Team 35 Check-In/Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 25, 2012.

1. vectrix27

vectrix27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cool pics tyni. You got some nice bucks there. The 2nd pic that isnt real clear looks like a dang giant. Still waiting for you to post hero pics of you with RD though. You are gonna get him before its over with.

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    vectrix I'm telling ya man I'm gonna be trying even harder here this coming week. Pretty much using up all but a couple days of my saved vacation I was thinking I wouldn't need as I'd have tagged him by now...but alas God didn't see it fit to happen yet. We'll see fellas, you guys will all know if I get him though as you'll probably hear my tears of joys falling :)

3. vectrix27

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys, this will be my last post probably for a while. Im packing the truck down tomorrow when i get off work and heading to ohio for 7 days of bowhunting. Im staying in a little old cabin, so i doubt I will have internet. And im like the only person on the planet without a smartphone. Anyway, Ive never been there before, so I will scout a day or so and then get after it. Ive got some spots in mind from google earth. Hopefully the deer will be moving good. Looks like the weather is going to be decent starting tuesday with highs in the low to mid 40's for the rest of the week. Tyni, ive got your cell number, and will be sure to send you a text if i shoot one. Just me and the wife going on a hunt this year. All my boys backed out. I might be the one getting shot before the week is up. lol. Should be interesting.

4. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Vectrix. Ohio has some dandy bucks, just hope you can find somewhere with little pressure. Ive been down there a few times and can never seem to get away from people. I'll be switching to a gun in a week or so. Season opens in WI on the 17th. Unfortunately for me that is the same weekend of deer camp in MI with my family. Although Traverse City MI is no comparison to WI in terms of deer, I wouldn't miss it for the world. 14 brothers, cousins, uncles in a 800 sq ft cabin on 40 acres always produces good stories. Some of us actually make it out to hunt a time or two as well! Every year it makes me appreciate hunting and its true meaning in my life.

To all who haven't had much success to this point, Be persistent! Trust in your knowledge and don't screw up if you get a shot a monster:)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  5. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Vetrix!

And M3, my deer camp is the same way...hunting sucks but the times are great!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

6. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its Saturday, most people are off, but yet little activity on the board. Does this mean people are seeing deer? I hope so. Show me I'm right fellas.

BTW, had a monster 9pt in my driveway last night as I was pulling in. Roughly 20" wide, tall tines. He turned to look at my truck, and then leasurly wandered into the woods. Hopefully he finds a better hiding spot come a week from now. I'd sure like to get a look at him next year.

7. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys hunted all day Friday, all day Saturday, till 2pm Sunday (high winds and temps ended it), from 11am till dark yesterday...and haven't seen a shooter up close yet. Lots of small ones. Only shooter I had coming my direction was then chased out of dodge by some freaking dogs!!!! I hate to say it but looked like it was RD....aaaah just how the season has gone.

Gonna hit the swamp property for RD or one of his buddies one more time today all day....if I can last in these temps. At most I'll get down mid-day pull a card and check it in the stand to warm back up.

Good luck guys. I got tomorrow and Thursday as my final vacatino days then after that it's weekends and holidays only for this guy sadly.

8. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, had a 5 point and 3 does under me Sunday night, and saw 2 does sat night. Zero both morning hunts...pretty disappointing season so far. Gun season starts Thursday in MI, and bow season is pretty chitty after that...but Ill be back out there with the bow either way. Going to make something happen....just been a rough year weather-wise.

Will be at rifle camp with the family this weekend, hoping to smoke something then to blow off some steam!

9. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well had a BEAST 11 yards broadside...would have been my biggest buck ever...but was 15 minutes before legal shooting time. Ugh ethics suck!

10. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    well guys 6 straight days of hunting (4 all day sits, other 2 were both over 7 hour sits) and nothing from it. I had two run ins with shooters but lost RD on the one to freaking neighbors dogs running him off (you can read about it HERE) and then the very next day I didn't shoot a beast of a buck (can read it HERE) for well legal reasons. Needless to say guys the orange army will head out this Saturday with Ty for the first time in years still buck hunting. Gonna get a lot tougher with the pressure of the army and the lack of vacation days remaining but gonna try guys. Good news is come late season I'm gonna have no trouble laying a doe down...my one stand has given me at minimum 5 doe kill chances every single sit...just not freezer filling yet.

11. Otto Dillie

Otto Dillie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    this guy just showed up the other day i think im going to name him fork PICT0001.jpg

12. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    With the close of the early bow season in WI I can say this has been the most frusterating hunt in 25 years of bowhunting. The most 140"+ bucks ever on camera and nothing to show for them. The gun season is 9 days and then I will be back at it with a bow. I love hunting late. Always see a lot of deer and it is fun to see what was fortunate to make it past the "orange army." The season where I hunt on WI last till January 31st. Beat down or not, I won't give up until I run out of time guys. THATS A PROMISE!!!

13. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    dbl lung pretty much same for me. Never have been after this many or this caliber of bucks...and nothing. Save the two close calls I mentioned in an early post and are on my hunting log site. Just like you bud I'm gonna keep trying with everything I got till I can't anymore. I will put 50 points on the ground at some point for sure though fellas...just not freezer filling yet :)

14. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This guy didn't get a passing grade in English class.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

15. vectrix27

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, the Ohio trip didnt go as planned. Saw some nice bucks but couldnt get them in range. The wife missed about a 130inch 8pt. I thought she was going to cry. Shot right under him at 31 yards. She has bowhunted for about 5 years, and believe it or not, thats the first deer she has ever missed with a bow. I knew it was bound to happen eventually, but I hate that it happened on the biggest deer she has ever shot at. I think we caught the tail end of the chasing because the hunting got worse and worse as the week progressed. I ended up shooting a tiny buck to fill my tag since I wont have a chance to go back up there. I need by butt kicked for shooting him. He will eat good and Im glad to get something, but that is definetely not the kind of deer i was looking for. Posted points and pics on the scoreboard. He didnt score but 74 1/2 inches. Pitiful. Sorry fellas!

16. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! Don't think I could eat my tag on an out of state hunt either. back straps taste much better than paper. Trust me I make the stuff for a living.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

17. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Vectrix, great job and like M3 said there is no way I could eat my tag either out of state hunting. Congrats!

18. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So the neighbor kid who only hunts opening weekend of gun season shot the above buck opening day. It was only 19.5" wide and actually was a 10 point. Green scored 182". I've only spent hundreds of hours in the tree hoping he walked by over the past two years. Oh well, I'll think of it like having to find a new girlfriend, all the exciting possibilities.(happily married btw) I probably wouldn't have shot it anyways cuz it had 1 7/8" deduction from a busted G4. :) a cruel world it is.

19. vectrix27

Dislikes Received:
    Dang. That sucks m3. Thats the way it goes though. Maybe he spread some of his genes before he got popped.

20. Otto Dillie

Otto Dillie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys im back from wisconsin now so i will be back to bow hunting come next weekend. me and my dad got 3 deer whale we were up there rife hunting i shot 2 does 1 at 360 yards and the other at 3 yards. my dad got a spike with some cool spikes.. i will try to get a doe in the next few weeks to get some more points for us. good luck and keep hunting