Team 31 - I Thought You'd Be Bigger: Official Thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by SLINGnMISS, Aug 19, 2013.

1. NebBowhunter

NebBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Keep up the good work guys. My work schedule is finally slowing down so I can get out a little more. Hope to get a doe down before mid November when I take 2 weeks off and try to drop a buck.

Good luck to all.

2. crxwolski

crxwolski Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job on the doe Ben!

Once again another slow one for me in IL. Saturday AM I saw zero deer. Sunday AM I filmed Tom Alford and had to stop him from whacking a 120" 2 year old on our lease (there's a 125" minimum and a $500 fine for undersized deer). Sunday PM I hunted and all we saw was a scrubby 1 1/2 year old who bedded down 28 yds from us.

Hopefully now that the full moon is gone and it's cold out the bucks will be moving more in daylight. Starting Thursday I hunt 12 days straight so God willing I'll be able to kill something.

Also getting my new 2014 Mathews tomorrow and should have it all setup and ready to hunt by Thursday. Hopefully something comes close enough for me to break it in right! :rock:

4. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :hail: :tu:

5. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Been seeing a few bucks while out trying to find Raven a buck for the youth season but the #s sure ain't what they should be . Starting to think that our exploding coyote population has finally moved some deer off the property . Probably going to have to move her stand elsewhere till we get the coyotes under control but I'll give the bucks the rest of the week to show up before I decide to move on .

Good luck to all !!!

6. SLINGnMISS

SLINGnMISS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Getting real frustrated!!! The park I was supposed to do depopulation for, has been put on hold pending further notice. This area hasn't been hunted in over 22 years and only then by a police sharpshoot. There are some massive brutes in there. No other luck so far. Saw three does and a little 4 point but none came into range. I'm leaving sat to go on a weeklong bowhunting camp up into the national forest, hopefully my luck will change.

7. frosty452

frosty452 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sat tonight and saw a small 6 point I passed on. Its getting easier to not shoot the little ones but I hope I don't regret it later this is the first year I decided to hold out for something big and this six would have got it last season

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

8. crxwolski

Dislikes Received:
    Took a doe today. The toxic broad heads are the best broad heads I have ever used. I shot though her shoulder (leg) bone. I got the heart and lungs at 51 yards. The arrow went though her too. Good luck team

9. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    51 yards wowsa

10. mitchp21

mitchp21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got back from a week in South Dakota hunting Muleys. My dad and uncle got very nice 4x4's, my dad's scoring in the upper 160's and my uncle's in the 150's. On the second day of the hunt I set my bow next to the tire to glass a hillside, forgot about my bow, and proceeded to run it over, crushing the entire bow (my brand new 2013 Hoyt Spyder Turbo). I went on to miss a 150 class buck at 55 yds and a 180 class buck at 70 yards with my dad's bow. It was a rough trip for me. Hoping to get a new bow this week and get out in the whitetail woods this weekend! Something good has to be coming my way for all the **** i've gone through the last week!

11. crxwolski

Dislikes Received:
    Wow sorry about the bad week of hunting and about your bow.

12. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Ouch, that hurts!! Were you able to save anything off the bow? Sorry about the bad luck.

I whacked a nanny last night so chalk up 50 more for the team. I'll post the video after 11/4 when the new Mathews bows debut. Can't show any pics/video of it until then.

[​IMG]

13. mitchp21

mitchp21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I'm looking into if I can get my insurance to cover the loss. If not, the limbs and one cam are about the only thing that can be saved. All arrows, quiver, rest, sight, and riser were crushed/bent. I'll be getting a new bow this week, then hopefully hitting the woods this weekend. I'll still contribute to the team, promise!

14. buckjeezy

buckjeezy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great job on the Doe!

I got some pictures of a mature buck with some crazy long brow tines. Not the biggest rack in the woods, but a great looking deer.

Attached Files:

15. bossbucks25

bossbucks25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sat on Friday and Sunday, didn't see anything at all. It is slow right now, but it should be getting great here very soon. Checked my cameras and have some new photos of the "Double Main Beam" buck. He is definitely starting to move, haven't had a picture of him in sometime but he reappeared. Here are some photos. He also moved during daylight already. Bad wind so no hunting him yet.

IMAG0108.jpg IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg IMAG0114.jpg

16. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Screwed up and pushed my luck on a nice 8 Saturday morning. I'm back in the saddle and bucks are starting to move.

17. mitchp21

mitchp21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet trail cam pics! I picked up my new bow tonight. Back in the game!

18. sevi316

sevi316 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the Doe Justin!!!

Sounds like everyone's season is starting to heat up!!!

Good luck everyone!!!

19. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Will I "should" have a buck on the ground today but unfortunately a small twig deflected my arrow right into the knuckle of his shoulder and I got zero penetration. I'm talking the broadhead hit the bone and busted off at the insert - no blood on the arrow whatsoever. Point blank 12 yards, on the ground. How do I mess that up??? Thankfully the buck will be just fine so I can keep hunting him. Not the biggest deer in the woods but a nice wide 8 point with a huge body.

Looks like rain tomorrow and Thursday so I'll be back at it Friday thru Monday. Hopefully I get another opportunity!

20. mitchp21

mitchp21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got a couple nice bucks on trail camera today. Didn't have another SD card so I didn't pull the chip. This weekend should be promising!! Lots of scrapes busting open too! Good luck, everyone!