***team 34 thread!!!***

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by cmonsta, Aug 25, 2012.

1. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    for sure. need food in freezer.

2. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well pasted on 50 points again...hope I don't regret letting all these does walk later. But they were small today and its one hell of a hill to drag them out so really only feel like goin through that if its a buck. Was a slow day, only seen the 2 doe. Huntin there again tomorrow and then my parents on Saturday. It's calling for 50% chance of rain now for Saturday...figures. hopefully it just rains the morning and not all day. Had high hopes for it earlier in the week but not sure now with the rain. We shall see.

3. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well it looks like cool temps and 50 percent chance of rain here for saturday as well. as long as no lightening or heavy rain, i will be on stand. i ain't passing on anything if i get a shot. all i have is hills to drag on, so doesn't make any difference.

4. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to everyone on the team hunting tomorrow. Be safe and keep your eyes opened!

5. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I didn't do so great. Only seen one little buck...was enough to get the heart beat up, not enough to put points on the board though. Hopefully you all had a better hunt then me today.

6. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    let my hunting was not good. didn't see anything, cold and rainy. the winds out of the north at 15 mph. something has got to change. not seeing deer is starting to get on my nerves.

7. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah buddy its rough when you're not seeing em. Makes sitting there for them long hours harder every time. Wish u were closer man I'd offer to have you over.

8. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    thanks brother i would not pass up the does

9. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Haha yeah I kinda wish I haven't passed so many. But hopefully it'll all pay off.

10. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yes it should pay off. only being able to mostly hunt one day a week really puts the pressure on to put meat in the freezer.

11. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good morning team! Just wanted to post a quick reminder, when you harvest a deer and post it ti the score card, please be sure to include the date and time of the harvest. Fitz has been getting a lot without it and its making him have way more work then he needs tracking that info down. Let's not be the guys that does that.

So, now that business is out of the way...any updates from anyone? Yesterday sucked for me. Weather.com said I would have a southwest wind but when I got on stand it was southeast. In the first hour I had 2 bust me. Was hunting real close to a bedding area so when they started blowing I knew my night was shot. I moved to another stands but its to early for that stand to produce. Will be back at it timorrow though.

12. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pics from my card pull today. First 2 are on the buck I have showed you already. Good to know hes around. The other 2 theres one nice one, but I think he might have a broken right side...cant tell. Such a let down if he does. What do you guys think?

WGI_0018.jpg WGI_0019.jpg WGI_0049.jpg WGI_0050.jpg

13. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I don't see where it looks like he's broken anything off. Besides, it seems to me that it's way to early for that level of fighting. Maybe a little sparring, but I don't see an outright brawl breaking out this early.

This has been a tough season so far. I've seen one deer from my stand and a couple of minutes after I spotted her a four wheeler rode through and ran her off. I'm not worried, though. Last season started the same way and I ended up killing 10 deer. It'll get better. I have been hunting hard, though. Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning three weekends in a row. Long sits, too. It's just tough right now. This must be the "October lull" that I always hear about. No worries, though. It's coming. It's definitely coming......

14. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Johnny glad to hear from you. Seems like its been a while. Glad ur positive still. Way to early to get worried and worked up. How's life been outside the woods for you?

15. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Busy. Very busy. Then again, I've spent almost as many days in the woods as out of the woods since the 28th of September. It seems like if I'm not in the woods then I'm either working or getting hunting clothes washed and getting the camper packed for the next trip.

16. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nothin wrong with that bud...keeps the clock ticking at the right speed

17. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well while you get to hunt i am on vacation. not really sure who has it best, some may say i do but me not so sure.

18. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lol well hunting is better most of the time. Only a couple more days though Aaron and youll be filling your freezer. So how is the vacation going?

19. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    man it's good. drove 10 hours yesterday from branson missiouri to nashville tennessee. that was no fun. by the time this tip is over i would probably just fall asleep in my stand. lol! how you doing?

20. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Haha yeah guess you're not a trucker. Glad its going good though over all bud. I'm good. Seen a nice buck hunting yesterday so I'm fired up. Should be back in stand by 1 today. I'm tryin like heck to get 120+ points for us. Odds are I gotta get lucky and get to toss an arrow at some point right? Lol