Team 4 - Bows4Hire

Discussion in '2021 Deer Contest' started by Westfinger, Aug 30, 2021.

1. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well sneaky quiet Grommel, congrats!

Good thing I have meetings all week. I kicked something in the barn last night by accident and today I can barely walk with a flip-flop on. I was in tears trying to feed the pigs and walk through the mud with the weight that was being added to my croc. UGH. I thought maybe it was a gout flare up - as I do unknowingly why get them - but I think this has to do with my stupidness. If not, then it should clear up by tomorrow.

Seen the 8 point across from the house last night that's been hanging out at my tree. So, hopefully, if this weather cools down, I can catch him in there.

Shocker99 likes this.
  2. hunterman927

hunterman927 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Kristen, I hope you get to feeling better soon and it’s nothing to serious. Hopefully he screws up and you can seal the deal on his butt!

I plan on hunting in the morning for the first time this season. Mainly to check trail cameras and see if anything has moved in. If that happens I’ll sure to let y’all know how it goes.

Today it’s work, work, work! Staining some more boards and going through my dishes cleaning and seeing what I need to buy.

Westfinger, PinkPony and Shocker99 like this.
  3. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You tryin to be like me? :lol: I Hope it feels better quick! Mine still hurts but not like it did. Waiting for the nail to fall off. It feels dead and loose. Barf

4. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    I forgot Grommel was on the team! Along with a few of the others haha. I was thinking it was just like 5 of us. CONGRATS GROMMEL!

5. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    I chose to wait it out too. My initial plan was to go out today but i just dont have the feeling yet. My vacay/pto is limited this year so im going to be picky.

6. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah....but no hahah. I won't be losing a toe nail! It's feeling a lot better thus evening. May have been a touch of gout, too.

But, good news! My Thursday meeting is actually next week. I'll be hitting my stand after work! (Back of property) A lot of movement in the evenings. My buck I wanted moved over that way, too. Quite a bit of doe movement, but I'll hold off on that for a bit since it's still quite warm here.

Westfinger and Shocker99 like this.
  7. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Glad everyone is on the mend and feeling better.

I'm going to go check cameras in a bit on a section of the property I may hunt tomorrow morning. I'm not expecting to see much but I don't feel like doing the other things on my to do list.
    In the unlikely event I have any decent bucks on camera I will be sure to post pictures of this miracle.

8. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I did t make it out this morning like I had planned. I debated it but decided to work on the house and drink coffee and just not push things.

9. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    This early in season, it's better not to push it. However, I seen a lot of deer posts on my Facebook today. They must be moving. It's an over-cast day. About 70*. We have such unusual weather this year!

10. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Went to a new property to scout. Found a solid rub line and scrapes all over about 2 miles in. Heading back tomorrow with some cameras and my bow for a sit. Fingers crossed! 20211005_143735.jpeg 20211005_150559.jpeg 20211005_144705.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

11. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
  12. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    I feel when you actually walk back in you'll have a great opportunity. Is that public land, slugger? Noone around here will go in that deep on the gamelands.

Good luck today!

13. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes public land. About a 4000 acre square. Its all gated so you have to bike in if you want to get away from the crowds.

PinkPony likes this.
  14. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Its damn how here today. Mid 80's and humid. I pulled 3 cameras to move to the other property with all the buck sign on it. Not really wanting t hunt in this heat with a 2 mile bike ride in. Slightly cooler tomorrow so I think I will make a move then.

15. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear most of us are getting out in the woods. I finally got to our property to check camera's and make sure my stands and lifelines are in good shape. Have two pretty good bucks showing up on Camera, one 10pt and one 8pt. I did a super quick sit one evening where I just tucked back a few yards into the corn and watched a known crossing. It was hot and buggy and I knew it was a long shot but wanted to get a sit under my belt.

I saw lots of rubs and a couple big scrapes while checking my cameras so I am optimistic. I'll be hitting it a lot harder the second half of October.

Logman, Westfinger and hunterman927 like this.
  16. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    I’ll be hitting the woods for the first time in the morning but not as the hunter. Me and a buddy want to start filming some of our hunts so we have something to look back on in the future. My cousin has a camera out not to far from me and he’s got pretty nice 8pt on camera. Hopefully he comes by or a big doe and gives my buddy a shot.

Westfinger likes this.
  17. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    It's 80* today. Calling for rain starting tonight through Sunday. So, I'll be sneaking to the woods in about an hour once I'm home from work. Thinking they may move closer to dark - rain is moving in around 10.

Westfinger and hunterman927 like this.
  18. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a great chance to see that buck you’re after! Good luck!!!

19. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    I kicked out four doe who greeted me on my walk in. Luckily none blew, just trotted off. Lots of chippys and squirrels!

hunterman927 and Westfinger like this.
  20. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Oh how I hate chipmunks lol. When those things are “putting” through the woods I can’t hear anything but them. The pitch of their noise just drowns everything else out for my ears!