Team 38 - The Replacements

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Fitz, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey, MMG what's this I hear about you changing jobs? That's about 20 minutes of my day that I'm going to have figure out what to do with, since we won't be talking hunting.

2. Umpire Jim

Umpire Jim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi TJ, yeah on the silhouettes. We put out close to 100 using a "w" shape set up. This was all new to me so I became the student. When I first started waterfowling there were no silhouettes and no layout blinds. We used white sheets and floaters placed on the ground.

3. TeeJay

TeeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We are into waterfowl hunting bigtime. You will not get late season honks to decoy in on anything but full body flock head decoys here. It sucks. I have 10 grand in goose hunting now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

4. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    Wow! I haven't waterfowl end for nearly 20 plus years but I have gone a few times this year.

5. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    I dressed for success in my original skyline camo with about 14 inches of snow. I sat on my primos chair in a pine grove near an intersection but nothing moved near me. Wind was good with a huge snow storm and armed with my Hoyt. On the way back to my vehicle I crossed three sets of fresh tracks, so I had the right time but wrong place. Still a good time.

6. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    yall have a good New Year's Eve and stay safe tonight! good luck to anyone still going out. I went out this am, nothing showed up. There are tracks under my stand I'll try tomorrow night, but it'll be damn cold with a high of 12.

7. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    I hear ya. I am hoping to get out this afternoon. My Buddy Rob shot a huge buck with no antlers and a broken shoulder. He shot him around 4:45 pm and with his Helium and rage chisel tip at 34 yards. The deer only went 40 yards. I hope to harvest a doe tonight.

8. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    HNY to all my team mates!

9. TeeJay

TeeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    -16 this am.

10. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    I was in tree yesterday afternoon by 12:30PM. I had both cameras set up and did my interview. I sat there till I couldn't see even with snow on ground and nothing. They must have moved during the peak of the day around noon. Turkeys using gravel driveway for grit and just to pick at grass without having to move through the 16 inches of snow.The deer are browsing but all ready digging for available grasses and that's where I was at an intersection. They make there way from pine grove that is around 50 acres on Nieves property through my spot and then cross road to cut corn. I did have around 100 Canada geese fly just over my tree I was in and two flocks of trumpeter swans and even a flock a snows working corn. Ohio's muzzleloader season comes in this Saturday thru Wednesday so I will carry my Hoyt.

11. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    Zero with wind this morning here.

12. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    well, another close one tonight boys. Perfect night, 27 degrees, snow on the ground and very quiet in the woods. I could hear the doe walking through the snow before she got to me. (Very cool seeing a doe in the winter) So I had a doe come out bout 40 yrds or so out of the woods and started walking to my right. I started to shift to shoot to my right when the rubber soles on my Lacrosse Icemans squeeked the tiniest amount and sure enough she heard it. So the staredown began for 10 min before she finally made a move towards me. So what do I do but shift my weight, and there go the boots again, squeek. She stops again, but instead of heading down the trail past me, she decides to do a 180 in the woods (out of range) around me, pops at again at about 40 yds eating browse and me with absolutely no shot. So that's hunting. I'll be out tomorrow morning again for a couple of hours just to see what comes thru there. 3 more days left for me. tomorrow morning, fri afternoon and sat afternoon. So hopefully I'll connect and get some pts on the board for our team.

13. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a great evening and a close call. Good luck in am.

14. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well it's all over for me! Mass season ended 12/31. Good luck to you guys that can still hunt. Happy New Year!

15. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    It was having you on the team Bob.

16. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    It was great to have you on the team Bob. Sorry for the typo

17. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    I just shot a doe at 20 yards and she fell over at 60. Her head is up but I will give her time. Ohio's muzzleloader season with my Hoyt and on the ground. I am in snow camo with orange and she never knew I was there.

18. TeeJay

TeeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice!

19. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    congrats there Jim! that is really cool taking one on the ground. I've heard others say the samething about the snow camo, they don't see it at all. Well I'll be going out in a few minutes this afternoon (SAT) for my final hunt of the year. I saw a lot of deer in 3 fields this morning about 6:30-7 am. Hopefully I'll connect.
    Jim dont' forget the doe points if you didn't already score a doe earlier this yr. I thought you did, but just a reminder if you didn't. Great being with all of you on the team this yr. Are any of you coming to the gtg in June?

20. Umpire Jim

Dislikes Received:
    I saw her get up very slow so I opted to back out for the night. I saw impact was right behind left shoulder perfect but it must have glanced off the bone and travelled down and back. I am thinking I hit left lung, liver and guts. She should be in there a little ways and hopefully done in am.