Team 31

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by AlexB32, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He found it. he said he sould have pictures up around this time.

2. bporter

bporter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Finially in the stand. Been almost two weeks. In the same area I saw those four bucks. Hope to get a good look at the eight I saw last time

3. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    good luck blake. keep us posted.

4. bporter

bporter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a fork buck that's it. I'm staying out of the woods until the weekend. Cold snap and the rut is around the corner

5. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Its hot here this week upper 70s so i probably wont be out this week again :( hopefully i can get out soon probably a week from today at the earliest. This sucks being so busy but school first. Ill be getting out there in time for the rut. So thats good news. Good luck guys.

Sent from my HTC Hero S

6. geaton32

geaton32 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    took my boy for first muzzleloader hunt he fell asleep 5 min. before three does come in some how i took a 25 yard shot she spun around and hit the gound for asecond and next jump up and took off we seached for hours that day and again the next morning find no blood at all i hope i miss her completely we check the gun it hitting bulleyes using max load with 300 sabot will start bowhunter again next week got to take the weekend off to get married had my bachelor party at deer camp just me and my son...good luck out there and becareful

7. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Cold front rolling in this weekend for the Midwest! Temps in the high 40's and dipping into the low 30's. I wasn't planning on sitting again until November. Looks like I'll be pulling camera cards Thursday and if any new shooters are on there ill be sitting Friday morning and evening. Good luck to y'all!

8. bporter

bporter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like ill be working on the truck Saturday

9. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ditto for me. It is just about getting right. Starting to feel it! Finally getting a little bit pumped to put in some serious effort. Good luck everyone, it is nearly prime time...

10. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    for those in the midwest, a hunting buddy in southeast missouri saw a mature 4.5 year old on his property chasing a doe this morning. his exact words were "had his nose burried in her tail." I think this coldfront may officially usher in the seeking/chasing phase of 2012. Fletch920 is right, its nearly primetime! good luck fellas.

11. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    First evening hunt tonight. I watched a 3yr old 10pt that would push 150 chasing does around. Running hard at times and it was 79 degrees out! Crazy. Saw another nice young one and had a solid 160 class brute walk within 10 yards of the blind about 5 minutes after time. He came from behind me and was on top of me before I knew he was around. I was busy watching deer out the other side of the blind. Saw about 20 deer total and passed up does as close as 7 yards because it was just too hot to mess with them tonight. Great hunt though.

I was sitting in soybeans with a doe decoy out and she was getting some attention. Things are definitely starting to roll. Good luck guys.

12. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For some reason I knew you would see a big deer on your first sit. I'm thinking you will put down another great deer this year :tu:

13. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like an awesome sit fletch!!! I'm ready for some of that action down this way!

14. AlexB32

AlexB32 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Nice cold front came through last time I was in the woods it was 72 degrees out, three days later and its 31 degrees should get em moving. Im about to get off a 12 hour night shift and hit the stand hopefully I can rack up some points for the team. Pun intended. Good luck to all.

15. Grahambo

Grahambo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As close to Illinois while still in the Hoosier St
    Hey guys just checking in. Weather is going to be very deer hunting friendly the next week or so in my neck of the woods. Got another doe down Monday but obviously it doesn't count for us. Working hard at the buck and have a couple 150's I'm playing cat and mouse with. Good luck guys! IMG953461.jpg

16. bporter

bporter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Up and at em early boys

Huntin a new spot this morning. 4 of us in about 80 acres. A little crowded but we will see what happens

Ill update when I get settled in

17. bporter

bporter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wind is being difficult this am. Three shifts so far

18. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think i might go crazy guys. I havent been able to get out to hunt my teachers keep giving me these papers to right to i have had no time to get out and i was going to try and sneak out today or tomorrow but its suppose to be really windy. 25mph with gust over 30 so im kinda bummed:(:sad: i know ill get a few sits in this week its just probably going to be towards the end of the week. I just want to get back out there. i hope you guys have had some better luck than me and actually getting out there. Lets start putting some bucks on the ground:moose:

19. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Hey fellas. I think this week is gonna kick it off. I'm seeing scrapes and rubs popping up everywhere! Bucks I havent seen since july are crusing through in daylight according to my cams. I've been very careful to stay outta the woods and not spook deer these last 2 weeks. starting thursday I'm off for 19 days. I'm hopefully gonna put down another 150"+ this year. Good luck to all in the tree.

20. bporter

bporter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This weekend I am hunting hard. Saturday after class and I'm going for an all day sit Sunday. I am also going to try to get out Friday after work. We shall see