***team 34 thread!!!***

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by cmonsta, Aug 25, 2012.

1. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah that's gotta be exciting buddy! A buddy of mine and I are looking to get a lease in Ohio one of these days

2. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sensing a little deja-vu here. :lol:

3. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    haha i was thinking the same thing! Double checked and I do have him checked in so were good there.

4. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hello, man glad you hecked in. best of luck! come back to the thread often.

5. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So I creeped around on a ton of the other teams and think we have the worse attendance record so far haha. Hopefully it changes soon. I figure by Sunday I will send another message out if there is still people who haven't checked in. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. I don't want to annoy people, just trying to help keep this fun for all of us and hope that getting more of the team involved will help that goal.

6. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hell yeah brother! when is cutoff before we have to go to alternate list? hope it doesn't come to that.

7. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The 8th is the cut off. Yes, I hope it doesn't come to that as well. I know its still early so staying positive. Just prepping for the worse just in case.

8. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    have to prepare for that, so we are not caught holding the bag on this one.

9. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly. Well be good either way though...Im sure if needed the spots will be filled and were gonna have a strong team! Im excited however it goes, just hope it goes the easy route and we all stick together on this!

10. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    that's right! we'll be ok. i also am excited. oh yeah, team 27 is going down!

11. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    damn right brother!

12. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    well didnt want nothing to be said on here all day so figured Id check in lol. Did a ton of shooting today, enough that my elbow hurts which I wish it didnt. Im changing my set up around a bit by next week...I know, dumb to do that close to season lol. I should have some new arrows coming in the next couple days which I am upping my tip weight. So, I decided to increase my draw length as well so I dont lose to much speed. Pretty sure I could go up an inch if i wanted to but only going up a half inch. They dont have the cam in to change my length until sometime next week...I hate to wait but sometimes you gotta. With the changes Ill have much better FOC on my arrows and should be looking at all most 100 ft/lb of KE...which is super overkill of course but Id rather that then under kill I guess. And who knows, maybe Ill win a free moose hunt or somethin one day haha.

13. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    You know, I hope our MIA teammates show up soon. In the meantime, I finally got to pick up by buck mount from this past season after work today. Unfortunately it was a muzzleloader kill, but it WAS within bow range when I shot it. He actually walked right under me. I sure was wishing I had my bow when he did.

Attached Files:

14. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That buck is gorgeous buddy! And looks like your taxidermist did a good job. Its a great feeling getting them antlers back in the house! And yes, I really hope they show up as well! I know when you send a message they get an email with the message on it so I would hope that they got it. But will try again over the weekend if we still are short staffed.

15. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Upping your tip weight and therefore your total arrow weight is almost always a good thing. You add some FOC percentage and you add momentum which are both great things to do. I'm not sure I'd change my draw length right now if I were you. You're pushing a ton of KE already, and increasing from say, a 100 grain to a 125 grain point won't cost you much at all in the way of speed. Changing your draw length changes a LOT about the way you shoot, though. Of course, it's up to you. I'm sure you'll have time to make the adjustment.

16. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. It actually looks a lot better than the iPhone pictures do. It is good work, but I'm not really happy with the form he used. The neck on my buck was bigger than this mount. Aaron had the same problem with his. Oh well, it's done now. It doesn't look half bad, though.

17. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    very nice sir. it looks good. you have the same neck issues as i do which sucks.

18. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah Im only going to lose 7-8fps by going to 125g. I know the draw length is risky, but I will have 4 weeks. If im having issues still after 2 weeks, Ill go have it changed back. The biggest thing Im defending in adding the length is my trajectory. Right now I have only about a 1.75" different from 0-30 yards, so I use one pin out to 30. I put on 125g tips on my current arrow (down to one haha) and its more like 3.5" difference. Havent even checked past 30 yards yet. I want to keep it as flat shooting as possible. Of course if that effects accuracy at all I will change back right away. I figure its worth a try.

19. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Now that you mention it I can kind of see the difference in the neck. That does stink. At least you know that now, to either warn him about the issue on your next buck and tell him you want the issue fixed or find a different taxidermist.

20. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    heck yes! getting heavy for pass through. what draw length are you going to?