Team 4 Lungblood*Official Thread*

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Bowhunter29, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Bowhunter29

Bowhunter29 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Johnny Miller posted pictures in the scoreboard of a buck that scored 130 on november 5th

2. tylerhnick3024

tylerhnick3024 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    nice bowfreak

3. Bowhunter29

Dislikes Received:
    what is everybodys plans for tomorrow?

4. Bowhunter29

Dislikes Received:
  5. Bowhunter29

Dislikes Received:
    One more thing. These are the people that have taken does so far.
    BowFreak - 50
    Cubs204 - 50
    Bowhunter29 - 50
    hoytchick - 50

It would be nice to see 2 more people to shoot a doe this weekend it could possibly get us in the lead if somebody gets a buck thiss weekend too. We just need more does. thanks and good luck to everybody this weekend. happy safe hunting

6. Bowhunter29

Dislikes Received:
    members with a buck down

Member Score
    BowFreak unknown
    Johnny Miller 128 4/8

7. Bowhunter29

Dislikes Received:
    Johnny Miller's buck shot on 10/31

Attached Files:

8. BowFreak

BowFreak Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here are some more pictures of the buck I killed on November 7th. He came in at 134 2/8". I will get it posted on the scorecard along with the score break down.

After spending countless hours walking my butt of in the offseason, I felt that I really was starting to understand a very touchy bedding area. This is an area where a big buck could slip out any direction and I would not even have a clue. I knew there was a good buck using the area but all I needed to do was confirm this. I setup a couple mock scrapes using Buck Fever Synthetics during the summer with trail cameras over them. It wasn’t long after and he started showing up in early July. My suspicions were confirmed. As season approached I was putting more than one game plan together to get in this area to kill him. I headed in on November 3, setup between two good known bedding areas. I could kill a deer from here but felt I could get a good eye on what was really happening in this area. It turned out to be a great observation stand. I was able to lay eyes on him four different times that morning. I adjusted my setup for the evening hunt of November 4. That night it worked just as planned, except for the buck not giving the killing shot. So I watched his next move from there. On November 7, the wind changed and I knew it was time to dive in and kill this buck. That is exactly what I did. Put the sticks and stand on my back and really took my time going in. I felt I was really close to where he was bedding, so being as quite as I could, would be a must this night. After a pretty uneventful evening, with 15 minutes to go in the hunt, he stands up. Once he got up on his feet, I knew he would work his way toward me with the wind direction that evening. I was able to close the deal on him at 9 yards. With a good shot placement, he only ran 65 yards and buried himself into the think nasty brush. The adrenaline really started flowing and I couldn’t have been any happier.

This buck was using two different bedding areas that were very close to each other. His bedding area was determined on what way the wind was blowing that day. Every encounter with this buck showed that he always walked quartering or straight into the wind. I really feel that, if I didn’t take a mobile approach that this deer would still be alive today.

I bring you “Heavy Hitter”………………

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Bowhunter29

Dislikes Received:
    thats an awesome story, and a nice buck. Congrats Bowfreak

10. Saltysakz

Saltysakz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bowfreak, you my friend, are a "hunter." Congrats again and thanks for sharing.

11. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the comments guys. I am still on cloud 9 killing this buck.

Now the work starts to try and kill my 2nd buck for the 2012 season. I have some really good lines on some other great deer in my area. With temps in the mid 60's and rain rolling in, I will be hitting the woods for some scouting today. We have a great cold front rolling in this Tuesday and Wednesday. We are talking a 30 degree drop in temps from today. I need to but a couple of the pieces to the puzzle together to try and capitalize on another great buck before gun season rolls in. Really excited to see if I can get it done again on another great buck this year.

Stick with it guys. It all can change in a heart beat!!

12. jknierim

jknierim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thats a great story and an awesome buck. Congrats Bowfreak.

13. cubs204

cubs204 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome story Bowfreak!!

Well my 5 day hunting vacation was a bust. I just didnt see that many deer. I saw 10x's the number of deer in the early season than I did during the "peak" of the rut. It was rather frustrating. Hopefully I have some late season success on a decent buck but with the orange army invading this weekend it will be much more difficult. I MIGHT be able to sneak out and sit for the last 1.5 of daylight sometime this week but that will be all I will get out over the next 2 weeks.

14. Bowhunter29

Dislikes Received:
    Johnny Miller still needs to enter what time he shot his buck otherwise it doesnt count

15. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Got my buck all entered and the score break down. Started in make plans for the late season. I would really like to fill my second buck tag. It is going to take another great buck to do so though. One thing for sure, I still have a handfull of slammers still runiing around. I have seen some great bucks during the mid to late part of December. Stay after it team. Good luck.

16. tylerhnick3024

tylerhnick3024 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    been a rough season for me

17. cubs204

cubs204 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I put the hurting on another doe last week. The bucks have dropped off the face of the earth lately. Shotgun season this weekend then I will probably slow WAY down on how much time in the stand I get. Im still going to be after it though.

18. Bowhunter29

Dislikes Received:
    late season I will be heading down to Pike County Illinois. My friend just bought the sony hxr-nx5u package off of cambell cameras with editing software. We will be doing some late season filming down there and at our property in eagleton wi

19. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    I have the next three weeks off of work!!!! Looking forward to some great late season archery hunting.

Anybody else have plans for the late season?

20. Bowhunter29

Dislikes Received:
    I might go sit tonight