Team 36 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Matt, Aug 25, 2012.

1. NebBowhunter

NebBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice buck. Congrats on the buck.

2. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    very nice congrats on him, gotta love killing bucks that you have history with. im yet to do it but i can bet it has way more satisfaction to it

3. jtskullworks

jtskullworks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is awesome! Great buck! Congrats

4. Jim_IV

Jim_IV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Picking up my buck next weekend I should have a score on the board by the next Monday

5. Oklahoma99

Oklahoma99 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck! Jim, it's good to hear we're getting some points up on the board. I hope the mount turned out good!

6. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    well its been pretty quite on this thread just seeing how everyones late season has been going??
    for me things shut right off once gun season rolled around, its been close to a month that i have seen a deer while in stand, the amount of pictures i have been getting are not even a quarter of what i was getting before. Im not a 100% on what happen with the deer but it seems to be they have moved off somewhere else with better cover. I moved a camera this past weekend where there seemed to be plenty of tracks so im hoping to move in there this coming weekend to see if mayb i cant catch something on there feet with the cold front moving in finally.

7. Oklahoma99

Dislikes Received:
    Little movement for me here. Not much on camera. I felt lucky to take a doe with a rifle because it's been such an off year here. Anyone know where the deer went?

8. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Movement has been very little here as well. We've got nasty weather moving in which may help. I, too, moved my cameras around in hopes of catching something around. I'll be heading out for another doe hopefully but I think I'm passing bucks from here on out. Two bucks off our property is enough for one year.

9. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    ya things just shut down. This is the worst deer movment i have seen in years!! hoping with some snow and cole temos moving in for the weekend some deer will get up on there feet during daylight hours. I STILL HAVE A BUCK AND DOE TAG BURNING A HOLE IN MY BACK POCKET!! would like to at least get a doe down for the freezer and for some points of corse

10. Oklahoma99

Dislikes Received:
    I feel you guys' pain lol. I'm out of school for the next 2 weeks because of christmas break. Hopefully I can take advantage of this cold front and put something down with the bow. I've already taken a doe off the property so hopefully something with horn will walk by. Not gonna be picky on the size. I'll be hitting the woods in the morning. Best of luck to you guys!

11. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Well my dad was able to find some deer finally after we have been on a dry streak. we went out and did a lil doe manegment this past weekend. He went out on saturday and was able to put 2 down, then me and the girlfriend went out on sunday had 3 come in right at last light so i held her off on the shot. I was able to drag her back out on christmas eve and at about 4:30 we had three doe come in and she was able to put a perfect shot one her for her first deer. Not a bow kill or any points for the team but i couldnt be happier. Im going to try and get out a few more times this weekend and see if i cant chase one down for myself or mayb a good buck. erica doe 1.jpg erica doe 2.jpg

12. Beagle001

Dislikes Received:
    Coheley, I see you're gonna try making the G2G? Excellent choice. Tons of fun and great people. You will not regret it

13. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Ya I did a shoot like this last year Nd it was a lot of fun. I have got a ton of advice and help from the people on here so it would be nice to me a few of them to. I'm assuming your going to be there?

P.s. it was great to have all you on a team this year , sorry I wasn't able to get any deer/ points for you guys but you all know how it is when your trying to hunt target deer.

14. Beagle001

Dislikes Received:
    It was a pleasure being teamed with you guys this season. I wish you guys nothing but the best and hopefully we can get teamed up again someday

15. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Same for me guys, it was good to get to know some of you better. Hoping to make the GTG myself.

16. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Well keep in touch guys and mayb we can all meet up at the gtg

17. Beagle001

Dislikes Received:
    You gotta try and make it for the campground the night before and/or after. More fun than the G2G itself

18. NebBowhunter

NebBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It was great to be on the team. I hope that we can team up on future contest's and good luck hunting to all of you.

19. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    ya if i make it down there friday it wouldnt be until late at night by the time i get out of work and everything, but i would be staying saturday night.

20. Oklahoma99

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for not being able to put anything down with the archery equipment. I'm pretty sure most of us had a rough year but I'm happy we was able to team up and get after em. Best of luck to you guys!