Team 35 Check-In/Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 25, 2012.

1. vectrix27

vectrix27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Whats up guys? Everybody has been quiet on here lately. Too busy dragging deer out of the woods i hope. Tyni, you sick or something? No post from you in a while. Hang in there fellas. We still got time.

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm here guys just well into a 190 hours of stand time, but gun season shuts me off something fierce and out of vacation time. So weekend warrior or late evenings is all I have left (but still gonna get it done). No worries I'll atleast add a 50. I've been posting a lot on the board just not here, sorry for that...if you've read the thread I made in the whitetail section you'll understand...man it had taken a life of it's own.

Anyways let's all keep at it, a bunch of us still gotta at minimum put a doe down (I know I'm officially gonna start filling freezer at homestead property). My two big boys are more than likely dead sadly, as one was wounded and the other was spotted possibly in the back of a truck by the landowner down the street....oh well that's life i guess. Still a chance...and you can bet I'll be hunting into the last day if I have to.

3. sharpbroadheads

sharpbroadheads Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    sorry been out of civilization for three weeks....i shot a buck...will fill in details and pics tommorow

4. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome news Sharp congrats!!!!

5. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet! Hopefully there is some video footage associated with it as well. can't wait for the story

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

6. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great news sharp!

Nothin here, havent been seeing anything. Will be out again this weekend. Out of vacation time and can only hunt the weekends now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

7. vectrix27

Dislikes Received:
    Great job Sharp. Congrats

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  8. Otto Dillie

Otto Dillie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    congrats sharp lets see some pics

9. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Back at it today. Zero deer this morn, same tonight so far...

10. vectrix27

Dislikes Received:
    Hot here in Bama this weekend. Terrible. Saw one doe yesterday and that was right at dark. By the time she fed in to me, it was too dark to shoot. Nothing this morning. Did honey do's this afternoon to get them over with. Going to cool off soon i hope. Good news is that Bama won SEC championship yesterday and is going to the Nat Championship. Roll Tide!!!

11. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys Saturday I should have had a double. Shot two does in an hour, but the first one my shot hit a branch and deflected back. It was a gut shot...and we didn't even take up the trail till 4 hours had passed. We spent well over 5 hours searching for her on a non-existent blood trail really. Grid searched entire areas, and did our due diligence and I'm confident there is no way we could have found her and pray she is a miracle deer and lives. We did find two deer in a guys back yard known as the local "jerk" (putting politely). Went and asked if one of them had been wounded by chance....after swearing at us about how shooting does is what only "dumba****" do (long story short he's an idiot and an ***). I wouldn't doubt one of them was mine but I wasn't about to walk up to one of them and check, he claimed they were roadkill deer....anyways with only about 2 hours of light now left we took up the second does trail which was like following a blood trial of a blood super soaker. She was piled up not far away and had been doubled lunged. Needless to say I was too tore up over the loss of the one doe to hunt today. (only 2nd deer I've ever not recovered). But the doe we did recover was a brute of a Midwest doe and will fill the freezer nicely. I'll be back at it soon enough on the weekends for a buck still fellas.

12. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear that Ty, and congrats on the one...

Hunted Sunday night as well, but did not see a deer all weekend.

13. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    sucks to lose one that's for sure. As long as you know you were diligent in your preparations coming in to the season, that's all you can do. I don't know a single hardcore bowhunter that hasn't done the same. Congrats on the other! 6 more does and we're right back in the mix. :D

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

14. Otto Dillie

Dislikes Received:
  15. vectrix27

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Ty on the doe.

16. OutbackRyno

OutbackRyno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey fellas, been a little busy during the Holiday season. Filled my second buck tag. He was just a small basket rack 8 point. Took him with rifle on public land. I was getting worried that I wouldn't be able to fill my buck tag as we get later into the season and my stand time drops off, so I pulled the trigger.

No sign of the buck I was unable to find. No pics, no nothing. I'm pretty sure he won't be around next year.

Grats on the kills guys.

And Ty, sorry to hear about the reaction. That stuff sucks. Heal up quick man.

17. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Stinks on the 8 no sign...was hoping we'd hear ya say he's well...but hey it happens. Seriously this sumac (what I think it is) seriously kicked my butt dude...missed 2 1/2 days of work because I couldn't even stay awake for more than an hour or two haha!

Well guys I hate to say it but I will be back at the swamp property this weekend...however it will be with my ML more than likely as there is just no way I'd probably get RD (if still alive) to come into bow range. Gonna climb into a grassy tree line between two corn fields if wind is right and hope for the best....we'll see what happens....I'll probably end up taking the bow...but man they've shut down and hug the sanctuary and we simply don't have a good spot to bow hunt right now up close enough (will change next year). Good luck all!

18. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job everyone on your successes.

I have not posted much guys. It has been a season I would like to forget to say the least. Most recently I had my newest camera stolen. Had been getting some nice pictures off it, checking it every couple days. The worst part is it is probably someone I have spoken too in the area as there is some other hunters but not a huge amount. Frusterating to say the least. The biggest of the deer I had been hunting during the early archery season bit the dust opening day of the firearms season. 167" 11 point. The 2nd biggest now only has 1/2 his rack as the 2nd weekend the neighbors blew the other half off. I have pictures of him since the rack has changed, then of course the camera disappeared.

I have not hunted in about 8 days now and don't plan on going to till we get some snow. The weather has cooled off and traditionally this is my favorite time to hunt, late season with snow and the colder the better. While I am not going to give up till time runs out but my spirits have been damped by thieves. Good luck everyone and be safe out there.

19. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    dbl lung I feel your pain man. Just like you I had the biggest deer of my hunting career present but playing peekaboo with me all year so far only to be wounded or pushed nocturnal or vacated the area come gun season....haven't lost a camera yet but did catch some trespasser on our new place with a camera which I guess caused a big blow up when our landowner saw them and called the neighbor :)

Keep at it bud, as you know like I do...this time of year can be exceptional if you've got the green food source and the does are there...mature bucks from anywhere can swoop in.

20. Otto Dillie

Dislikes Received:
    i know how u guys feel i went all last season only seeing 3 deer. this year i have saw 5 got saw by 2 does early shot 1 of the 2 bucks but never found him then the little buck i shot. to day was the first time i had even shot my bow since that day and shockingly i took a 50 yard shot for my fist shot i hit right where i wanted it to.. I think i will be back out this weekend to see if i can get a doe to get some more points.. good luck and kill some deer..