Team 36 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Matt, Aug 25, 2012.

1. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to ya.
    Well still no encounters with the big ones just a couple more 2 1/2 year olds and a few does and a fox. Weather is dropping about 20 degrees over today and suppose to get down into the 30s at night over the weekend. Should be a good weekend with the weather change, hopefully it will get them on there feet.

2. Oklahoma99

Oklahoma99 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    buckhunter1988- Good luck with your shoulder. Seems like something always ends up getting screwed up when you need it the most.

coheley665- Sweet looking buck on pic number 3. Good luck!

Jim_IV- A mid november hunt in Kansas.......put some brown down :tu:

I hunted all day monday and didn't see a single deer. Spots I get 200 pics a week on trail camera during the summer drop down to almost nothing this time of year when the acorns drop and the deer spread out looking for them. On our 55 acres, acorns aren't very abundant since it was logged back in the day and most trees aren't very old. Early October hunting is kinda rough here but it all comes back before the rut hits :evilgrin: Best of luck to you guys hunting this weekend!

3. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Usually that's the case by me, too, Oklahoma. This year with the strange weather all summer, we ended up with a bumper crop of acorns. still haven't seen the number of bucks I would anticipate, but they should start showing up soon

4. Beagle001

Dislikes Received:
    Had a pretty encouraging weekend. Got pictures of my number one buck on my hitlist. Also heard a buck making rubs, and fighting along with what I think was a young buck chasin a doe around. The weekend can't come soon enough

5. buckhunter1988

buckhunter1988 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok went hunting in a spot a never thought about hunting in between two developments this morning for a quick hunt and seen the Largest buck ive ever seen while hunting. He came in a lil after 7 walking down this pretty large valley that just ends in a big bowl. He came from a farm that No one is allowed to hunt so Im a lil excited to of seen him in daylight hours. I know deer bed in the bowl cause thats where my aunts house is and she see's deer every winter bedded in it and this is the first year she said I could hunt behind her house. Well anyhow Im guessing hes atleast 51/2 years old and could possibly be close to 200 inches I know hes deff a booner for sure. Ive shot 2 booners so far in my life and hes deff bigger then both of them so Im going to work today and requesting my vacation for now cause I wanna try and get him before the rut comes around. Im just gonna hunt either side of the valley two stand settups for the right wind. Well im off to work Ill post more later this evening.

6. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds good :tu: good luck!!

7. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Also a reminder, post the time and date of your kills along with 2 photos of you/deer/bow on the score card...

Keep after it!

8. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    good luck keep at him hopefully u can put that big boy down!!

9. Beagle001

Dislikes Received:
    Keep pluckin!

This is the pic of the big boy I got on camera. He is a 5 1/2 year old that I've had some close calls with and pictures of in previous years. I'm quite shocked he isn't bigger actually. He didn't grow very much from last year. I thought for sure he'd have more mass anyway. Definitely a shooter, just gotta think of a name for him. He used to be "The Big 8" but he's obviously more than that now

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  10. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    great looking deer there hes a stud hopefully u will be able to get him in daylight, as far as a name no ideas here im terrible with comeing up with names for deer

11. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    well since its been a lil while just checking in to see how every ones hunting is going?? rut is right around the corner here cant wait for my vacation time the first full week of november.

things have been steady around here but still just smaller bucks and does as of now. did have one come in at very last light was hard to tell how big he was but pretty sure i could pick out some good tine length and width on him but he just came in about 10-15 min to late.

12. Beagle001

Dislikes Received:
    Things have been heatin up a little around me. Rubs poppin up all over. Im gonna have two more cameras rolling after this weekend, so I should hopefully be finding bucks somewhere

13. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    i have been seeing a bunch of small rubs but nothing to big yet and some scrapes. i put out a few mock scrapes yesterday so will see if anything good comes to those. how many cameras do u have now? i have 5 out and want more but the budget isnt real good with that right now. on the up side i did check a camera yesterday and had another good buck show up, on the down side though pics are blury so its hard to tell how big exactly and it was about two hours after dark. in that october lull part right now but hopefully in the next couple weeks the big ones will start to get up and cruise. PICT0022.jpg PICT0023.jpg PICT0024.jpg

14. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ryan

I think that buck has better mass than you are giving him credit for.

15. Beagle001

Dislikes Received:
    It is possible. His body is tremendous so that doesn't help make his rack look bigger. Regardless, if he walks by, he's getting shot at

16. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ryan

Best of luck buddy, you deserve it.

Dean

17. Jim_IV

Jim_IV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in on things. I leave two weeks from today for Kansas!

Here are a few bucks I'm chasing on my place here in east Texas
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351037091.298108.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351037109.165633.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351037133.750625.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351037152.704544.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351037164.950771.jpg

18. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck in Kansas, i have a little over a week before I head ti Ohio. Its been slow around here, well hunting wise it has. Muzzle loading season messed me up last week. Good luck everyone!

19. Trlblzr3

Trlblzr3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't been seeing much in Virginia so far, but thankfully I am headed to Ohio Friday and the weather looks like its going to be great. Always see plenty of deer there.
    Matt, what part of Ohio you headed. I will be hunting in Knox County

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  20. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    well good luck to you in kansas knock down one of those true giants!! you doing a public land hunt or going to a outfitter?

good luck to both of you guys in ohio they have some great deer there, always been wanting to make it down there since im only an hour from the boarder. this weekend should be good temps are going to drop around 20 degrees and it being the last weekend in october that should jump those bucks up into some rutting activity