'm gonna let things settle down a bit and call the guy who I supposedly kicked off which I never did. I talked to the old man last night and appologized to him, but the son is still pissed. Ilost 250 acres of great hunting. I seen another deer yesterday morning easy 160's if not pushing boone typical. This really sucks, I should have bit my lip and either left or not say anything at all. I am a standup guy and would never do anything to jeopardize hunting rights on good land or any land. Sorry if this was too long, I felt I needed to let things out and see if you guys had any reactions or feedback. I'm still sick to my stomach, I literally almost pulled over on the way home to yack!!!

2. rockinchair

rockinchair Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dang, Ryan. Sorry to hear about that! It's a shame how immature grown men can be handling adverse situations. I think you did the right thing, you got down and let the guy know of your hunting and he obviuosly paid you no mind. Do you have any other properies to hunt this year?

3. Hoyt 'N' It

Dislikes Received:
    My father in laws where I have taken my 146 class 8 pt. and 138 class 11 pointer, but I'm trying to let my nephew and brother in law capitalize on a buck. It sucks that it happened at this time because my weekend was screwed up. I only hunted a day and a half out of 4 days that I had planned to hunt. Richie music and I headed down to one of his secret spots sunday morning, we were going to sit all day, but got out of the stand around 11 a.m. because of a couple of rabbit hunters with beagles were screwing things up. We seen 2 hammers, but couldn't get them to come in. I'm gonna have to try and find a spot where I can at least harvest a doe late season. My goal is going to be to try and get that farm back and do my homework for new properties. I'm not the type of guy who will give up. I'll get new properties, it will just take alot of work.

4. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, just checking in, visited with Ryan this morning on the phone, still pretty slow here, hunted hard the last 4 days. Had some encounters, nothing old enough to get me to sling an arrow. Lots of rain and fog, daily. Movement is gonna pick up around here this week. always does as our rut is later than most.

On a more important note my mothers condition with cancer has taken a very tough turn, I am not sure how much time I can allot to hunting from here on out as I need to save all my sick/personal days for her. I will still get out but mostly on weekends.

Take care, guys if you know somebody suffering from cancer then you know what we are going through. Live every day like its your last.

I will check in from time to time here at work.

Troy

5. Hoyt 'N' It

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about your mother troy. It's never a pleasant thing to deal with. Cancer seems to cling to many of my relatives, most were smokers, but still never fun to deal with or go through. She will be in my thoughts and prayers as well as I'll be thinking about you and your family.

6. Hoyt 'N' It

Dislikes Received:
    Hey fellas, I have a new personal cell phone, so here is my new number 815-977-1200. I haven't heard from too many guys, so I'm hoping everyone is dragging deer 1200 yards out of the woods like I did! ok 500 which is too much. HAHA.....

7. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys, for not being more social the last couple of weeks. Not finding a decent 8pt that I called in (Can) really took the wind out of my sails! I should have more than the 50 points (doe) to help the team effort. Our early regular (antlered) archery season is over until after Christmas. BUT, on Sat I'm off to Alberta for a 6 day hunt. Maybe I can redeem myself up there. I am due to for a serious buck! :tu:

8. justhunt

justhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys. I got a good one down tonight. I beat the gun hunters to a nice 8 pt. I haven't scored him yet, but figure him in the mid 120s. I just got him registered and hung out back. He tipped the scales at 180 lbs. No wonder I'm sitting here enjoying some suds. Gonna be sore in the A.M.

9. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Very sorry to hear about this Troy. Your mother is in our thoughts. Family is much more important than any deer.

10. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck up there!

Congrats! I cant wait to see the pics!:rock:

11. Hoyt 'N' It

Dislikes Received:
    congrats just hunt, can't wait to see some pics!

12. rockinchair

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats justhunt!

13. justhunt

justhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just dropped him off for a european mount. He gross scored 125 even. I'll get him entered and pics up tonight.

14. DeathFromAbove

DeathFromAbove Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats justhunt!

15. rockinchair

Dislikes Received:
    Just wanted to wish everyone who is still bowhunting good luck next week! I'll be flying home to Virginia next week to hunt with my family so hopefully I'll have some luck. Hopefully, I won't be around a computer much:tu: My brother and dad have been seeing some decent bucks gun hunting, hopefully I can get close enough to one of them with the bow! Be safe everyone and having a Happy Thanksgiving!

16. Hoyt 'N' It

Dislikes Received:
    have a happy thanksgiving cody! And have a safe trip good luck too you and your family hunting, keep us posted...

17. Hoyt 'N' It

Dislikes Received:
    more points and a nice buck, congrats again justhunt!

18. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Way to keep it going justhunt! Congrats.

19. justhunt

justhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I counted wrong 126"not 125". I just entered him. Here's a couple pics.

Attached Files:

20. Hoyt 'N' It

Dislikes Received:
    nice work, way to get it done!