Team 35 Check-In/Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 25, 2012.

1. vectrix27

vectrix27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats guys. We are looking good so far. But yall are driving me crazy with the pics. I still have over 3 weeks till my season comes in. Dang Alabama and there late date.

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You know when I sent out that update pm, I began to think you were the one on the team that had a late starting date.....by that point I wonder how many points we'll have.....:rock:

3. Otto Dillie

Otto Dillie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    lets try to make it to 1000 points befor then guys if we made it that far that fast that would mean the other teams would be playing catch up all year like they are now and will be any way so lets just make us winners in the next 3 weeks and put up 1000 points.

4. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Possible...maybe not probable but who said we had to be probable haha!

Sadly guys this will be the very first October 1st I don't make it out since I started bow hunting...gonna try but working late doesn't help that and I may be roped into a family thing haha :D

5. Otto Dillie

Dislikes Received:
    i will be out in the afternoon on oct 1. now that i think about it i had a encounter with the buck i am hunting on oct 1 last year and missed him at 10 yards and then stocked him and got to 40 yards and was to scared to take the shot back then but this year 40 yards he is a dead deer

6. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We just want to make sure you guys feel like you still have a chance, that way it will be more fun when we take the lead at the end :poke:

7. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I'm hoping that is what my Packers are doing right now with Seattle! YIKES!

8. Otto Dillie

Dislikes Received:
    Monster Raxx we r taking this one all the way. there is no giveing up for us.. good luck u r going to need it....

9. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just scored another parcel last night, this one being 168 acres. Lady was blowing me off when she realized I was persistant, and actually polite and knocked on her door instead of tresspassed, she gave me rights to hunt all of it. helped I was wearing my tie yet too I bet.

I guess ppl tresspass there, so she gave me the right to kick them off. That should be interesting as Ive never been able to do that...

I havent walked it yet, but its nice lowland woods/swamp. Ill put up a pic ina min, as I need some help figuring where to start....rub lines and scrapes is my guess. Drove by on the way to work and saw a couple does in there. Looks like a good piece. Made my day.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

10. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Don't rely too much on scrapes, know where they are but only pay attention to them really after rains (without rain mature bucks rarely use them during the day). Rubs are attractive but pay attention to where they made...if along field edges I'd ignore, in heavier to medium cover...those you may be able to work with for sure. If nothing else figure out where they highest percentage of bedding is likely to be occurring and set up as close to it as you can get without busting or being risky this first year and hunt the trails going to and from it. Possibly if a couple thick places are connected by runs put a stand up in there soon and just let it set till the Novemeber dark period then slip in while their rutting hard and have a field day hopefully. Just some thoughts on things I do going into a place blind.

11. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got in my tree this morning unheard. Or so I thought. 20 cows decided under my treestand was a great place to lay for the day. Maybe my neighbor farmer is on team 27. Hope they don't find me tonight.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

12. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You didn't notice that feed sack behind your stand? :ninja:

13. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Just wait till you see what I did in your little draw sir :poke: :lol:

14. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got my decoy up in my other stand and slipped undetected into my honey hole. Too bad it's like 80 degrees. Wind is perfect though

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

15. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I lost my best place to hunt as of Oct 24th. That is bad timing but I have found a new spot and hung the stand this morning in a funnel at the end of a ridge, a bench. I love hunting benches right around Nov 5th or so. About half the deer in my basement have come from areas similar to this. I have several other areas to hunt including my own 15 acres chunk. The buck pictures have died off but the does are still around which means go time is right around the corner. Congrats to those who have seen success already.

16. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    The week of the 13th-20th of October is going to be some of the hardest hunting time frames for me...you gonna hunt the old place up till you lose it?

17. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I put a lot into my cameras. So I will leave a camera there for a couple more weeks and then determine what I am going to do. I have found that I normally start getting pictures of big deer around Oct 1st. Those picture are normally at night and as Oct progresses they get earlier and earlier. So I will see what shows up on the camera between now and Oct 5th or so. I will say thus far I only have one that I say I would shoot but even that one I may have to be in the right mood. He is not that big, but more unique than anything.

18. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys got a newcomer to the homestead property, actually we'd never gotten pics of him however a neighboring friendly hunter (go to church with him too) got this guy:

[​IMG]

Not huge, but if I can get a couple more pics or the neighbor guy does I'll have to take a good look at him. His bases have great mass, he just suffers from not huge tine length..but every time I look at him he seems better and better!

19. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would kill him in a heartbeat ....

20. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah seriously I can't stop looking at him...first I put him in the same class as the bigger one in this picture:

[​IMG]

But I seriously think he's a step above for sure! I'm trying to be more picky this year...but I think it's causing me to underestimate bucks some what.