Team 35 Check-In/Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Saskassasin

Saskassasin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    whats with the people not entering pics of your kills? get em posted up!

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sask...who you talking about? jvanhees was the only one I think that had to do anything (add harvest date). The scorecard isn't up to date last I checked so we may not show all the harvest scores we actually have.

3. Saskassasin

Dislikes Received:
    I just have not seen a pic of sharpbroadheads buck in this, or the scorecard thread

he posted about it on 11-27, Im sure he is editing video or other work related activities. im just excited to see a pic.

4. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys went and edited it!

5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah Sharps has gone quiet lately right after stating he had a buck down...not sure what is up.

6. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I ordered my new bow and sold my old one the next week, assuming it was only going to take 7 days for me to have the new one in hand. (Dealer said no more than 7 days). That was on Nov 5th. Still waiting..... Apparently they only made a dozen LH Heli-M's with 65# limbs becuase they can't seem to find one anywhere! Im starting to get alittle anxious. Heck I only live 70 miles away from Sparta. It doesn't seem like it should be this complicated:rant:

7. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    That is a sweet bow M3, hope u get it soon. Very similar to the DXT, but sexier.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

8. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    M3 that's crazy man! Well guys in short I discovered why I missed that one doe so badly and even the one I recovered didn't impact where I wanted...something got knocked out of tune on my bow. Been slowly working with the fleeting light in the evenings to re-tune it but sadly only had one night this week that was open to do so. It appears my rest got slightly out of whack...so I'm re-starting as if I just put on a new rest...in the mean time I gotta hunt with the smokestick this weekend fellas as I don't feel it right to take to the woods with a slightly out of sync bow. We'll see what happens.

9. vectrix27

vectrix27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The time has finally arrived. The rut is starting to crank here in Bama. My wife killed her second buck of the year this past saturday with a gun. He was a 7pt, and came in grunting chasing 3 does. I believe he was a young deer. The big boys will be getting fired up soon. It has been in the 70's or raining for the last 3 weekends, but it is going to be low 50's and sunny this upcoming weekend. Cant wait!!!

10. Otto Dillie

Otto Dillie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    good luck

11. Otto Dillie

Dislikes Received:
    well the snow is here and i didnt like it to day since i spent 4 hours in a 5ft snow drift in a tow truck

12. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yup Otto,
    Just got done plowing my 900ft driveway with the wheeler for the second time today.

13. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys let's see how good you are at the guessing game. Got some stats back from the taxi. what do you think he was aged at? Here are a few more pics besides the ones I have posted to help you out. Remember, there is 140" of horn there to put the deers body in perspective. He weighed in at a meaty 236lbs dressed.

I might even have some pics of him on the wall before the contest is over. The taxi isn't wasting time. Do we get extra points for that?:p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

14. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    6.5 !

again, dandy buck m3

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

15. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    If I were to guess I'd say 5+...be nice to see him on hoof walking to judge body structure/condition more. Who knows, either way well worth an arrow!

16. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah Tyni it would have been nice to get him on cam. Unfortunately my cam in that spot shifted downwards after I left it so all I got for 3 weeks perfect pics of huge body deer with the horns just out of the picture. Haha.

Jared I wish I would have gotten a crack at him at 6.5 but as it turns out I can't complain about putting him down at 8.5!

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

17. Otto Dillie

Dislikes Received:
    7 nice buck

18. vectrix27

vectrix27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This bowhunting is sure a humbling sport. When its not meant to be, its just not meant to be. Ive bowhunted my tail off with not very much success this year. I got that little 8pt earlier in the year, but I hadnt even been able to put down a doe. Just hadnt been able to get them in range. I decided to carry the slug gun this past saturday, for only the 3rd or 4th time this year. Nothing moved all morning, and I finally had 3 does come in at noon. Walked all the way in to 5 yards and i ended up shooting her at about 20 yards. Bowhunt all year and cant get one in range, and carry the gun a couple times and have killed 2 with it and both were within 25 yards. Go Figure!!! The rut is really starting to heat up here in Bama. We have finally gotten some cooler weather and the deer are really on their feet. The next couple of weeks should be great.

19. Saskassasin

Dislikes Received:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIC-IKPwPGg

here is a quick (shakey) video I made of the property I am on. we have been catching some nice river rainbows and some sea run rainbows but the winter run steelhead will start coming in within a few weeks. then its game on.

taking the ferry to Vancouver island tomorrow for a few days to fish for salmon and steelhead in the Gold river.

Lifes tough out here.

20. Otto Dillie

Dislikes Received:
    hey guy just checking in to see how u guys are doing? im not doing well i tryed to go out to day and on my way i hit a patch of ice and clipped off a power pull. i will be out there for the next few days befor i go back to school i went out on the 26 and had a nice doe at 40 yards on a stock. she busted me. it ended up being 2 does and a buck down in the draw.