Team 33 - Whitetail Mafia

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by wisbh, Sep 10, 2013.

1. ckeith

ckeith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I finally caught a break and got out yesterday and saw asmall buck with his nose to the ground trotting through a field. I thought he was chasing at first but after getting a better look at there was nothing else i'm just assuming a hot doe came through there earlier. I will be out tomorrow morning and hopefully i can close on one of our big boys. Its gonna be perfect, the winds is perfect, the temps will drop almost 20 degrees over night.

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just not the big one that I am after!

3. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I am back from my vacation and I am sorry to report no Bow buck down yet. I did take a Buck (7 pointer) and a Doe in Indiana with my shotgun on monday the 18th. We have a big old 6 point that is running around we call Hoover and when my buck came in behind me at 60ish yards I thought thats who it was and he was about to exit my shooting window so I pulled the trigger. I was pretty pumped that I had just taken a 6 1/2 yr old deer but when I got down and found him I realized it was not Hoover but what looks like his son. Still a good buck to fill the freezer with but not quite what I was looking for. It's funny on the Friday before gun season I saw 4 different deer over 135 inches but never had a shot at any of them. Then typical once gun season started we didn't see another big boy at all.

Now Later in the week back in crappy ole' IL
    I had plans to bow hunt IL on Thursday but the rain and wind kept me out of the woods. As for the IL gun season well it sucked!!!!!! We had 7 guys in camp and only managed to harvest 2 deer. I don't think we were the only ones who had a bad gun season either. Usually by 9 AM we would have heard maybe 15-20 shots on opening morning. I bet we only heard 20-25 shots all day. It just sucked!

I am going to try and get out on thanksgiving to hunt the morning and I will be back out this weekend. It looks like teams are starting to pile on the points so if you haven't put a doe on the ground please do so because every point counts! We may not win but i would like to at least finish strong.

4. REALTREE24

REALTREE24 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys sorry it's been so long haven't been out much went out of town on a shotgun hunt three weeks ago and managed to bag a nice 6 point. Got back to work and found out I had to travel for two weeks just got back Wednesday in the stand now and hopefully tomorrow so maybe I will get a chance to contribute to the scoreboard. Good luck

5. dingodango

dingodango Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Hunting around here has been tough, have not even been able to get my rifle deer yet. Tags are way down because the numbers are way down and I did not believe them before the season started, but I have realized that the deer are few and far between. Still seeing a few and havnt given up hop yet. No matter what I will at least have a doe before its all said and done but I am holding out for a decent buck.!

6. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got out this weekend and no luck. IL numbers are down by alot. I suspect when its all said and done they will be down at least 20,000

7. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm done for the year so I've been a ghost around here.

I'm rooting for everyone to put down a big boy! Good luck out there guys.

8. jakeratt

jakeratt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting has been really tough even tho I am tagged out for this event I am still trying

9. ckeith

ckeith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone been seeing any deer lately? I went down to MS last week and hunting hard and only seen 9 all week. I was hunting with a gun but it was extremely tough hunting. I usually see deer every time i go in the woods back home but this time i seen all 9 deer in 45 span and didn't see another thing. I haven't had a chance to hunt since coming back i work 70+ hours a week and have 2 kids.