Team 4 - Bows4Hire

Discussion in '2021 Deer Contest' started by Westfinger, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Did some plumbing at my house to install a water softener. We just moved here and the numb nuts that owned this house was such a cheap skate. Everyone in this town needs a softener. Some of the hardest water in the world! Anyway i managed to drop the whole house filter, that i also installed, right on my big toe. Ouch! 53F7A53E-2E60-469E-B847-DA6981CB0BBA.jpeg

2. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    hunterman927 likes this.
  3. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    Just a matter of time my brother! Your obviously on them. The bucks will be there and it’s just a matter of time before one slips up.
    Good luck in Indiana!
    Dang Brandon, that looks pretty bad. Are you able to get around on it?

4. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Don't think your shot placement could have been any better. Congrats on the doe

Westfinger likes this.
  5. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! It’s always nice to drop the hammer on them and see them fall. It doesn’t happen often enough for me!

Blarney22 likes this.
  6. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Brandon - that's no good. Did you get it checked out? That big toe is valuable.

Shocker99 likes this.
  7. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Small world, I'm a Plumber who manages a fleet of over 1500 water softeners commercial and residential. What is the hardness in Grain per Gallon? Highest I've ever test was in the 80 GPG . 20-30 is normal in my area with some Iron. Anyways if you need any assistance just ask. Looks like that toe is going to hurt a bit.

Shocker99 likes this.
  8. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    No i can wiggle it and the pain is subsiding. If it doesnt keep progressively feeling better i will go in. Dang it hurt though. Happened at the beginning of a four hr long plumbing project. I knew better than to look until i was done lol

9. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man! Im sure i can look it up. I haven’t actually tested it myself. Ill find out though. Getting ready to put it online tonight. Its bypassed right now

10. hunterman927

hunterman927 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Really isn’t any story with the bear. Right now in my area of Oklahoma they are protected and can’t be hunted. We normally get 5-7 different bears a year on camera. It used to be cool to see them but now they just cause so many problems and we can’t do anything about them.

11. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    After talking with people we are around a little over 400 ppm which is in the range youre talking about 25-30 gpg. Is that about right? I programmed it for 30 gpg.

12. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    I tried to edit my post with all the deer pictures but I cannot get them to load up with my laptop… is there a specific way to get them on here with a computer that I don’t know about?

13. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    yeah to convert the 400ppm to Grains per gallon you would take the 400 divided by 19.1 which would give you a hardness of roughly 21 Gpg. Setting it at 30 is pretty aggressive but it will work out fine. If you have 4 people in the house that will give you a generous reserve. If its just a couple people in the house I'd drop it down to 23-24 Grains to save a some of the salt usage. If you have any Iron at all (brown staining in toilets) I would leave the settings pretty aggressive. Also when you take it off of bypass have the softener in backwash and slowly fill the resin tank with water. Once water starts to come out of the drain progress the softener to rinse(sometimes called fast rinse) and open bypass fully for a few minutes. you got this!

Shocker99 likes this.
  14. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    I save to photos to my computer then upload them on the post.

15. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    That kinda sucks. We don't have any in my part of OH and when I was a kid growing up in upstate NY there weren't many around. I could see how they could be a pain in the ass and frankly I'm glad I don't have to worry about bumping into one on the way to my tree stand.

16. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The talk of water softners makes me giggle as I was just complaining about mine last night. It hadn't worked right since my Dad installed it then I stopped putting salt in it because I was so frustrated. I just purchased a shower head softner thing. It'll be here tomorrow.

Think I figured out my problem with deer. The idiot neighbor kid! I was out doing barn chores last night and I kept hearing his god-awful motor bicycle. He was in the woodline (his parents don't own all but maybe 6' into the woods and a small width section at that) just revving the crap out of that bicycle. That'd probably be a good explanation as to why I lost my consistent buck. I'm going to pull my camera card tomorrow or Thursday. I was going to leave it - but I may need to come up with a plan B for Saturday.

Wisconsin Buckwatch likes this.
  17. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    Never heard of a shower softener head thing sounds interesting. Sucks about your neighbor, that's always rough when something or someone is messing around in your hunting area.

18. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    I definitely worry about bumping into a female with Cubs! I don’t need to crap myself before I die lol

19. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm headed to Indiana in the morning for 5-6 days or so. I might have a hard time getting on the forum, but cell service is limited. Hopefully I'll have some good luck this year. Good Luck to everyone whos opening day is on Friday.

Westfinger likes this.
  20. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck WB!

I’m on call today and then I’m off until the 11th. I will be hunting part of that as weather, and travel plans allow. I definitely don’t have any good buck showing up regularly on camera but the cameras only tell part of the story.
    Farmer was taking down the beans the other day probably be another month till the little bit of corn that is in the area comes down.

Wisconsin Buckwatch likes this.